PDA

View Full Version : did some thing stupid help

BIG HIT
02-17-2011, 06:53 PM
Hey guy's what i did was by mistake changed everything to open with pdf.Includeing brower.Now can't open anything on desk top or get online got on line by going to favorites.Tryed going to general folder option's clicked restore defults and apply did not ghange anything.
Have windows7 premium 64 bit any other idea's would be grateful

Dick Schmidt
02-17-2011, 07:27 PM
My first try is to boot into safe mode and do a reset to the most recent restore point before the stupid happened. That's what I do when I go all stupid.

Dick

"Life is tough, but its tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

JustRalph
02-17-2011, 08:01 PM
just go to

Start "Run"

Type ' Restore"

hit enter

roll it back, hit the link in upper left corner ( doing that from memory)

BIG HIT
02-17-2011, 09:13 PM
Wouldn't take got error msg system restore oxc0000022.Dick same probelm

JustRalph
02-17-2011, 09:34 PM
Start System Restore from a command prompt

You can start System Restore from a command prompt window if you can't start your computer in any mode other than safe mode with command prompt.

Start your computer in safe mode with command prompt. For more information, see Start your computer in safe mode.

At the command prompt, type rstrui.exe, and then press ENTER. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Note

If you use System Restore when the computer is in safe mode, you can't undo the restore operation. However, you can run System Restore again and choose a different restore point if one exists.

safe mode info here:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Start-your-computer-in-safe-mode

try a different restore point.......

BIG HIT
02-18-2011, 05:45 PM
Took it two geek squad 30 min later good to go thank for all your help