PDA

View Full Version : Geldings

Harmonicaslim
02-19-2011, 08:06 AM
In one of his older books, Cramer advocated betting 5 YO Geldings. And, as I recall anyway, that was the whole method...bet all the 5 YO Geldings you can find. Just curious if anybody ever tested that idea. Or, does anybody factor Geldings into your handicapping? In the book, of course, it an impressive ROI, but over a fairly small sample.

all the best,
Slim

MPRanger
02-19-2011, 08:50 AM
In one of his older books, Cramer advocated betting 5 YO Geldings. And, as I recall anyway, that was the whole method...bet all the 5 YO Geldings you can find. Just curious if anybody ever tested that idea. Or, does anybody factor Geldings into your handicapping? In the book, of course, it an impressive ROI, but over a fairly small sample.

all the best,
Slim

Who am I to disagree with Mark Cramer? But after they are 5 yo, their PP's should reflect the effect of their geldedness.

lamboguy
02-19-2011, 09:01 AM
this is a new form of handicapping to me!

strapper
02-19-2011, 09:44 AM
Ah, the old 5yo gelding angle...? :confused:

jasperson
02-19-2011, 10:07 AM

all the best,
Slim

5 yr olds that have just been gelded might be a good bet.

Stillriledup
02-19-2011, 03:20 PM
Yeah, i was going to say, if its not fresh gelding, his most recent videotapes will tell more of a tale than some arbitrary statistic about a certain part of his anatomy.

thelyingthief
02-19-2011, 07:17 PM
is the title or thereabouts. I use the information in my handicapping, but not emphatically so. I would not, for instance, take a slow gelding over a fast non gelded animal. It has made me money.

tlt

bob60566
02-19-2011, 07:40 PM
5 yr olds that have just been gelded might be a good bet.
Read the Cramer on 5 yr old First time Gelded.
My thought this type horse must have some potenial why spend the money to keep him in training.
Just another angle nothing more.
Mac:)