PDA

View Full Version : WMD (effect) found in US????

newtothegame
02-14-2011, 11:52 PM
San Diego Official's 'Weapons of Mass Effect' Comment Raises Questions

Published February 14, 2011

| FoxNews.com

A San Diego official's acknowledgment to a local TV reporter that "weapons of mass effect" were found in the city has local and federal authorities scrambling to explain the comment.

San Diego assistant port director Al Hallor, an officer with U.S. Customs and Border Protection, told ABC affiliate KGTV that authorities have uncovered "weapons of mass effect" in an interview that aired Feb. 11.

"Yes," Hallor said when asked by a reporter if such weapons had ever been found in San Diego.

Hallor declined to indicate where, exactly, the weapons were located, saying only that they had not been found at the port of San Diego. Hallor also did not go into detail about what the weapons consisted of or when they were found.

"At the airport, seaport, at our port of entry we have not this past fiscal year, but our partner agencies have found those things," he said.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/02/14/san-diego-officials-weapons-mass-effect-comment-raises-questions/ (http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/02/14/san-diego-officials-weapons-mass-effect-comment-raises-questions/)#

boxcar
02-15-2011, 01:23 AM
This is another story getting very little press by the LameStreams.

Boxcar

JustRalph
02-15-2011, 01:43 AM
I am sure he is shopping for a retirement property somewhere

highnote
02-15-2011, 03:28 AM
I love the last line:

"CBP has not specifically had any incidents with nuclear devices or nuclear materials at our ports of entry," a statement read.

No where in the article were nuclear devices or nuclear materials mentioned, yet, a quote from a statement from CBP is used that contains the words "nuclear devices" and "nuclear materials".

johnhannibalsmith
02-15-2011, 10:46 AM
I love the last line:

"CBP has not specifically had any incidents with nuclear devices or nuclear materials at our ports of entry," a statement read.

No where in the article were nuclear devices or nuclear materials mentioned, yet, a quote from a statement from CBP is used that contains the words "nuclear devices" and "nuclear materials".

I'm glad I'm not the only one that can't even read these public statements from officials of all walks of life without thinking that I might need to brush up on syllogistic reasoning.

If you offer up a job to someone who very well may be speaking on the behalf of many, particularly in a capacity of broad importance, why must you find the guy that leads the league in saying the least, utilizing the most words?

It's the next great pandemic of our time, words without meaning and speakers eloquent enough to use them as filibuster.