PDA

View Full Version : IRS begins to beef up

ArlJim78
02-15-2011, 10:04 PM
the healthcare act is creating an array of exciting new job opportunities, at the IRS.

new IRS army (http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/washington-whispers/2011/02/15/healthcare-reform-law-requires-new-irs-army-of-1054)

some of the highlights from the link;

new agents needed just for the initial ramp up of Obamacare, 1,054

cost to taxpayers for these new people and their new facilties? $350 million just for 2012

included in the above, 81 people simply to followup on the new tax on tanning beds.

what does the future hold? much more of the same.

In its request, the IRS explained that the tax changes associated with health reform are huge. "Implementation of the Affordable Care Act of 2010 presents a major challenge to the IRS. ACA represents the largest set of tax law changes in more than 20 years, with more than 40 provisions that amend the tax laws."

Winning the Future - One tax at a time

ElKabong
02-16-2011, 12:48 AM
A new army of Obama soldiers to shake down those who can't pay for the health care tax.....Lovely

In 2007-8 he was railing on Cheney and W for treatment of terrorist prisoners at Getmo. Now he's going to have IRS agents shake down the poor and folks down on their luck. Wonderful.

newtothegame
02-16-2011, 01:11 AM
"Hope and ( I want every last dime of your ) Change" lol

johnhannibalsmith
02-16-2011, 01:45 AM
A new army of Obama soldiers to shake down those who can't pay for the health care tax.....Lovely

The unfortunate part is that its probably unfair to call them Obama soldiers. I have my suspicions that once this stage of the larvae emerges from the coccoon, it will have taken flight much to the approval of politico at large.

I loved the flow chart that someone posted demonstrating all of the new government that will be created under the bill. Constitutional at large or not, Democrat or Republican, I'll be shocked and awed if government cuts off a single nosehair, despite our fates.

ElKabong
02-17-2011, 12:24 AM
JHS,

While I agree that both repubs and dems will delight in having the agency at their fingertips for their own discretional powers, this healthscare bill bullshit has Obama's / Pelosi's / Reid's prints all over it. Repubs fought it hard all the way (publicly)

But to further your point, it wouldn't surprise me if Repub leaders were high fivin' and laughing their asses off at Obama and the 2010 dems after the passage of said Bill....The dems did ALL the dirty work for the insurance companies, & the repubs will have that pile of taxpayer cash at their mercy in 2 years

Tom
02-17-2011, 07:35 AM
The return of the SA?

BlueShoe
02-17-2011, 09:46 AM
The return of the SA?
You beat me to it in mentioning this. Have used this analogy often ever since BO came to power. He has studied history, and history does repeat itself. His first idea was the "Civil Defense Force", but that one did not fly, at least not yet. The names, uniforms, and outward purpose may change, but the idea remains the same; government power over the people. So now we are going to get the new Sturmabteilung, a modern version of the dreaded SA Brownshirts, the organization that brought Adolph Hitler to power. Have to wonder who Obama will pick to head it, the new Ernst Rohm. Sieg Heil! anyone?

Steve 'StatMan'
02-17-2011, 10:04 AM
You beat me to it in mentioning this. Have used this analogy often ever since BO came to power. He has studied history, and history does repeat itself. His first idea was the "Civil Defense Force", but that one did not fly, at least not yet. The names, uniforms, and outward purpose may change, but the idea remains the same; government power over the people. So now we are going to get the new Sturmabteilung, a modern version of the dreaded SA Brownshirts, the organization that brought Adolph Hitler to power. Have to wonder who Obama will pick to head it, the new Ernst Rohm. Sieg Heil! anyone?

[/Peter Lorre On]One might say, paying your taxes will be good for your health. Heh Heh. Heh Heh Heh Heh. [/Peter Lorre Off]

Robert Goren
02-17-2011, 10:20 AM
You guys remind me of my freshman year in college when we discussed politics and religion in our dorm rooms until 3 AM while downing a fifth of lime flavored vodka or sloe gin on a saturday night because we couldn't get a date.

johnhannibalsmith
02-17-2011, 10:26 AM
... while downing a fifth of lime flavored vodka or sloe gin ...

Aha...sooo... thhaaatt's what happened to the missing word.

:D