PDA

View Full Version : Reporter speaks gibberish

ArlJim78
02-16-2011, 01:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJ4shANmIN8&feature=related
this has been out for a few days now, a live report from the grammies goes awry. the embedding is disabled so you have to watch on utube.

When I originally saw it the heading said something like "Reporter flubs lines". On my first viewing I could see it was more than a flub. Next I thought that she had to be tipsy, but on further viewings it was obvious that she was not tipsy, and that something very strange happened.

I still have not heard an adequate explanation. Some are speculating about an on air stroke. I don't know, but I'm curious. It appears like she had a temporary event of some kind which caused a brain disconnect, something was out of sync. I feel sorry for her watching it because you can see her eyes shooting around and a frightened look, and knowing this was live had to make it terrifying.

FantasticDan
02-16-2011, 01:34 PM
Fortunately, she seems fine now..

http://aquapour.com/grammy-reporter-serene-branson-fine/556054/

johnhannibalsmith
02-16-2011, 01:35 PM
I still have not heard an adequate explanation. Some are speculating about an on air stroke. I don't know, but I'm curious. It appears like she had a temporary event of some kind which caused a brain disconnect, something was out of sync. I feel sorry for her watching it because you can see her eyes shooting around and a frightened look, and knowing this was live had to make it terrifying.

I read about this yesterday and moments later, there was a news story on television featuring a woman who had a similar episode while on-set at a local affiliate station. In the latter's case, she had basically had a mild seizure and said that she knew somewhere in her head what was happening and just kept making noises hoping that they made sense.

Functional on the inside, goofy on the outside.

All I could think about... I better go see a Doc.

JustRalph
02-16-2011, 02:29 PM
A very very similar thing happen to my father once. We were playing the ponies and watching TVG at the time.

I took him straight to the E.R (ten minute ride) where he had a seizure within five minutes of our arrival.

A scan a few hours later revealed a brain tumor

This will probably end up being one hell of a good instructional video

Tom
02-16-2011, 02:47 PM
I saw that live on TV.
I thought I was watching MSNBC.

TJDave
02-16-2011, 03:29 PM
Can't and won't watch it. I emphasize with public embarrassment regardless of circumstance of whether I like the person, or not. Weird that way, I guess.

I hope she fully recovers.

Marshall Bennett
02-16-2011, 07:02 PM
My dad had a simular episode. Turned out to be low suger. Medication he was taking was overreacting. Nothing to joke about, could happen to any of us for whatever reason.

Market Mover
02-17-2011, 05:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJ4shANmIN8&feature=related
this has been out for a few days now, a live report from the grammies goes awry. the embedding is disabled so you have to watch on utube.

When I originally saw it the heading said something like "Reporter flubs lines". On my first viewing I could see it was more than a flub. Next I thought that she had to be tipsy, but on further viewings it was obvious that she was not tipsy, and that something very strange happened.

Possible TIA. She will require a full neuro-workup...

ArlJim78
02-17-2011, 09:32 PM
Her doctor is calling it a complex migraine (http://www.latimes.com/news/la-heb-branson-episode-20110217,0,4654137.story)

BlueShoe
02-18-2011, 12:27 PM
Just aired on Fox was the confirmation that it was a complex migraine, not a stroke. The report stated that her mother had experienced similar symptoms as a young woman, so heredity may have played a part. She is expected to make a full recovery, but no word yet as to when she will return to work at KCBS Los Angeles.