PDA

View Full Version : Obama admin to rebuke Isreal???

newtothegame
02-16-2011, 11:54 PM
And here I thought we were concerned about the middle east?
Maybe we are concerned...just not how I thought we were....
Oh well...what's one more ally under the bus...:bang:

Policy Reversal: U.S. Announces Rebuke of Israel Before the UN Security Council

Posted on February 16, 2011 at 10:39pm by
On Friday, the United States informed Arab governments that it intends to support a U.N. Security Council resolution stating that it “does not accept the legitimacy of continued Israeli settlement activity,” a move that U.S. diplomats hoped would help bypass a veto dispute over a stronger Palestinian resolution which would condemn the settlements as illegal.

But according to a report from the Turtle Bay UN blog at Foreign Policy (http://turtlebay.foreignpolicy.com/posts/2011/02/16/in_major_reversal_us_to_rebuke_israel_in_security_ council), the Palestinians rejected the American offer late Wednesday and insisted they would press for a vote on their own resolution Friday. “The decision to reject the American offer raised the prospects that the Obama administration may cast its first ever veto in the U.N. Security Council,” the report stated.

Perhaps more significant, however, the U.S. offer signaled a willingness to break with its key ally and join others in the council in condemning construction of new Israeli settlements.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/policy-reversal-u-s-announces-rebuke-of-israel-before-the-un-security-council/

Well, considering all of the problems here at home, I have maintained that we shouldnt be in others affairs. This is no different for me....Obama and his admin need to keep their nose out of it. Does he think we are some how winning brownie points with the palestinians?
Maybe Iran?
Why say anything at what I believe to be an irrelevant UN anyways?
Wouldnt abstaining be better? Just don't vote! :bang:

Tom
02-17-2011, 09:15 AM
Our govt is on the wrong side here.
If he does this, it is a no-brainer that I will support Israel and not the USA.
I am not alone.

We held the German and Japanese people accountable for their government's during WWII...looks like it is now our turn.

FUBO

PhantomOnTour
02-17-2011, 09:18 AM
But will you "support Israel" the way our Gov't has for years and years? That is, will you send them money and lots of it?
I am all about 'supporting Israel', just not financially the way we have been. It's ridiculous what we give them.

boxcar
02-17-2011, 12:29 PM
But will you "support Israel" the way our Gov't has for years and years? That is, will you send them money and lots of it?
I am all about 'supporting Israel', just not financially the way we have been. It's ridiculous what we give them.

I see. So we support them, how exactly: By sending Netanyahu a Hanukkah card every year? :rolleyes: We give Israel our moral support with mere talk, but no walk?

Boxcar

PhantomOnTour
02-17-2011, 12:34 PM
I see. So we support them, how exactly: By sending Netanyahu a Hanukkah card every year? :rolleyes: We give Israel our moral support with mere talk, but no walk?

Boxcar
I didn't say to cut them off totally, now did I? Another wrong and exaggerated inference by Boxcar...not surprising.
Tell me, do you think we give Israel too much money and weapons, not enough, or the just the right amount?

Tom
02-17-2011, 12:38 PM
I'll answer - Iran still exists.
Nowhere near enough.

Native Texan III
02-17-2011, 12:42 PM
As God's chosen people, why do they need little old us to support them for the last 64 years. Time they made up with their self made enemies and stood on their own two feet.

"As mentioned in the Book of Exodus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Exodus), the Hebrew people are God's chosen people, and from them shall come the Messiah (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messiah), or redeemer of the world. The Israelites also possess the "Word of God" and/or "Law of God" in the form of the Torah (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torah) as communicated by God to Moses" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moses)

PhantomOnTour
02-17-2011, 12:44 PM
I'll answer - Iran still exists.
Nowhere near enough.
Are you making any private contributions? i'm quite sure Israel would keep the money if you sent it....after all, Iran still exists.

boxcar
02-17-2011, 12:49 PM
I didn't say to cut them off totally, now did I? Another wrong and exaggerated inference by Boxcar...not surprising.
Tell me, do you think we give Israel too much money and weapons, not enough, or the just the right amount?

Well, the way you worded your previous post, the U.S. could stuff a Benjamin every year in that Hanukkah card and still call it support. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: This is what happens when you wax deliberately vague.

As for the our foreign aid to Israel: They are one of the very, very, very few friends we have on this planet -- so, we should listen carefully to their needs and support them anyway we can. And if the tab gets too high, we could reduce our welfare payments to numerous countries on the planet who would be our enemies in either case. And we should also cut drastically what we give the U.N. And if those cuts don't cut it (bad pun intended), then we could look domestically and reduce our welfare payments to corporations and and people. There's plenty of fat to be trimmed. So, I wouldn't sweat our aid to Israel, which is really a drop in a bucket compared to all the money we waste elsewhere.

Boxcar

PhantomOnTour
02-17-2011, 12:52 PM
Well, the way you worded your previous post, the U.S. could stuff a Benjamin every year in that Hanukkah card and still call it support. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: This is what happens when you wax deliberately vague.

As for the our foreign aid to Israel: They are one of the very, very, very few friends we have on this planet -- so, we should listen carefully to their needs and support them anyway we can. And if the tab gets too high, we could reduce our welfare payments to numerous countries on the planet who would be our enemies in either case. And we should also cut drastically what we give the U.N. And if those cuts don't cut it (bad pun intended), then we could look domestically and reduce our welfare payments to corporations and and people. There's plenty of fat to be trimmed. So, I wouldn't sweat our aid to Israel, which is really a drop in a bucket compared to all the money we waste elsewhere.

Boxcar
Nice, but do you think we give too much, not enough, or just the right amount?
I say we give them WAY too much money and weapons/military stuff. Don't have exact figs in front of me but it's a staggering sum to be sure.
Are you making any private contributions to Israel?

And are you saying we should stuff Netanyahu in a Hanukkah card? :lol:

Tom
02-17-2011, 12:56 PM
Are you making any private contributions? i'm quite sure Israel would keep the money if you sent it....after all, Iran still exists.

Yes, it is called taxes.

Tom
02-17-2011, 12:58 PM
Time they made up with their self made enemies and stood on their own two feet.

When you neighbors are nothing more than animals, it is hard to make up with them. If you recall your history, it is their stinking savage neighbors who started the wars.

PhantomOnTour
02-17-2011, 12:59 PM
Yes, it is called taxes.
But in post #6 you said, "not nearly enough". So what are you doing about that? If it's not nearly enough (and Iran still exists) why aren't you giving more?

boxcar
02-17-2011, 01:17 PM
Nice, but do you think we give too much, not enough, or just the right amount?
I say we give them WAY too much money and weapons/military stuff. Don't have exact figs in front of me but it's a staggering sum to be sure.
Are you making any private contributions to Israel?

And are you saying we should stuff Netanyahu in a Hanukkah card? :lol:

Yeah, I send the Prime Minister a Benji every year in that card. :rolleyes: And I'm sure you personally match the per capita donation the federal government makes to domestic welfare recipients? :rolleyes:

And why do you try to put words into my mouth?

Boxcar

GaryG
02-17-2011, 01:18 PM
Time they made up with their self made enemies and stood on their own two feet.
And how do you expect them to make up with savages who will be satisfied only with their destruction? The rhetoric gets curious when we have a muslim in the white house.

PhantomOnTour
02-17-2011, 01:23 PM
Yeah, I send the Prime Minister a Benji every year in that card. :rolleyes: And I'm sure you personally match the per capita donation the federal government makes to domestic welfare recipients? :rolleyes:

And why do you try to put words into my mouth?Boxcar
Say what?

Tom
02-17-2011, 01:51 PM
But in post #6 you said, "not nearly enough". So what are you doing about that? If it's not nearly enough (and Iran still exists) why aren't you giving more?

Take out is too high.

riskman
02-17-2011, 01:53 PM

Boxcar

Israel receives 2.4 billion in economic and military aid from the U.S. Afghanistan tops the list at 8.8 billion with Iraq in third place with 2.3 billion.The top five are as follows. (billions)
Afghan- 8.8
Israel- 2.4
Iraq- 2.3
Egypt- 1.8
Pakistan- 1.8
The WestBank Gaza receives 1billion but in economic aid not military. You will notice with the exception of Israel, the countries are mainly populated by Arabs/Muslims. These are Israels enemies aren't they? We certainly do play a shell game here. Cut all the foreign aid and Israel would be strengthened since the U.S. will not be in a position to dictate policy to any of these countries.
With the recent extension of the tax law the rich Jews and other supporters of Israel should have a lot of extra cash available to make private donations and charitable giving. In other words, Jews in the U.S., and non-Jewish American supporters of Israel, would be just as free as at present, to donate to this country. In fact, there is every reason to suppose that these private gifts to Israel would increase, not decrease. What say you?

PhantomOnTour
02-17-2011, 01:55 PM
Take out is too high.
You're off the hook :lol:
I agree brother.

boxcar
02-17-2011, 02:06 PM
As God's chosen people, why do they need little old us to support them for the last 64 years. Time they made up with their self made enemies and stood on their own two feet.

"As mentioned in the Book of Exodus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Exodus), the Hebrew people are God's chosen people, and from them shall come the Messiah (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messiah), or redeemer of the world. The Israelites also possess the "Word of God" and/or "Law of God" in the form of the Torah (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torah) as communicated by God to Moses" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moses)

Yes...you would do well to remember that! However, you also alluded to things in the OT which have no bearing upon the issue. Instead, you should read Numbers chapters 22 and 23 and Balak's encounter with Balaam Balak wanted Balaam to curse Israel, and that didn't go over very well with the Lord. Curses upon Israel are reserved strictly for the Lord, for Israel are his people. (And to be sure, Israel has been punished for her sins throughout her history.)

And you err, not knowing how God works in history. We are talking about theism here. God, throughout human history has used secondary means (humans) to accomplish his divine ends. For example, God's elect in both the OT and NT were foreknown in eternity past by God -- all the elect's names were written in the Book of Life from the foundation of the world. Yet, God has consistently used people to bring others into his kingdom. Even in the NT church, Christ commanded his disciples to go out in the world and make disciples of all men.

Believe me, you don't want to be on the wrong side of these issues. Do not be like Balaam and think that you can curse God's people either directly or even implicitly by thinking that you can remain neutral in these important moral matters by just sitting on the pool's edge, as it were, and watching someone drown -- and then claim you didn't have a hand in that person's death.

Having said, this, however, I do not believe that Israel, as a nation, enjoys God's favored status today. Under the New Covenant, God's chosen "nation" is his Church (1Pet 2:9)! However, NT scripture also teaches that Jews (i.e. "individuals') would be grafted back into the olive tree since they are the "natural branches", providing, of course, they exercise faith in their Messiah. Paul teaches that a "partial hardening" has happened to Israel until the "fullness of the Gentiles" has come and assures his readers that "all Israel" will be saved. Now here's the kicker in this large passage: Even though at the time he wrote his epistle to the Romans and most Jews were unbelievers, he nonetheless still called them God's beloved "for the sake of the fathers". (Rom 11:1ff) (What this last phrase means is that God is faithful and will make good on his covenant promises to "the fathers:, e.g. Abraham, Issac and Jacob.) Therefore, my support of the nation of Israel is for the sake of the elect within her borders -- even those who haven't come to believe in their Messiah as of yet. I have a tough time withdrawing my support for the nation, while simultaneously praying for the salvation of God's elect with Israel's borders.

Boxcar

fast4522
02-17-2011, 05:40 PM
I feel Israel is our brother in arms, to be honest I took sides many years before 9/11. It is unfortunate our President with his family spent 20 plus years with Rev. Jeremiah Wright Jr. at church, so why would anyone think Israel could get a fair shake from our birth certificate carrying commander and chief?

boxcar
02-17-2011, 07:44 PM
I feel Israel is our brother in arms, to be honest I took sides many years before 9/11. It is unfortunate our President with his family spent 20 plus years with Rev. Jeremiah Wright Jr. at church, so why would anyone think Israel could get a fair shake from our birth certificate carrying commander and chief?

Excellent point. Black Liberation Theology is anything but kind to Jews.

Boxcar

TJDave
02-17-2011, 09:05 PM
Time they made up with their self made enemies...

I guess if there weren't any Jews, then they wouldn't have any enemies.

Hitler almost solved that problem. :rolleyes:

Tom
02-17-2011, 10:14 PM
Hitler almost did, yes.

And let us never forget who was in bed with the Nazis and still live in hood today.

The Judge
02-18-2011, 11:14 AM
if someone could just get them to be satisfied with the money and military aid and slow down with spying and stealing of military secrets.

U.S gives them just about every weapon they ask for. What's with all the spying on your friend and benefactor?

boxcar
02-18-2011, 12:02 PM
if someone could just get them to be satisfied with the money and military aid and slow down with spying and stealing of military secrets.

U.S gives them just about every weapon they ask for. What's with all the spying on your friend and benefactor?

Because unlike blind sheeple like yourself, Israel has a healthy mistrust of everyone. And with BO at the helm, who can possibly blame them? :rolleyes:

Boxcar

The Judge
02-18-2011, 12:41 PM
Israel has been spying on the U.S long before Obama came into office. No matter how much they mistrust their benefactor it's illegal.

It should be clear even to blind sheeple such as yourself that what Israel doing against the U. S is wrong and should stop.

boxcar
02-18-2011, 12:55 PM
Israel has been spying on the U.S long before Obama came into office. No matter how much they mistrust their benefactor it's illegal.

It should be clear even to blind sheeple such as yourself that what Israel doing against the U. S is wrong and should stop.

Where were you when China, Clinton's watch, stole tons of secrets from us?

And get real already. Everyone spies on everyone. It's the way the world is. No one trusts anyone. Can you blame them? When I hear you complain about all the U.S. spies we have across the globe, I might take you seriously.

Boxcar

Tom
02-18-2011, 01:09 PM

We do it. It is called survival.
Trust no one. Ever.

I applaud Israel for having the guts to do what they think is needed.
Even it is us they are not trusting.
I don't trust us, either.

The Judge
02-18-2011, 01:36 PM
It's O.K with Boxcar and Tom for Israel to spy on the U.S. because they don't trust the U.S government. It makes no difference who is in power or how much the country assists them.

Everybody does it? Really, would that include Britain , Ireland,Australia , Sweden, Finland,Japan,Nigeria,Canada,Argentina, there must be a few hundred other allies that we don't give a dime to that wouldn't dream of such action, but hey, that's just me.

Tom
02-18-2011, 01:50 PM
Maybe they just aren't capable of spying.
Maybe we should be fining out where our soft spots are and plug them up.

But why should anyone trust us?

Kennedy hung the Cubans out to dry,
Bush 41 hung the Iraqi's out to dry.

We have a history of failing to support those we made promises to, and it is both parties. Maybe WE need to learn what commitment means.

boxcar
02-18-2011, 01:51 PM
It's O.K with Boxcar and Tom for Israel to spy on the U.S. because they don't trust the U.S government. It makes no difference who is in power or how much the country assists them.

When did the U.S. become this great paragon of virtue? I don't trust my government. Neither did the FF trust government is why they drafted a Constitution that was designed to LIMIT the power of government, and drafted the Bill of Rights which enumerated The People's power/rights.

Everybody does it? Really, would that include Britain , Ireland,Australia , Sweden, Finland,Japan,Nigeria,Canada,Argentina, there must be a few hundred other allies that we don't give a dime to that wouldn't dream of such action, but hey, that's just me.

Probably so. Everyone in the world has BO's number. Just ask the average Egyptian on the street. :D Right now, I doubt any head of state trusts this administration -- maybe Cuba, maybe Venezuela, North Korea -- maybe.

Boxcar

The Judge
02-18-2011, 06:48 PM
well , I guess by now they have run across documents that shows what a over-sized American Flags flying from a American Navy ship look like.

Are all the other countries spying on the U.S or not? If they aren't why is Israel?If they are why aren't they getting caught at near the same rate as Israel?

You can have the last word, You always do.

boxcar
02-18-2011, 07:30 PM
well , I guess by now they have run across documents that shows what a over-sized American Flags flying from a American Navy ship look like.

Are all the other countries spying on the U.S or not? If they aren't why is Israel?If they are why aren't they getting caught at near the same rate as Israel?

You can have the last word, You always do.

But you didn't answer my question either. Who is the U.S. spying on?

Why does Israel spy on the U.S.? Because they have virtually no allies in this world. Heck...many of their "own" people [by birth] are anti-Israel! In such a hostile global environment, Israel doesn't have the luxury of trusting anyone implicitly.

Boxcar

Light
02-18-2011, 09:29 PM
News:

U.S. vetoes U.N. draft condemning Israeli settlements

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110219/pl_nm/us_palestinians_israel

Keep dreaming that Obama is your enemy. He is your Bushmate.

boxcar
02-18-2011, 09:57 PM
News:

U.S. vetoes U.N. draft condemning Israeli settlements

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110219/pl_nm/us_palestinians_israel

Keep dreaming that Obama is your enemy. He is your Bushmate.

The only one dreaming is you. BO was caught between a rock and hard place. The Rock was that he didn't want want to veto the resolution. But the reality of the Hard Place set in -- the 2012 elections and most Jews are Democrats and donate big. He bit his tongue really hard and acted in a manner that was self-serving.

Boxcar

Light
02-18-2011, 11:14 PM
As I've said repeatedly, a U.S. president cannot change U.S. foreign policy according to his personal preferences, especially regarding Israel.

bigmack
02-19-2011, 12:17 AM
As I've said repeatedly, a U.S. president cannot change U.S. foreign policy according to his personal preferences, especially regarding Israel.
Can you dig a world where Helen Thomas would be Sec o' State? Hell, even ElPresidente'.

Light
02-19-2011, 01:44 AM
I don't think Helen Thomas will be running for office. And if she was in office by a utopian fantasy she couldn't do squat on bending Israel.

Once again for the hearing impaired: No one person changes U.S. foreign policy especially with regard to Israel.

Israel is not a foreign policy affair. It is an integral U.S. affair. It is as close to the 51st state as you can get without being one.

bigmack
02-19-2011, 01:53 AM
Israel is not a foreign policy affair. It is an integral U.S. affair. It is as close to the 51st state as you can get without being one.
So it is written in stone. Iz & the US are tied at the hip.

Is that your only point?

boxcar
02-19-2011, 10:00 AM
I don't think Helen Thomas will be running for office. And if she was in office by a utopian fantasy she couldn't do squat on bending Israel.

Once again for the hearing impaired: No one person changes U.S. foreign policy especially with regard to Israel.

And here I thought all this time Puerto Rico was. :eek: :eek:

Boxcar

Tom
02-19-2011, 10:39 AM

Correction - the 58th state.

boxcar
02-19-2011, 05:27 PM
Correction - the 58th state.

59th if you toss in Mexico. For all practical intent and purposes the border between our two countries doesn't mean very much. And they're a lot closer than Israel, too. And there's probably more illegals here than Jews. :rolleyes:

Boxcar