PDA

View Full Version : Acting Happy 3GP on Weds 02/16/11

Market Mover
02-15-2011, 05:37 PM
And here lies another of the infamous bet-against-first-race-back-from-the-BC angle...

Dutrow wins at 34% in this type of comeback, but does he have this 4 yr old filly ready in this compact field?

But if you take into consideration the rest of the bunch, it's a field lacking much speed and this favorite may assume a clear lead unless Leparoux decides to send like they did when she went :46 at the Spa...

Stillriledup
02-15-2011, 06:01 PM
I just looked at the field on paper, boy, this looks like a weak group....if she can run an 80 Beyer, she ought to be able to win.

This is the type of horse i like to bet against at short odds, but there's nothing really in here to sink your teeth into. Maybe the Zito mare is the other horse, but even she leaves a lot to be desired current-form wise.

I would skip this race unless the favorite looks 'bad' in the warmups, otherwise, i'd just watch.

Spiderman
02-15-2011, 06:05 PM
And here lies another of the infamous bet-against-first-race-back-from-the-BC angle...

Dutrow wins at 34% in this type of comeback, but does he have this 4 yr old filly ready in this compact field?

But if you take into consideration the rest of the bunch, it's a field lacking much speed and this favorite may assume a clear lead unless Leparoux decides to send like they did when she went :46 at the Spa...

Are we reading same horse's pps? Acting Happy ran twice at Spa; she was racing 2nd at a 48 1/5 half on 7/24 and 2nd at 49 2/5th half on 8/21. Blinkers were added for BC race, but did not produce a noticeable speed improvement - she was 2 lengths off a :49 half. The three month layoff, going 2-turns and being ml favorite has me looking elsewhere.

The 'bet-against-first-race-back-from-the-BC angle' - OK, I'm in.

Cholly
02-15-2011, 06:19 PM
Anyone else think it odd that R. Dominguez is making the trip down to ride this N2X allowance? It can't be for the money, as he's giving up mounts on pretty much sure things in a couple of AQ races with bigger purses. And the only other ride he picked up at GP is a cheap claimer for Dutrow...hmm?

Charlie D
02-15-2011, 09:16 PM
Are we reading same horse's pps? Acting Happy ran twice at Spa; she was racing 2nd at a 48 1/5 half on 7/24 and 2nd at 49 2/5th half on 8/21. Blinkers were added for BC race, but did not produce a noticeable speed improvement - she was 2 lengths off a :49 half. The three month layoff, going 2-turns and being ml favorite has me looking elsewhere.

The 'bet-against-first-race-back-from-the-BC angle' - OK, I'm in.

Think MM ( 46 at Spa comment) is refering to Film Charm and it's run at Spa on July 30th 2010 Spiderman

Market Mover
02-15-2011, 09:21 PM
Think MM is refering to Film Charm and it's run at Spa Spiderman.

Good call Charlie D. Im thinking paceless race, short field, some funny business with these jockeys probably early on. Leparoux atop Film Charm can dictate terms early if he so chooses. Does anyone else see an alternate pace setup?

Charlie D
02-15-2011, 09:24 PM
I'd be little worried about 9 panels, but at ML 6-1 i'd have a few bucks on Film Charm.

Spiderman
02-16-2011, 07:00 AM
Think MM ( 46 at Spa comment) is refering to Film Charm and it's run at Spa on July 30th 2010 Spiderman
I sit, corrected. Read the post too fast and assumed it was all about Acting Happy.

Market Mover
02-16-2011, 01:56 PM
I sit, corrected. Read the post too fast and assumed it was all about Acting Happy.

5k to show on Acting Happy, but the 1 horse has more to place on her than Acting Happy's place totals..

Market Mover
02-16-2011, 01:59 PM
5k to show on Acting Happy, but the 1 horse has more to place on her than Acting Happy's place totals..

and there is the plunge, 56K to show on the chalk

mannyberrios
02-16-2011, 02:04 PM
[QUOTE=Market Mover]and there is the plunge, 56K to show on the chalk[/QUOTE acting happy came in second

onefast99
02-16-2011, 02:09 PM
Thank RD for keeping that horse to the task, another rider may have quit riding her in the stretch.

Market Mover
02-16-2011, 02:17 PM
Thank RD for keeping that horse to the task, another rider may have quit riding her in the stretch.

She ran a fairly decent race for comeback. Easy early pacesetters hung around late, and Rajiv kept the rail horse going for a nice win. Ya don't see too many horses with Breeders Bonus listed as the broodmare sire...

I was more discouraged by the run by Film Charm. Perfect trip, Leparoux snuck up to leaders, angled out, and this one flattened terribly. Probably at best a miler...wants to part of that extra eighth...

Stillriledup
02-16-2011, 02:22 PM
I made a bunch of show bets against her, she wasnt very good. she also wings her left leg quite badly, this is not a horse i would bet back with the theory that she 'needed' this race and will be better next time. This was a bad field and she was lucky to hit the board with a nice stalking trip/slow pace.

If she can't beat these, i'm not sure who she can beat.

Also, i dont think she is a huge fan of those blinkers, i'm not sure why she's even wearing them. She won a G2 and placed in G1s without them, seems odd they would add them.

toussaud
02-16-2011, 03:31 PM
I made a bunch of show bets against her, she wasnt very good. she also wings her left leg quite badly, this is not a horse i would bet back with the theory that she 'needed' this race and will be better next time. This was a bad field and she was lucky to hit the board with a nice stalking trip/slow pace.

Also, i dont think she is a huge fan of those blinkers, i'm not sure why she's even wearing them. She won a G2 and placed in G1s without them, seems odd they would add them.
Honestly I just don't think she is that good. That grade 2 she won at Pimlico was down right horrible. A grade 2 in name only. Outside of devil may care, name one horse worth a crap she ran against? I think the best horse won today.

Market Mover
02-16-2011, 05:14 PM

Agreed. Maybe Ramon came down south simply for a lil vacation...he wanted some sun...

Market Mover
02-16-2011, 05:18 PM
Honestly I just don't think she is that good. That grade 2 she won at Pimlico was down right horrible. A grade 2 in name only. Outside of devil may care, name one horse worth a crap she ran against? I think the best horse won today.

I noted that G2 Black Eyed Susan was not very strong. This once-equivalent-to-the-KY-Oaks in terms of prestige has gone south...I remember there was a spill of sorts that knocked out a couple of contenders for Acting Happy in that race last year....

She had every chance in a paceless race, but got tired towards the end. The winner was grinding away...

point given
02-16-2011, 05:35 PM
Agreed. Maybe Ramon came down south simply for a lil vacation...he wanted some sun...

I think he has a couple at FG this weekend too. But he's listed on 7 tomorrow at Aq.