PDA

View Full Version : Dave Schwartz is Gone for a Week

Dave Schwartz
02-18-2011, 11:42 PM
That's right! I am going to be in the great state of Kentucky hob-nobbing with the Cramers and Tillers of HDW fame.

I am bringing my newly designed brain-suction device which I plan to attach directly to the head of one Jim Cramer. He has some ideas that need to escape the confines of Lexington, KY.

I will be checking my GMail address periodically, so if you need to reach me just fire me an email there.

I'll be back in the office on Tuesday, March 1st.

Beth is still taking calls, orders and shipping goes on as usual.

Dave Schwartz

PS: Do you think I need help with this 3rd-person thing?

RaceBookJoe
02-19-2011, 12:08 AM
Have a safe trip...loving New Pace !!! rbj

cj
02-19-2011, 09:30 AM
PS: Do you think I need help with this 3rd-person thing?

Craig thinks you do.

Nets
02-19-2011, 10:24 AM
Craig thinks you do.

Gary thinks that was damn funny Craig!:lol:

Tom
02-19-2011, 10:34 AM
Both of my split personalities agree.

Capper Al
02-19-2011, 12:15 PM
Dave,

You sound like you're having too much fun. Enjoy your trip.

Dave Schwartz
02-20-2011, 12:29 AM
I just spent several hours trouble shooting an internet problem here in my hotel. Eventually, I reached a conclusion...

All the hotels here advertise "high speed internet" but they want to make sure that nobody actually uses it. So, about every 45 seconds the connection resets.

It also seems to reset if you are downloading any file of size. I was trying to download the Android SDK - about 96mb. After it bombed on me 6 times I figured it out.

So, I called the hotel across the street. They invited me over to try there connection - same thing! They admitted that they do they to stop video downloading.

If I hadn't been downloading like 500mb of files last night at home I would assume that it was my computer.

GameTheory
02-20-2011, 12:44 AM
I just spent several hours trouble shooting an internet problem here in my hotel. Eventually, I reached a conclusion...

All the hotels here advertise "high speed internet" but they want to make sure that nobody actually uses it. So, about every 45 seconds the connection resets.

It also seems to reset if you are downloading any file of size. I was trying to download the Android SDK - about 96mb. After it bombed on me 6 times I figured it out.

So, I called the hotel across the street. They invited me over to try there connection - same thing! They admitted that they do they to stop video downloading.

If I hadn't been downloading like 500mb of files last night at home I would assume that it was my computer.Get a broadband laptop dodad from your cell company -- my tmobile usb stick gets 5MB download speeds where they've got the new 4G networks (3G is about 1.5MB) and has unlimited bandwidth. (Or go to Starbucks.)

Dave Schwartz
02-20-2011, 02:01 AM
I'll just go to HDW.

Dave Schwartz
02-20-2011, 06:57 PM
Had a conversation with Hilton tech support higher up today.

They said that Hilton policy is to reset the connection every 30 seconds to prevent people from downloading files.

So, apparently it is true: They advertise a "high-speed internet connection" as long as you don't use it.

This means that if you stay at ANY Hilton property, do not expect to EVER be able to download data files that take longer that a few seconds to download!

I have made a solemn promise to help spread the word that Hilton is doing this.

Tom
02-20-2011, 07:17 PM
Uneeleeevable!

Take the soap when you leave.
I hear its free, as long as you don't use it.

Dave Schwartz
02-20-2011, 09:38 PM
And it gets worse! I decided that a nice swim and trip to the hot tub would be nice.

Seems that the pool heater has not worked for a couple of months and the temperature in the hot tub was 94 degrees. The response was, "Oh, I guess it shuts down at night." At 8pm?

So, the very nice desk clerk - they have all been really nice to me as I have been to them... after all, it isn't THEIR fault that they work for a stupid owner.

Anyway, the desk clerk says that she would reset it. Then she said, it should take about 10 minutes. LOL - I am figuring it will take like 2 hours.

First thing it does is begin pumping in new water... now the temperature is 80 degrees. LOL - Make that 4 hours.

Handiman
02-21-2011, 01:06 AM
Hi-speed Internet service at a Kentucky Hotel consists of One guy ....a typewriter and a couple carrier pigeons operating on the roof. :lol: Just cool your jets....and have a great time!

Handi