PDA

View Full Version : Dave Schwartz - Free Videos

Dave Schwartz
02-15-2011, 12:11 PM
I started this thread for those of you looking for links to some of the free videos on my new site.

First, here is the site:
http://thehorsehandicappingauthority.com/

If you haven't signed up yet, please do so. Make sure that you sign up for the free "PA Gold" membership. It requires your PA handle but has a more benefits than the regular "Silver" membership.

These videos are MP4 files.

1. Right-click on the file and select "save" or "save as" to download it.

2. Save it to your desktop or some other place where you can find it.

3. To play the file, just "open" it.

4. If you have any problems playing these videos, simply download the free VLC player from this link:
http://vlcplayerdownload.org/

Dave Schwartz
02-15-2011, 12:16 PM
This is the Randy Giles video interview from December, 2010. In this video he describes his Pace Appraiser website and software. I ask lots of clarification questions.

Running Time 1hr 11min

http://www.practicalhandicapping.com/desktop/package/HHcpA/

Dave Schwartz
02-15-2011, 12:20 PM
This video, recorded from a "remote" at Horsemen's Park in 2010, is about which pacelines or speed ratings are most important based upon type of race.

Running Time: 17min

http://www.practicalhandicapping.com/desktop/package/Videos/Horsemen'sPark-2010/

lamboguy
02-15-2011, 03:49 PM
dave, i have never seen a more enthusiastic guy about the business of race horse handicapping than yourself. i kind of think you would do all this for no money if you had to. i just watched your video about 3 yo's vs older and i can tell you that i knew that 40 years ago, but most people don't. it works the best in conditon races very well. the only caveat i want to point out is sometimes you get alowance races 1x and the 3 yo will only have 1 win and the older horse has 2 or more. i have to give the edge to horse with more wins in that case.

good luck and i hope you turn the racing game into a winner like you did with blackjack

Dave Schwartz
02-15-2011, 06:06 PM
That would be me - Mr. Enthusiastic!

And why shouldn't I be? I am living the dream! I get to play at my work.

Granted, I admit to being overworked and underplayed at times, but it is all fun.

thaskalos
02-16-2011, 11:02 PM
Mr. Schwartz,

I was just wondering...what criteria must a handicapper meet in order to be enshrined into the "Handicapper's Hall Of Fame"?

I noticed that Dick Mitchell and William Quirin are in...but Tom Ainslie and James Quinn are conspicuously absent.

Dave Schwartz
02-16-2011, 11:31 PM
They are only absent because I have not gotten around to adding them.

I've got a lot more to add - certainly Mitchell, Quirin, Fred Davis, Henry Kuck, Davidowitz - it is a long list.

Now that I think of it, I did write the Mitchell one already. Wonder why it doesn't show?

Tom
02-18-2011, 03:04 PM
OK, I've looked everywhere...where are the videos on the web site?
I can only find one, a Part 2 video.

Dave Schwartz
02-18-2011, 05:33 PM
Home page, lower-right corner. They need to be retitled but the links work.

thaskalos
03-03-2011, 01:32 AM
Hi Dave,

I just watched your free video on "How good are the public choices"...and I have a question...

In the video, you note that there was an increase in the winning percentages of the short priced horses in the year 2010, when compared to those choices of the year 2002...and you attribute that increase to the new handicapping technology, and to the arrival of the "whales"...with special emphasis placed on the whales. You neglected to mention what I consider to be the main reason for those increasing winning percentages...the arrival of the shorter fields.

Sure enough, later on in the video, you take a look at the 6, the 8, and the 10-horse fields exclusively - for the year 2010, and, not suprisingly, it is revealed that the percentages of the winning favorites steadily increase...in accordance with the size of the field. 33.5% for the 10-horse fields, 37% for the 8-horse fields, and 40% for the 6-horse fields. But you fail to compare those particular field-size results with the corresponding field-sizes from 2002...so we could decide if the winning percentage difference is indeed attributable to the "whales"...or is it because of the shorter fields.

Am I wrong in thinking that today's smaller fields are the main reason for the increased success of the betting favorites?

Dave Schwartz
03-03-2011, 02:15 AM
Am I wrong in thinking that today's smaller fields are the main reason for the increased success of the betting favorites?

Yes, you are wrong.

The win pct of favorites in 8-horse fields has risen significantly in the last 10 years.

Actually, average field size has not dropped as much as you might think - perhaps .5 horses per race.

Dave

PS: That video page finally has its own heading on the main menu: Improving Your Game.

thaskalos
03-03-2011, 02:50 AM
Thanks for the info...I much appreciate it.