PDA

View Full Version : The ridiculous Conditional Bet.

Ray2000
02-15-2011, 06:27 AM
I've been tracking the board while testing out some conditional bets.
Yesterday at Monti R2 I had $10 to Win #4 if at least 3/1 at 0 MTP. It went thru.
Assuming the bet was processed within 60 seconds after the first flip to 0 MTP this shows how silly the Conditional Bet is. It took 6:05 minutes to get to the final flip when most of the money was posted !!!

I believe Youbet allowed using negative numbers for MTP but even that wouldn't work.

And other tracks (Yonkers) are worse.

Robert Goren
02-15-2011, 07:24 AM
No matter how they set it up, a lot money (like yours) is not going to be bet until the last few seconds. If you are setting up a conditional bet at 0 mtp, what make you think other people aren't going to do the same thing? These days you have to make a estimate of how much the odds are going to drop when setting up your bet. There is no way they are going to shut down the wagering for everybody else and then let you make your bet. That seems to be what a lot posters want.

Ray2000
02-15-2011, 07:32 AM
What I want is for them to stop lying about how many minutes there are before wagering closes.

Gapfire
02-15-2011, 10:07 AM
What I want is for them to stop lying about how many minutes there are before wagering closes.

I agree, sometimes at the Mountain 0 minutes to post means 20 mtp. :D

The Bit
02-15-2011, 10:20 AM
Yonkers is or was doing to 0 minutes to post twice.

They would go to 0 to post, than bring the horses on track and reset the minutes to post to 4. Than they go to zero again and hang out for another 2 or 3 minutes.

Coleman
02-15-2011, 01:32 PM
Cal Expo is even worse. It's pretty much always 0 minutes to post there.

Market Mover
02-15-2011, 03:03 PM
I agree, sometimes at the Mountain 0 minutes to post means 20 mtp. :D

Cal Expo or Northfield Park are the worse with the pseudo-post times. If you see 0 mtp, then you know they haven't even made it out of the saddling area yet....

The_Knight_Sky
02-15-2011, 03:43 PM
Cal Expo or Northfield Park are the worse with the pseudo-post times.

If you see 0 mtp, then you know they haven't even made it out of the saddling area yet....

That Northfield is the worst.
I'm not sure if it's the cold weather that's hampering the post parade or not.

Yonkers these days seem to copy off Northfield.
These same birds of a feather.