PDA

View Full Version : Borel, the Master

FenceBored
02-18-2011, 01:33 PM
Congratulations Calvin.
Borel the Master despite late Peslier charge

OLIVIER PESLIER and Doug Watson each enjoyed their second successes of the evening as War Monger landed the final leg of the Meydan Masters, a result that ensured Calvin Borel won the jockeys' challenge.
-- http://www.racingpost.com/news/horse-racing/report-borel-the-master-despite-late-peslier-charge/820598/dubaicarnival/

OntheRail
02-18-2011, 08:15 PM
Way to go Calvin... :jump:

Shelby
02-19-2011, 10:30 AM
:ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp: AWESOME!!!

Bruddah
02-19-2011, 12:02 PM
I hope this quiets Calvin's detractors. It definitely shows he can ride with the Worlds best. More good luck and good fortune to a little guy who has earned it through hard work and perseverance. Congratulations to Calvin and his connections.

Valuist
02-19-2011, 12:42 PM
I hope this quiets Calvin's detractors. It definitely shows he can ride with the Worlds best. More good luck and good fortune to a little guy who has earned it through hard work and perseverance. Congratulations to Calvin and his connections.

I agree. In this ESPN age, "only thing that matters is New York and LA" age, there are plenty of capable performers in many sports who do not ply their trade on either coast.

Dahoss9698
02-19-2011, 12:48 PM

It was a 4 race competition, that was narrowed down to a 3 race competition when one of the races failed to draw enough horses and didn't count point wise towards the competition.

He won one of the races, finished 4th in another and finished last in the final race. Not really sure what this shows, other than it was a pretty pointless "competition". His detractors have no reason to quiet down because of the results of a 3 race competition.

OntheRail
02-19-2011, 01:29 PM
It was a 4 race competition, that was narrowed down to a 3 race competition when one of the races failed to draw enough horses and didn't count point wise towards the competition.

He won one of the races, finished 4th in another and finished last in the final race. Not really sure what this shows, other than it was a pretty pointless "competition". His detractors have no reason to quiet down because of the results of a 3 race competition.
He won... that's all that matters. At least he did it on a level field. I mean have we not learned anything from Team Zenyatta? A win is a win no matter how it's won.

PaceAdvantage
02-19-2011, 01:48 PM
A win is a win no matter how it's won.If you're a handicapper, this kind of thinking will do nothing but kill your bankroll.

joanied
02-19-2011, 01:53 PM
I think it's cool...that Calvin won this...regardless of how many races they ran or how his horses finished...it's just cool for Calvin and for all the American jockeys...Calvin represented them all over there:ThmbUp:

Way to go, Calvin!

Bruddah
02-19-2011, 04:33 PM

It indicates the other jockey's didn't perform as well as Calvin. Same circumstances and conditions for all. They did award him the honor and trophy, did they not? Would you feel the same way had one of the others won? Probably not.

Congratulations Calvin Borel! :ThmbUp:

OntheRail
02-19-2011, 08:18 PM
If you're a handicapper, this kind of thinking will do nothing but kill your bankroll.
I guess my attempt at sarcasm was not that good.

Dahoss9698
02-19-2011, 08:23 PM
It indicates the other jockey's didn't perform as well as Calvin. Same circumstances and conditions for all. They did award him the honor and trophy, did they not? Would you feel the same way had one of the others won? Probably not.

Congratulations Calvin Borel! :ThmbUp:

I didn't care when Borel won and wouldn't have cared if someone else won. I was just pointing out how he won it. Did you know it was a 3 race contest where he won one race, was off the board in another and dead last in the finale? Probably not.

Congrats Calvin. You won a meaningless contest. YAY!!! My point was his performance in a 3 race contest shouldn't shut up any detractors, nor pump up any of his fans. The whole thing proved very little.

Shelby
02-19-2011, 10:15 PM
I didn't care when Borel won and wouldn't have cared if someone else won. I was just pointing out how he won it. Did you know it was a 3 race contest where he won one race, was off the board in another and dead last in the finale? Probably not.

Congrats Calvin. You won a meaningless contest. YAY!!! My point was his performance in a 3 race contest shouldn't shut up any detractors, nor pump up any of his fans. The whole thing proved very little.

I guess it's kind of like hitting a trifecta by having a DQ and having your horse put up to first.....

A win is a win is a win. :)

Bruddah
02-19-2011, 11:32 PM

Yes, I read the article before I first commented. Two other races didn't draw fields of 12. Therefore those races didn't count because all the jockey's didn't have mounts.

Here's the thing, as I see it. None of the excluded races were the fault of any of the participants. None of the jockey's made the rules or conditions. They all competed equally under the same rules. In those races which qualified, Borel outperformed all of the other contestants. Therefore, he competed and won. They gave him the honor and trophy, as they would have any of the others, if they had won.

Dahoss9698
02-20-2011, 01:09 AM
Yes, I read the article before I first commented. Two other races didn't draw fields of 12. Therefore those races didn't count because all the jockey's didn't have mounts.

Here's the thing, as I see it. None of the excluded races were the fault of any of the participants. None of the jockey's made the rules or conditions. They all competed equally under the same rules. In those races which qualified, Borel outperformed all of the other contestants. Therefore, he competed and won. They gave him the honor and trophy, as they would have any of the others, if they had won.

So in other words, you aren't interested in addressing my point. You just want to respond and avoid it, while repeating the same thing. Awesome.

PaceAdvantage
02-20-2011, 02:40 AM
I guess my attempt at sarcasm was not that good.The Zenyatta comment should have clued me in more...it made me take a second glance, but I might have been too lazy to change my mind... :lol:

Hey, that's kind of funny...too lazy to change my mind...now THAT'S lazy... :lol: :lol:

bigmack
02-20-2011, 02:50 AM
Good point. You sure is schoolin' these rubes on "what's what" while they're silly enough to try and commemorate CB.

Nice work. :ThmbUp:

PaceAdvantage
02-20-2011, 02:54 AM
Good point. You sure is schoolin' these rubes on "what's what" while they're silly enough to try and commemorate CB.

Nice work. :ThmbUp:Actually, Dahoss' point was directed at the "this should quiet CB's detractors."

Dahoss' point is well taken in that regard by this observer.

And I don't need this thread turning into another Bigmack vs. Dahoss show...

bigmack
02-20-2011, 03:02 AM
Congrats Calvin. You won a meaningless contest.
Shutting up detractors. That works.

PaceAdvantage
02-20-2011, 03:07 AM
Shutting up detractors. That works.You're a reasonable guy. Even you have to take some issue with the title "Borel, the Master" and "I hope this quiets Calvin's detractors."

bigmack
02-20-2011, 03:21 AM
You're a reasonable guy. Even you have to take some issue with the title "Borel, the Master" and "I hope this quiets Calvin's detractors."
You don't suppose the title had anything to do with it being called the Meyden Masters, do you?

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/borel.png

As for quieting detractors, it has more to do with someone trolling, looking to find what they deem as 'rubes' of the game who celebrate those he/she might disagree with.

They groove on CB. Let 'em be.

Dahoss9698
02-20-2011, 09:18 AM
And I don't need this thread turning into another Bigmack vs. Dahoss show...

You don't have to worry about that. At this point it should be pretty obvious to everyone how angry Bigmack is that he can't really participate in any discussions about horse racing, so he's just going to troll me. His hero act is all about him. He keeps talking about rubes, but what he is really saying is he is a rube and he's really angry that he can't keep up. That's why he is an off topic wonder. Doesn't make the cut up here....unless you're looking for a compilation video of Zenyatta's wins.

I like dogs, so I have no problem taking on another one that wants to follow me around.

bigmack
02-20-2011, 10:16 AM
Take a gander at just a small sampling of the recent posts of this putz. They go on & on & on.

Like I've said; he is as boorish as they come. A true ridiculing drama queen who adds so little to the discussion. He trolls to lampoon.

- So in other words, you aren't interested in addressing my point. You just want to respond and avoid it, while repeating the same thing. Awesome.

- Keep pandering.

- Quite a comparison. :lol:

- Quite an exaggeration. Since you didn't directly answer I'll assume yes.

- Sorry to have wasted your time trying to understand your grandstanding. I'm sure I kept you away from some REALLY important stuff. You're the best and I never should have bothered to attempt to exchange ideas with such a brilliant and well thought out mind.

- Because when I see obvious BS, I try and address it. Some people actually do come here to discuss and learn off each other and when nonsense gets spread around it doesn't really help anyone.
Now I have a question. Are you going to continue to single me out in threads?

- Am I following you? No, I repsonded to your asinine post. I made one post in the Risen Star thread (not to you) and resisted your trolling attempts in that thread. I wish I had done it in this one.
You win though. I'm not going to waste my time anymore. The uninformed keep making it more and more difficult to actually have discussions and I'm not going to try anymore.

- So can trolling, as you are proving with each and every post.

- Protected from what?
You said yourself she is a victim here. Maybe you forgot you said it, but you did. So the public needs to be protected from one of the victims?
Back to the drawing board, champ.

- No, but it had to have had an effect on where he finished. You blamed it on form cycle. Now you're switching it up because that lame theory has been debunked.
Kepp trying.

- The problem is, you're all talk and no substance.

- Oh my god.

- Hmmm....I seem to remember someone suggesting that might be a reason for his performance. Who was that?

- I understood your opinion. It made little to no sense (nothing new here). Which I why I was hoping for you to elaborate on why you disagreed with with I said (notice you still haven't).

Relwob Owner
02-20-2011, 10:45 AM
Take a gander at just a small sampling of the recent posts of this putz. They go on & on & on.

Like I've said; he is as boorish as they come. A true ridiculing drama queen who adds so little to the discussion. He trolls to lampoon.

Question for you here BM-your opinion of DH may or may not have merit and you have made your stance clear. I must comment on your point that he adds little to the discussion and how that is way off in this thread. He challenged the idea, rightfully so, that Borel's winning the contest didnt really prove anything to his supporters or detractors....seems like a legit addition to this discussion.

Yet you, who say he adds nothing, havent really added anything yourself, except several comments directed straight at him. Arent you doing the same thing that you are getting on him for? Seems so on this end and wanted to get your take.

Getting back to the topic, I dont think these contests prove much at all in favor or against jocks. They are done more for show and the actual proof of a jocks' worth is what they do day in and day out on the track.

Dahoss9698
02-20-2011, 11:39 AM

I can't stop laughing. I really can't. You are as boorish as anyone on the internet. I'm not a stalker (and I have a life) so I won't waste my time pulling up your last few posts, but they are just as "boorish" as mine. The difference being of course that I'm not a hypocrite and I'm not following you around telling you what a meanie you are, while playing internet Robin Hood.

If you disagree with the points I've made, present an arguement why. Because all you are doing is disagreeing because I said it. That's a real valuable addition to a discussion :rolleyes: .

Here's my attempt to end this (onesided, non existant on my end) battle. I'm sorry I damaged your internet ego by showing you up a few times. I didn't realize at the time you were just an off topic wonder and actually thought you had things to offer when it came to the sport of horseracing. My mistake.

- The Boor

FenceBored
02-20-2011, 01:26 PM
You're a reasonable guy. Even you have to take some issue with the title "Borel, the Master" and "I hope this quiets Calvin's detractors."

The Racing Post (who originated the phrase 'Borel the Master') didn't have an issue with it for the winner of the Meydan Masters Invitational jockeys tournament, so why should anyone else have to?

As for Mr. Shuback's (unsuprisingly) anti-American reporting, I'll point out that he retains his job via the technicality of not having been fired, ... yet. He wants to harp on the failure to include the points for the third leg (won by Johnny Murtagh for his first ever Meydan victory) without stopping to consider whether Mr. Murtagh would have even won the race if the 3 horses rated higher than Murtagh's had run in what appears to have been a rather formful race.

Calvin won the competition fair and square under the rules of the contest. The winner of the 2nd leg had finished 12th in the first race, while the winner of the 3rd counted leg, Mr. Peslier, finished 10th in both of the first two legs.

The finish positions are correct and the points are as I guess them to be given the reporting I've seen.

Rank Points Jockey A B C D
1 86 Calvin Borel 1 4 5 12
8 24 Gerald Mosse 11 2 7 11
7 25 Hiroyuki Uchida 9 3 8 7
10 22 John Murtagh 6 8 1 4
4 38 Frankie Dettori 3 5 3
9 23 Maxime Guyon 5 6 2 5
2 81 Olivier Peslier 10 10 1
5 32 Richard Hills 7 7 2
6 27 Richard Hughes 2 11 3 8
3 79 Ryan Moore 12 1 10
11 18 Tiago Pereira 4 12 6 6
12 13 William Buick 8 9 4 9

Just give the man his props (everyone knows that synth and turf aren't his strong suits, but still he held his own) and move on.

Bruddah
02-20-2011, 04:00 PM
So in other words, you aren't interested in addressing my point. You just want to respond and avoid it, while repeating the same thing. Awesome.

Your point is that unless all the races filled and all the races counted, his win is not worthy or legitimate. If this was stated in the pre contest rules, I'm in agreement. (It did not) If the powers that be said the trophy would not be awarded this year due to only 3 races qualifying, I am in agreement. None of those things happened and he was awarded the title and trophy. If it's good enough for them, then it's good enough for me.

Because the Dahoss thinks differently is totally irrevlevant to me. Our votes would have cancelled each other. Since neither of us can vote, then my position wins. (ROTFLMAO) :lol:

Dahoss9698
02-20-2011, 04:08 PM
Your point is that unless all the races filled and all the races counted, his win is not worthy or legitimate. If this was stated in the pre contest rules, I'm in agreement. (It did not) If the powers that be said the trophy would not be awarded this year due to only 3 races qualifying, I am in agreement. None of those things happened and he was awarded the title and trophy. If it's good enough for them, then it's good enough for me.

Because the Dahoss thinks differently is totally irrevlevant to me. Our votes would have cancelled each other. Since neither of us can vote, then my position wins. (ROTFLMAO) :lol:

That isn't my point at all. My point was the results of a 3 race contest shouldn't quiet down his detractors. That the whole thing was meaningless.

Bruddah
02-20-2011, 07:02 PM

Seems as if, I understand you very well. Seems to all, you have no logical rebuttal other than you don't like Borel. Well get over it!

Dahoss9698
02-20-2011, 07:17 PM
What part about silencing his detractors isn't registering? I can't explain it any other way. A 3 race challenge shouldn't silence his detractors.

That's it. No other motive here. Your signature is very fitting though.

Bruddah
02-20-2011, 07:24 PM
What part about silencing his detractors isn't registering? I can't explain it any other way. A 3 race challenge shouldn't silence his detractors.

That's it. No other motive here. Your signature is very fitting though.

God knows you are a detractor and haven't been silenced. At what point do you get over it! Seems like paranoia has taken over your personna. Take a deep breath and Get Over it. Borel is putting the Hardware and title on the shelf. Just another of many.

bigmack
02-21-2011, 04:33 AM
If you disagree with the points I've made, present an arguement why. Because all you are doing is disagreeing because I said it. That's a real valuable addition to a discussion
OK. I've just read your little presentation. It's not unlike any of your others.

Here's the deal. This joint, like any other joint, has no shortage of enthusiastic fans that may or may not be fully, or under informed. You seem to revel in & seek out those that are less than informed.

My main gripe with you is...Lighten the F.. up. Let those that love the game have their moment, without you jumping on them like a pit bull on a poodle.

While you may know more than others, how 'bout letting them have a moment or two without you jumping all over them making them feel sheepish?

Time will tell if you're willing to recognize those on even footing for your debate and those you should just leave well enough alone and let them enjoy the game on their own level.

No need to feel like "The Man" crackin' ass against dum dum's.

We get it. You know your shit. Calm down and let people express their views without your deriding.

monistee
02-21-2011, 07:18 AM
I really happy for him! He's a great rider. I watched the races, because he was riding. And I wasn't disappointed! Isn't it always the case, when someone's successful. There's people who just can't stand it! Joe

Dahoss9698
02-21-2011, 10:28 AM
OK. I've just read your little presentation. It's not unlike any of your others.

Here's the deal. This joint, like any other joint, has no shortage of enthusiastic fans that may or may not be fully, or under informed. You seem to revel in & seek out those that are less than informed.

My main gripe with you is...Lighten the F.. up. Let those that love the game have their moment, without you jumping on them like a pit bull on a poodle.

While you may know more than others, how 'bout letting them have a moment or two without you jumping all over them making them feel sheepish?

Time will tell if you're willing to recognize those on even footing for your debate and those you should just leave well enough alone and let them enjoy the game on their own level.

No need to feel like "The Man" crackin' ass against dum dum's.

We get it. You know your shit. Calm down and let people express their views without your deriding.

Mind your own business, or at the very least practice what you preach. This conversation had nothing to do with someone being underinformed. I didn't seek out Bruddah because I view him as below me. You're the one that does.

I disagreed with a comment he made (Borel's detractors should be silenced now) and provided a reason why. Then you jumped in with your lame hero routine. I'm not cracking down on anyone.

Essentially you want me to not disagree with anyone because you view me as knowledgable, seems fair, huh? Let me ask you....who am I allowed to debate with? WHo is up to my standards according to you? Aren't I allowed to express my views also, or should I be muzzled because I've put countless hours studying the game?

We get it, your ego was hurt and now you're defending the honor of others who you feel might be hurt as well. Bruddah had no problem defending his position. No one needed someone to save the day. You added nothing to the discussion....again.

danceinthemood
02-21-2011, 08:55 PM
Congratulations Calvin.Borel the Master despite late Peslier charge

OLIVIER PESLIER and Doug Watson each enjoyed their second successes of the evening as War Monger landed the final leg of the Meydan Masters, a result that ensured Calvin Borel won the jockeys' challenge.
-- http://www.racingpost.com/news/horse-racing/report-borel-the-master-despite-late-peslier-charge/820598/dubaicarnival/

Are you congratulating him for winning a noncontest on a technicality or for being last in the last leg?

PaceAdvantage
02-21-2011, 09:50 PM
And I don't need this thread turning into another Bigmack vs. Dahoss show...WTG Mr. Administrator... :bang:

thaskalos
02-22-2011, 07:51 PM
Mind your own business, or at the very least practice what you preach. This conversation had nothing to do with someone being underinformed. I didn't seek out Bruddah because I view him as below me. You're the one that does.

I disagreed with a comment he made (Borel's detractors should be silenced now) and provided a reason why. Then you jumped in with your lame hero routine. I'm not cracking down on anyone.

Essentially you want me to not disagree with anyone because you view me as knowledgable, seems fair, huh? Let me ask you....who am I allowed to debate with? WHo is up to my standards according to you? Aren't I allowed to express my views also, or should I be muzzled because I've put countless hours studying the game?

We get it, your ego was hurt and now you're defending the honor of others who you feel might be hurt as well. Bruddah had no problem defending his position. No one needed someone to save the day. You added nothing to the discussion....again.Bigmack is off base on this one Dahoss...

IMO, the more informed members of this site should be encouraged to post MORE OFTEN...they should not be "muzzled".

Tom
02-22-2011, 09:18 PM
More "informed" about what?

Seeing as Z did win HOY, I guess we can say who the "informed" ones were in that case, huh? :D

Dahoss9698
02-22-2011, 09:52 PM
More "informed" about what?

Seeing as Z did win HOY, I guess we can say who the "informed" ones were in that case, huh? :D

30 posts and counting so far today. Impressive. :ThmbUp:

Tom
02-22-2011, 11:29 PM
31. Time on your hands?

Dahoss9698
02-22-2011, 11:40 PM
31. Time on your hands?

You post non stop about nothing, but ask if I have time on my hands? :D

riskman
02-23-2011, 02:40 AM
This Soap opera here is really getting popular with the uninformed dum dums.(like me) The regularity and familiarity is such a pleasure to behold. This scene has become so predictable it is hilarious. All we need is a background theme tune that will alert us readers that a new episode is about to begin. What about The Lone Ranger Theme Song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUpDG680uew&feature=related

Now do not get upset, LIGHTEN UP!

Tom
02-23-2011, 07:41 AM
You post non stop about nothing, but ask if I have time on my hands?

1. My, that was informative.:ThmbUp:

Keep reading them and maybe this year you will have a better handle on HOY voting. My mission here is to help.

Dahoss9698
02-23-2011, 08:49 AM
1. My, that was informative.:ThmbUp:

Keep reading them and maybe this year you will have a better handle on HOY voting. My mission here is to help.

Yeah, because the HOY is the important stuff. Picking winners and cashing tickets doesn't matter. It's guessing on which horse will win a popularity contest.

Quality, not quantity. Try it. Everyone knows you are able to mash the keyboard and hit submit reply. But try posting something informative or thought provoking, just once. :ThmbUp:

Show Me the Wire
02-23-2011, 11:24 AM
Hey Mack,

Do you need that prescription back you prescribed for me :lol: :lol:

To keep on topic, Borel's performance doesn't have any impact regarding impressing his detractors.

bigmack
02-23-2011, 11:28 AM
Oh joy. Now he's on T for the volume of posts.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ldgxuz3GvT1qe0eclo1_r2_500.gif

ArlJim78
02-23-2011, 11:35 AM
Yeah, because the HOY is the important stuff.
this is a joke right? the guy who posted hundreds of times on the HOY threads is now claiming it's not important stuff?

Relwob Owner
02-23-2011, 11:39 AM
this is a joke right? the guy who posted hundreds of times on the HOY threads is now claiming it's not important stuff?

Someone had just taken a cut at him for not being informed based on his take on the HOY. He seemed to have been saying that picking winners and cashing tickets is more important in a relative sense than the HOY debate in terms of judging whether someone is informed. I agree with him there.

Dahoss9698
02-23-2011, 01:37 PM
Someone had just taken a cut at him for not being informed based on his take on the HOY. He seemed to have been saying that picking winners and cashing tickets is more important in a relative sense than the HOY debate in terms of judging whether someone is informed. I agree with him there.

Of course that is what I am saying. Jim knows it too, but he's been carrying a grudge against me for about 4 years now, so it doesn't really matter.

I'm just glad I was able to give the good ol' boys club another chance to gang up. They must not get enough of that in off topic.

What I find interesting is no one is disagreeing with the message. Just attacking the messenger. You made a pretty well thought out post to Bigmack the other day. He couldn't be bothered to respond. You know why...because you were right. But in true internet fashion, when someone proves you wrong, ignoring it is better than acknowledging it.

Cardus
02-23-2011, 02:00 PM
It's nice to see an American jockey win this type of competition because he is competing against jockeys from other countries and we like to root for our own, generally, but this is hardly worthy of a "Master" title, and does nothing either to validate his supporters or to silence his detractors.

Look at the result: Borel won by five points over the second-place jockey, who finished 10th in the first two legs that counted. It's hardly something to point to as a barometer of his place among jockeys either internationally or against American riders.

Certainly, his detractors need not alter their opinions of Borel based upon this.

By the way, nice psychobabble again, fellas.

Cardus
02-23-2011, 02:05 PM
I agree. In this ESPN age, "only thing that matters is New York and LA" age, there are plenty of capable performers in many sports who do not ply their trade on either coast.

Actually, in this "ESPN age," Borel won two awards as "Jockey of the Year" for, essentially, wins in a few high profile events. That's the "ESPN age" for you.

His record in the Derby is phenomenal, no dobut, but that didn't make him an Eclipse Award winner in either year that he was lauded by EPSN.

FenceBored
02-24-2011, 08:33 AM
It's nice to see an American jockey win this type of competition because he is competing against jockeys from other countries and we like to root for our own, generally, but this is hardly worthy of a "Master" title, and does nothing either to validate his supporters or to silence his detractors.

Look at the result: Borel won by five points over the second-place jockey, who finished 10th in the first two legs that counted. It's hardly something to point to as a barometer of his place among jockeys either internationally or against American riders.

You mean riders in a jockey contest who actually won one of the races finished higher in the standings than riders who didn't? :eek:

Cardus
02-24-2011, 12:49 PM
You mean riders in a jockey contest who actually won one of the races finished higher in the standings than riders who didn't? :eek:

No, Peslier won the third leg of the contest. He finished 10th in two other legs and nearly won the contest.

It's not exactly like Borel blew the doors off of the competition that would inspire me to post that he was a "master."

FenceBored
02-24-2011, 01:41 PM
No, Peslier won the third leg of the contest. He finished 10th in two other legs and nearly won the contest.

Exactly, Peslier won a race, therefore he finished higher than those that didn't. Duh.

Now digging deeper we see that the contest was fairly egaliltarian. In the three races whose points were counted 8 jockeys finished in the money at least once. 10 finished in the super at least once. One jockey finished in the money twice (Dettori with two 3rds). Only one other jockey finished in the super twice (Borel with a 1st and a 4th). Should two 3rds count more than a 1st? Come on, get real. Even if you adjust the points so that a 3rd is 1/2 the points of a 1st (instead of the 1/5th they seem to have used) Dettori comes in second. Calvin still wins. A 1st and a 4th were respectable for that company. Heck, as we listen to Shuback whining about how Murtagh should have won let's not forget that even using that short field 3rd leg Murtagh's top three finishes were 1-4-6 as compared to Calvin's top three finishes of 1-4-5.

It's not exactly like Borel blew the doors off of the competition that would inspire me to post that he was a "master."

Hello, McFly? It was the Meydan MASTERS Invitational. That's where the Racing Post pulled the word from. :bang:

comet52
02-25-2011, 02:57 AM
I like Calvin Borel. :)