PDA

View Full Version : BO turns a cold shoulder

cj's dad
02-15-2011, 07:42 AM
Not only is BO not buying a house for the Florida lady, but now he is freezing out the poorest among us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P36x8rTb3jI

EXCLUSIVE: White House to Cut Energy Assistance for the Poor

Budget proposal would cut billions from aid program.

From the article:

Sen. Jeanne Shaheen, D-N.H., declared: “The President’s reported proposal to drastically slash LIHEAP funds by more than half would have a severe impact on many of New Hampshire’s most vulnerable citizens and I strongly oppose it." A spokesman for Rep. Edward Markey, D-Mass., declared similarly: “If these cuts are real, it would be a very disappointing development for millions of families still struggling through a harsh winter.”

More here:

http://nationaljournal.com/whitehouse/exclusive-obama-to-cut-energy-assistance-for-the-poor-20110209

(http://nationaljournal.com/whitehouse/exclusive-obama-to-cut-energy-assistance-for-the-poor-20110209)

HUSKER55
02-15-2011, 08:26 AM
they can make payments like everyone else.

Course if you don't have a job then that becomes a problem.

that issue is on page 2637 line 44 sub paragraph 19 article 14 line......

BO has put it on the table and he is about to be emasculated.

this ought to be interesting. Just when you think you have been screwed every way possible here comes the government.:D

Our government has way, way too many people on the payroll. Let him fix that.

jognlope
02-15-2011, 10:19 AM
There goes HEAP. Talked to my cousin. She lives in a trailer park outside Palm Beach, sounds really nice! Meanwhile, govt giving subsidies to oil companies. I'm surprised about any cuts to poor, how will Obama defend it or if it was snuck in by someone else.

johnhannibalsmith
02-15-2011, 11:03 AM
... how will Obama defend it or if it was snuck in by someone else.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"The torture, (aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh), the torture, (ooooaaahhhhh), the torture never...."

cj's dad
02-15-2011, 11:18 AM
There goes HEAP. Talked to my cousin. She lives in a trailer park outside Palm Beach, sounds really nice! Meanwhile, govt giving subsidies to oil companies. I'm surprised about any cuts to poor, how will Obama defend it or if it was snuck in by someone else.

Did you even bother to read the OP or the attached article ?

Snuck in ???

It's the Presidents Budget proposal !

jognlope
02-15-2011, 11:58 AM
Just thought his budget director did most of the work and Obama signed off... wow that's a really foreign idea. I must be mad!!! Oh no SCREW THE WENCH!!! Well we all have to tighten our belts, but oil companies and National Greed (our nickname for Natl Grid, heat/util company here) will go on and charge whatever they wish and govt help to do so.

boxcar
02-15-2011, 12:03 PM
Just thought his budget director did most of the work and Obama signed off... wow that's a really foreign idea. I must be mad!!! Oh no SCREW THE WENCH!!! Well we all have to tighten our belts, but oil companies and National Greed (our nickname for Natl Grid, heat/util company here) will go on and charge whatever they wish and govt help to do so.

If BO signed off on it, then the buck stops with him. Oh wait...on the other hand, maybe the WH has adopted Congress' procedure of reading bills after they're passed into law. Maybe he figures he can only find out what's in the budget after he signs it? Just an educated guess...

Boxcar

newtothegame
02-15-2011, 07:10 PM
Yeah I posted this in another thread the other day....
Sad sad...and here people like Jog thought this guy was gonna save them from big greedy oil companies...:bang:
Hell B.O is out for HIMSELF and the left wing agenda.....
It doesnt help the poor who voted for him. They are fooling themselves if they think it does.
Forclosures ...UP
gas prices ...UP
Clothing prices...UP
Food prices...SKYROCKETTING
Now cutting heat help to the poor....
Yeah...real nice guy there!!!

newtothegame
02-15-2011, 07:11 PM
And then people have the nerve to ask or insinuate because the markets are recovering that BO is some type of savior......
Hell I guess the markets are gonna climb.....
With the rising cost of goods...that people MUST buy.....companies will make more money....its COMMON FREAKING MATH!! lol

boxcar
02-15-2011, 08:23 PM
Yeah I posted this in another thread the other day....
Sad sad...and here people like Jog thought this guy was gonna save them from big greedy oil companies...:bang:
Hell B.O is out for HIMSELF and the left wing agenda.....
It doesnt help the poor who voted for him. They are fooling themselves if they think it does.
Forclosures ...UP
gas prices ...UP
Clothing prices...UP
Food prices...SKYROCKETTING
Now cutting heat help to the poor....
Yeah...real nice guy there!!!

BO is about the "little people" about as much as ObamaCare has to do with health care. :D

Boxcar

ElKabong
02-15-2011, 08:34 PM
JR posted after BHO was elected that the poor would suffer from his policies more than anyone. Most of us conservatives agreed, now everyone can see it.

newtothegame
02-15-2011, 09:31 PM
JR posted after BHO was elected that the poor would suffer from his policies more than anyone. Most of us conservatives agreed, now everyone can see it.
As much as i agree with ya Elk....there will still be some of these poor sob's who will be told its the "rights" fault. And they will buy it hook line and sinker!
"not only was it bush's fault, BO had to implement more of it due to those policies".... lol

ElKabong
02-16-2011, 12:39 AM
NTG,

You're right

I was going to post a few more paragraphs about how it really is all about The Laundry (party) for liberals. Put a D by a name, they're usually in.

The parallels to Obama (2008-11)and Clinton (1992-2000) are really coming in now.

Both ran as Rock Star, young candidates.
Both ran as protectors of the poor and downtroden
Both were called "the first black president" by their adoring backers
(Condi or Allen West will be the first, imo)

But, both f'd up their first 24 months in office by ramroding an agenda America wasn't keen on....Once their advisors told them they need to CHANGE their political direction, they do so on a dime and leave the people that put them in the WH in the ditch.

With Clinton, he was always "the first black president" or some great leader to Dems until his wife ran vs B Hussein Obama. All of a sudden in 2008, with him campaigning for Hilary against Obama, the dems turn on Clinton for being a "repub in dem clothing", etc....

You watch, the same will happen to Obama in 14 yrs or so when the next dem prez is elected. Right now they love him. They have no choice, they'd rather eat shit than admit Obama is doing what he's doing (shitting on the poor now that he doesn't need them). But the next Rock Star candidate that comes along, one with an empty head but a bright smile and can read a teleprompter, they'll ditch Obama and proclain the new Rock Star as the real deal

Obama's completely over his head. I think he's surprised how tough the job is....but he's going to ride this out as long as possible to get all the goodies from expensive suits, then take his loot and go

Expect more NAFTA and repeals of Glass-Steagal type moves in the next term.....Obama has connections to sew up :) And that has to chap dems to no end

NJ Stinks
02-16-2011, 01:47 AM
As much as i agree with ya Elk....there will still be some of these poor sob's who will be told its the "rights" fault. And they will buy it hook line and sinker!
"not only was it bush's fault, BO had to implement more of it due to those policies".... lol

It's so heart-warming to see the right scoff at Obama for abandoning LIHEAP. After all, there is nothing better than seeing Obama dump on "his people".

And then Newtothegame, at his Pontius Pilate best, says "these poor sob's who will be told its the "rights" fault."

Who insisted on extending the Bush tax cuts last year? Who is not insisting on fully funding LIHEAP this year? Why would anyone see a connection between these two actions?

Republicans at their patriotic best:

Let's start a war. But let's not pay for that war. In fact, let's cut taxes instead.

Oh yea, and let's not forget to start wailing about the deficit. We can blame it on out of control domestic spending on entitlements. Yep. That's the ticket. Who cares that 8 years after we started the War in Iraq and Bush cut taxes, we can't even afford to pay for something like LIHEAP. :rolleyes:

Meanwhile, Ralph and Elkabong agree that the poor are suffering from Obama's policies. How far from reality can you get?

newtothegame
02-16-2011, 01:52 AM
It's so heart-warming to see the right scoff at Obama for abandoning LIHEAP. After all, there is nothing better than seeing Obama dump on "his people".

And then Newtothegame, at his Pontius Pilate best, says with "these poor sob's who will be told its the "rights" fault."

Who insisted on extending the Bush tax cuts last year? Who is not insisting on fully funding LIHEAP this year? Why would anyone see a connection between these two actions?

Republicans at their patriotic best:

Let's start a war. But let's not pay for that war. In fact, let's cut taxes instead.

Oh yea, and let's not forget to start wailing about the deficit. We can blame it on out of control domestic spending on entitlements. Yep. That's the ticket. Who cares that 8 years after we started the War in Iraq and Bush cut taxes, we can't even afford to pay for something like LIHEAP. :rolleyes:

Meanwhile, Ralph and Elkabong agree that the poor are suffering from Obama's policies. How far from reality can you get?
Please show me ONE post where I said to cut Heap!!!!
Another lib tactic....if its not true, say it is anyways....
As to extending the tax cuts, I didnt have a problem with it then, nor do I now.
I have gave many of my own ideas as to the budget problems, and most of them have started out with our problems OVERSEAS.
But, just like the left will do (as I said in above post)...say and tell all those "POOR SOB's" whatever you like...they will buy it.
Can you show me where I said "lets start a war" ???
Lol, I should be calling you the "poor sob" because although you have ALOT to say above, its rather POOR on fact or substance...

JustRalph
02-16-2011, 02:08 AM
A rising tide raises all ships.

A receding tide leaves those at the lowest level, high and dry first

NJ Stinks
02-16-2011, 02:13 AM
Please show me ONE post where I said to cut Heap!!!!
Another lib tactic....if its not true, say it is anyways....
As to extending the tax cuts, I didnt have a problem with it then, nor do I now.
I have gave many of my own ideas as to the budget problems, and most of them have started out with our problems OVERSEAS.
But, just like the left will do (as I said in above post)...say and tell all those "POOR SOB's" whatever you like...they will buy it.
Can you show me where I said "lets start a war" ???
Lol, I should be calling you the "poor sob" because although you have ALOT to say above, its rather POOR on fact or substance...

I know you didn't want to cut LIHEAP. I'm not saying you personally said to start a war either. What I am saying is that Republican Party policies the last 8 years got us to where we are today. Blaming Obama instead of the Republican party for LIHEAP cuts is ludicrous. You DID say people will be told it's the right's fault and people will buy it. Why shouldn't they? It's the truth.

(I have to get up for work tomorrow, Newt. So if you reply I won't be able to defend my self until tomorrow. :) )

newtothegame
02-16-2011, 03:02 AM
I know you didn't want to cut LIHEAP. I'm not saying you personally said to start a war either. What I am saying is that Republican Party policies the last 8 years got us to where we are today. Blaming Obama instead of the Republican party for LIHEAP cuts is ludicrous. You DID say people will be told it's the right's fault and people will buy it. Why shouldn't they? It's the truth.

(I have to get up for work tomorrow, Newt. So if you reply I won't be able to defend my self until tomorrow. :) )

Don't back off of your statement now NJ...this was your quote attributed to ME personally...

"And then Newtothegame, at his Pontius Pilate best, says "these poor sob's who will be told its the "rights" fault."

Who insisted on extending the Bush tax cuts last year? Who is not insisting on fully funding LIHEAP this year? Why would anyone see a connection between these two actions? "

I never said anywhere that heap should be fully, partially, or not at all funded.
Now, unless I am reading that wrong, you attributed that to me....
If you must know though, I think its a TERRIBLE state of affairs that OBAMA would personally target this area when there are thousands of other areas for budget concerns. That was the reason for me posting the story....to show the hypocricy of this president (whom most of the poor voted for), to turn his back on them.
Next, you say...

"Republicans at their patriotic best:""
Again, I am somehow thinking you are calling me a republican and questioning my patriotism....
First, I dont consider myself republican. As I have said before, I think I am more a Conservative. Box has went so far to tag me with libertarian views. I am ok with that as well...
But as for the repugs...I have said many times that ALL the trash in washington needs to go. If I am not mistaken, I have said if you had an "I" behind your name it was time to go. Thats for repugs and dems.
I think they ALL are serving their own best interest. It hasnt been "about the people, for the people" for a long time. Time we change that!!!
As to the patriotism part....anyone who comes here in off topic I think is patriotic. Although we may have different beliefs, I think we all are voicing our opinions because we do care what happens to our country. It just so happens I think the dems way leads us to a path of destruction. You think differently...thats ok. It's my job to justify my thinking so others may see what is going on in my views.
Jog and I have had several disagreements. Doesnt mean I dont care about her greatly. When I first read this story...believe it or not, she was the first person I thought of as she had mentioned she recieves this program. I would like to think she recieves it as she needs it. It bothers me greatly that we as a country are cutting somethign our OWN people need, yet we can pass billions in aid to other countries who honestly could care less if we died tomorrow (except for the pocket book).
Hope I cleared things up about my political views and budget cuts lol.
P.S sleep well my friend...hope to continue this debate when you wake :)

newtothegame
02-16-2011, 03:04 AM

P.S exactly as I predicted the left would...lol

NJ Stinks
02-17-2011, 01:23 AM
P.S exactly as I predicted the left would...lol

Well, I couldn't let down the side, could I? ;)

From now on I'll keep in mind that you are not a Republican and I'll try to leave Pontius Pilate out of it.

We may be on opposite sides of the aisle but we both immediately thought about how this may affect Jognlope. Maybe there really is such a thing as a compassionate conservative! :p :)

newtothegame
02-17-2011, 03:35 AM
Well, I couldn't let down the side, could I? ;)

From now on I'll keep in mind that you are not a Republican and I'll try to leave Pontius Pilate out of it.

We may be on opposite sides of the aisle but we both immediately thought about how this may affect Jognlope. Maybe there really is such a thing as a compassionate conservative! :p :)
There always have been compassionate cons.....lol (even if some may not think so)....
And as I said, I am sure we both (both sides of politics) believe in what were doing and our stances. I find it both intriguing and frustrating that we both can look at the same object and see two totally different things ... :)