PDA

View Full Version : YONKERS THURS. 2/17

botster
02-17-2011, 11:04 AM
Much discussion here lately, but not to much commentary on what really matters.So let's see if Yonkers can award us some money for are time and effort.I was able to do the first 4 events, so without any further delay...

1st Is a terrible event.Totally unplayable.

2nd 5 STRIKING LAVEC appears a pretty live play here.Third try off the layoff,drops, and that last line was better than it looks on paper.Don't know about the odds here.

3rd 3 PETEANTART this is a key driver switch here.This is a mare that was improving with that mile a few back at Freehold.Should offer good value here.
5 JM DANCING STAR this mare has some heart to her when she is good and I believe last start was her first ever in for 10's.She was short off the rest in last and also offers good value.
7 SS DERBY GIRL is another that needed her last at Freehold in where she was driven poorly angling off the rail in deep stretch losing some ground and not being better placed.Stratton has been struggling, but did win with her here back in October.
8 SLAYLEY 25-80 winning and is extremely sharp right now.Huge effort two back against cheaper.This is a crafty outfit and Bartlett gets aboard.

4th
1 ROYAL FORTUNE put in a decent second effort in last going uncovered but may be overbet.
5 TERRA COTTA BAY looks real tough on paper and will offer little value.
7 BABES BISTRO not a fan of he driver here ,but this outfit is good and this is a key drop .Lightly raced horse was staked last year and was timed in 1:54 at Freehold.That last mile wasn't bad against better, so she can menace with an alert steer.

Hoping to be back later for some Live action...Peace and Good Fortune:) .

melman
02-17-2011, 11:52 AM
Bots I'm a pic4 guy at Yonkers. Might be worth the effort tonight.

Early pic4
R3 5-3-8-1
R4 5
R5 3-2
R6 4-3

Late pic4
R7 3-4-7
R8 2-1
R9 7-2
R10 4-2-3

Best shots for BigM contest tonight

R3 1 Mr Cole 6-1
R6 8 Florida Mac Attack 8-1

MickJ26
02-17-2011, 03:58 PM
Freudian slip with the title of the thread?

botster
02-17-2011, 06:01 PM
[QUOTE=MickJ26]Freudian slip with the title of the thread?[/QUOTE

Haven't you seen my prick4 threads?

botster
02-17-2011, 07:07 PM
5th 1 VIP FILLY was an interesting horse when he shipped to the M1 a few weeks back.Ran into a monster in last and was not bottomed chasing that one.I think her chances are good here.
3 LIL MISS NYALATION moves inside for Pena and will take mostly all the publics money.
6th Hard to look past the favorite here 3 DEFINITLY MAMIE.Not my kind of race.
7th Just can't see any value here.
8th 5 AUSTINS JON JON was better in last off the break and has been a recent claim for Horlacher.Bartlett on and ships in against a very suspect group.Showed crushing these type a few back at Monti for former connections.Not impossible.

botster
02-17-2011, 07:12 PM
Let see how they finish 1 CARSON CITY ROAD looks sounder on the track than usual.Now, or never, I suppose for their connections.I will pass.

The Bit
02-17-2011, 07:14 PM
I like the name on the 5 in the first!

botster
02-17-2011, 07:17 PM
Let see how they finish 1 CARSON CITY ROAD looks sounder on the track than usual.Now, or never, I suppose for their connections.I will pass.

Hopefully for the connections he will stay up.Passing lane horse may have been blocked.

botster
02-17-2011, 07:19 PM
I like the name on the 5 in the first!

"Now Now", remember the administrators warning.Would hate to see you get banned...:D

botster
02-17-2011, 07:22 PM
I like the 5 STRIKING LAVEC here.That leave in the first turn last out was a rough one for him.Held pretty well considering it was his second start back.The drop here could be the key.Need some value, maybe just exotics.

botster
02-17-2011, 07:30 PM
Big favorite here #4 not warming up so well.Don't know if he's one of these type that always look like that before they get on the gate.2-1 on #5 pretty poor betting event.

botster
02-17-2011, 07:37 PM
Big favorite here #4 not warming up so well.Don't know if he's one of these type that always look like that before they get on the gate.2-1 on #5 pretty poor betting event.

The favorite runs here...Sore horse.9-1 SAVER wins it.

botster
02-17-2011, 07:45 PM
I may bet here a little... 3&5 are the value.Look at the #8 getting hit early on 2-1.

botster
02-17-2011, 07:51 PM
I may bet here a little... 3&5 are the value.Look at the #8 getting hit early on 2-1.

8 horse 4-5 now.That's an underlay with this move up and the outside post.We will use in exotics,but key 3-5.

botster
02-17-2011, 08:30 PM
8 horse 4-5 now.That's an underlay with this move up and the outside post.We will use in exotics,but key 3-5.

That wa a bust...Boy did the #8 ever show the live money there.DANCING STAR just ain't the mare she used to be.

botster
02-17-2011, 08:32 PM
1 ROYAL FORTUNE jogs at a poor mutual.

botster
02-17-2011, 09:02 PM
5th Big favorite wins here.1 Could have been better.6th Favorite breaks, Chicogo horse wins tripping out.

botster
02-17-2011, 09:07 PM
I like the overlay on the 7 R ES MARY here.Sometimes a bad race on paper becomes a better one on the board.Small win/place here.

botster
02-17-2011, 09:14 PM
I like the overlay on the 7 R ES MARY here.Sometimes a bad race on paper becomes a better one on the board.Small win/place here.

Knocked down to 7-5 @ post time.Saved my money.

botster
02-17-2011, 09:24 PM
#5 Here getting knocked down too hard.#4 CYBER HALL the better value @ 9-1.Maybe a box here 4-5... w/p 4.

botster
02-17-2011, 09:33 PM
#5 Here getting knocked down too hard.#4 CYBER HALL the better value @ 9-1.Maybe a box here 4-5... w/p 4.

2 MORGAN SWEETHEART rebounds tonight.#5 breaks at terrible odds.#4 just has no kick.

Dead night again for closers.Second over continues to be worse off than the uncovered trip.

melman
02-17-2011, 09:36 PM
Hey Bots over at the 123 contest you edged me out $51 and change to $44 and change. Not bad. My two best of the six were solid with a winner off at 7-2 and a 2nd off at 7-1. Leader for first day with $75 and change. Very impressive the way there leaderboad updates so quickly.

I'm "live" after first two legs of late pic4 at Yonkers. Root for me Bots. :D

botster
02-17-2011, 09:42 PM
1 WESTERN SEDUCTION is another that needed last start.Ron Coyne is a good horseman and this one appeares ready.Short odds are tough to take again here.7 SARAHS CREEK interests me some also.Can't use the 2 at these odds and poor form these last few months.

I will box small 1-7 here. Betting the #7 small w/p.

botster
02-17-2011, 09:46 PM
Hey Bots over at the 123 contest you edged me out $51 and change to $44 and change. Not bad. My two best of the six were solid with a winner off at 7-2 and a 2nd off at 7-1. Leader for first day with $75 and change. Very impressive the way there leaderboad updates so quickly.

I'm "live" after first two legs of late pic4 at Yonkers. Root for me Bots. :D

I certainly will...We did alright over there at the Meadowlands.Most of the four winners I selected were surprisingly crushed at the windows though.I will take it not crying.

Kudos to 123, those guys do step up to the plate most of the time.

botster
02-17-2011, 09:50 PM
1 WESTERN SEDUCTION is another that needed last start.Ron Coyne is a good horseman and this one appeares ready.Short odds are tough to take again here.7 SARAHS CREEK interests me some also.Can't use the 2 at these odds and poor form these last few months.

I will box small 1-7 here. Betting the #7 small w/p.

I will invest more seriously on the #7 SARAHS CREEK in next start off this mile tonight.Hopefully finds a good spot.1 WESTERN SEDUCTION gets the trip and wins.

melman
02-17-2011, 09:55 PM
Bots---You are so right, attempting to guess the off odds at BigM or Yonkers is a tough road to hoe. Some get bet a lot more than I would have thought. Good showing. On my "b" ticket for the late pic4 at Yonkers I'm "live" with the 4 and 2. If it's a hit should be good payoff. First two legs had both winners on top at nice odds.

botster
02-17-2011, 09:58 PM
Tough 25k here...I think I will pass.

botster
02-17-2011, 10:03 PM
Bots---You are so right, attempting to guess the off odds at BigM or Yonkers is a tough road to hoe. Some get bet a lot more than I would have thought. Good showing. On my "b" ticket for the late pic4 at Yonkers I'm "live" with the 4 and 2. If it's a hit should be good payoff. First two legs had both winners on top at nice odds.

Ok...wide open here at Yonkers, so Good fortune.Horses getting clobbered at the windows @ both tracks tonight,more than usual at the M1.Only been watching Yonkers up until tonight.Hopefully a live play will come here next week.

That one in the last race might be the one???

botster
02-17-2011, 10:09 PM
Tough 25k here...I think I will pass.

Chalk romps on the frontend.Pena can go with a pacer...trotters are another story.:) .

botster
02-17-2011, 10:17 PM
30k trot...Pena trains the favorite here #1.Hopefully for his backers he looks better onthe track than his last trotting entry..hehehe.

Look at that improvement on the #5 SIR SIRO in last.Like to see that, and double digit Dube too.Not overly raced either...I have to play some here on this one 13-1!!!

botster
02-17-2011, 10:28 PM
30k trot...Pena trains the favorite here #1.Hopefully for his backers he looks better onthe track than his last trotting entry..hehehe.

Look at that improvement on the #5 SIR SIRO in last.Like to see that, and double digit Dube too.Not overly raced either...I have to play some here on this one 13-1!!!

Uncovered is a better place to be than being covered up so far with this distance change.My pick had his shot, but just could not reach.

botster
02-17-2011, 10:36 PM
Getting a bit too classy for me here...3 FAROUCH HANOVER anything improves off Bendis, and this one has been.8 SUMMER SNOW fell in love and won with this horse three back at the M1, as she was crushed at the windows.Meyer and Manzi are a good combo.

I will finish it out with a small 3-8. Lick my wounds and return next week.

Good Fortune All:) .

Hey a closer and a good mare to boot wins it... $19.80 on the exacta.

rowboat
02-19-2011, 10:13 PM
I did a piece on pandys for that nite as to how many 6-7-8 horses if they had an inside post would be contenders.I missed that horse He came from a layoff 50 -1 and then wnet on lasix won 2x as heavy odds on favorites.No matter the purse there are pigs running.I debunk every thoeory as to howto makeit better.7/8ths favor the 5/8ths no better.Give me 6 good horses at yonkers and you will have a competitive race.Look at maywwod that nite 4 4k claimers with NW written into the conditions.Thats the way to go rather than the crap NW that move u up into places u cant win.I have said they are fixing races left at yonkers left and right because they can get purses from the 3-4-5 and pay the bills of course i am full of crap.Thats why nobody comes off the rail.I have found 7 races since the switch to 1/16 th i have found 7 races where there have 3 lead changes at each qtr and 4 are suspicious.but i am from outer space

botster
02-19-2011, 11:48 PM
I did a piece on pandys for that nite as to how many 6-7-8 horses if they had an inside post would be contenders.I missed that horse He came from a layoff 50 -1 and then wnet on lasix won 2x as heavy odds on favorites.No matter the purse there are pigs running.I debunk every thoeory as to howto makeit better.7/8ths favor the 5/8ths no better.Give me 6 good horses at yonkers and you will have a competitive race.Look at maywwod that nite 4 4k claimers with NW written into the conditions.Thats the way to go rather than the crap NW that move u up into places u cant win.I have said they are fixing races left at yonkers left and right because they can get purses from the 3-4-5 and pay the bills of course i am full of crap.Thats why nobody comes off the rail.I have found 7 races since the switch to 1/16 th i have found 7 races where there have 3 lead changes at each qtr and 4 are suspicious.but i am from outer space

First of all I have rights on the word "DEBUNK"...Just Kidding.

The not "trying all out" for purse by sitting the pylons has been around forever and will always exist in harness racing.If your buried fourth on the pylons here down the back the last time, your finished, out of the two top spots almost automatically.Yonkers will not drop the claiming conditions here from 10's.They are flooded with entries as it is andthey don't want anymore horses.

Is Yonkers going to be a MUCH improved game to be wagered on? Yes,for spot bettors I believe it will.I very rarely played Yonkers with any seriousness since the 1980's. I did for a bit when they increased the purses, but I couldn't see turning a profit there after a few weeks into it.

I like the idea of sharp, price horses, now being able to leave and get position from the outside.This is a HUGE CHANGE in my opinion.Closers will do better overall when it has been "said and done".One can't expect guys making sweeping moves down the back every race in these much advantageous banked turns here at Yonkers. In the cheaper events, poor favorites will be run down in the stretch by sharper valued horses.This almost never happened here before they made the switch. The passing lane is still a huge advantage here and that will not change all that much unfortunately.

I agree with you on the ten claimers here.Even though the purses are better than most tracks most still are not legitimate 10's, and they need to right more conditions for them, so we can see more quality in those fields.I personally like the 15's to 30's here and believe they are pretty decent fields.

Peace and Good Fortune:) .