PDA

View Full Version : Blackbird Flight Test

punteray
02-17-2011, 05:01 PM
Those of you that have seen my Avatar may have come to the conclusion I had something to do with the "BLACKBIRD" family of airplanes. You concluded right!

There were 3 BLACKBIRD models, the first one was the A12 built for the CIA as a spy plane, the second was the YF12A, of which only 3 were built, and the last one, which was the most famous, was the SR71.

I flew flight test in the YF12a model in the early 60's, which was the only interceptor model built. It could carry 3 air to air missiles.

After the 'secrecy' was lifted I would tell my wife stories of things that happened during flight testing. She said I should write a book about them, which I did. It is an E-BOOK called "The Perils Of Pasquale". I wrote it for my kids, grandkids, and great grandkids so they would know what I did for my country. You cannot buy it but because I have enjoyed the members of this forum I wish to share the book with you.

If you are interested, send me your email address and I wil send you a copy. Please be patient if I am overwhelmed!!

Ray Scalise email address is punteray@yahoo.com

Tape Reader
02-17-2011, 05:11 PM
Wow. I'm impressed. (email address to follow)

Let's Roll
02-17-2011, 05:11 PM
Sir,
Thank you for your service to our country ! You certainly have " The Right Stuff " in my book !

PaceAdvantage
02-17-2011, 05:14 PM
Sounds like my kind of reading...can't wait to get a copy...

punteray
02-17-2011, 05:22 PM
I should have stated it will read only on PC's, not MAC's

Ray

JustRalph
02-17-2011, 08:27 PM
just sent the email

can't wait.

Dave Schwartz
02-17-2011, 10:32 PM
Ray,

Me, too.

And, I too, would like to thank you for your service to our country.

Dave