PDA

View Full Version : Obama the ruthless killer......

JustRalph
02-14-2011, 01:55 AM
http://www.newsweek.com/2011/02/13/inside-the-killing-machine.html

When Bush was doing it........ it was in the news as a war crime. Obama does it at a faster pace and with much more aggression and we don't hear much about it.

I find the part about no longer capturing the bad guys because we can't detain them or "interrogate" them any longer to be very interesting.

The Bush crowd and supporters made this argument when the left was screaming about Gitmo. But now that it has come true, not a peep? Many Bush supporters said that this would force the military to become more aggressive and tend to kill more than capture. Guess what? You got your wish........

PaceAdvantage
02-14-2011, 03:36 AM
And here I always thought it was the "Neo-Cons" and "Zionists" who were the leaders of the "killing machine" which marched right along on its never ending thirst for blood...

Isn't that what the conspiracy theorists and far-left wingers have always maintained on this website and elsewhere?

Whoa boy...somebody's gonna have to rewrite their history books...AGAIN.... :lol:

HUSKER55
02-14-2011, 07:30 AM
muslims kill as part of their religon. if we kill them I see it as fulfilling allahs promise.

so,...how are we the bad guys

newtothegame
02-14-2011, 07:45 AM
muslims kill as part of their religon. if we kill them I see it as fulfilling allahs promise.

so,...how are we the bad guys

Husker...its not about WHAT we do, its about WHO is doing it.
Bush was bashed repeatedly by the left for it.....
Now Obama and his cronies seem to have taken it up a level and the left apparently (by their lack of criticism) is fine with it....

ArlJim78
02-14-2011, 08:07 AM
Victor Davis Hanson is echoing the same idea here regarding the antiwar movement and how the same people who are now all concerned about civility were calling Bush a Nazi not so long ago. Gen Patraeus is another one who has undergone a breathtaking transformation. Under Bush he was a liar, now he is a trusted hero.
__________________________________________________ ____
Goodbye to All That - 2004-2007 (http://pajamasmedia.com/victordavishanson/goodbye-to-all-that-2004-2007/)

Days of Rage

In times to come, the period between the failed campaign of John Kerry and the Democratic control of the Congress, coupled with the beginning of the successful surge, should be known as “The Insane Years.” This was the era in which Guantanamo was a gulag, renditions were the stuff of Hollywood movies, and Bush and Cheney were deemed veritable war criminals. Was it all a dream, those nightmare years of 2004-7?

Robert Goren
02-14-2011, 09:14 AM
Even more amazing the transformation of Petraeus in the eyes of the far right. He has gone from war hero presidential timber to incompetent fool just because he now works for Obama. I guess anybody who comes within a 100 miles of Obama is contaminated in their eyes.

cj's dad
02-14-2011, 09:56 AM
Even more amazing the transformation of Petraeus in the eyes of the far right. He has gone from war hero presidential timber to incompetent fool just because he now works for Obama. I guess anybody who comes within a 100 miles of Obama is contaminated in their eyes.

Who stated that ? And, why are you not commenting on the OP ?

I for one find no fault with murdering terrorists and if their families are harmed in the process ? oh well !!

The point is where is the outrage by the same folks who were all over GB ?

johnhannibalsmith
02-14-2011, 10:02 AM
Who stated that ? And, why are you not commenting on the OP ?

I for one find no fault with murdering terrorists and if their families are harmed in the process ? oh well !!

The point is where is the outrage by the same folks who were all over GB ?

This sentiment seems to play out day and day and day again; It's why if I'm going to be mistaken for one "ideology" or another, I guess I'll gladly prefer "con".

Making every issue cram inside of a box that can be used to denigrate the despised politician of choice, and then when convenient, turning said box upside down to store all of the hope and change.

Tom
02-14-2011, 10:18 AM
One of the few things he has got right - kill our enemies.
I just will not let up throwing it in the lefties faces because they somehow ignore it now but were all over Bush for doing it.

It pains me to do it, but the left set the standards, and I must now follow their lead. I am what they created! :lol:

Bang bang

highnote
02-14-2011, 01:10 PM
Administration officials insist that the targeted killings rest on a solid legal foundation, but many scholars disagree. Georgetown University’s Gary Solis, the author of The Law of Armed Conflict, says people at the CIA who pilot unmanned aerial vehicles are civilians directly engaged in hostilities, an act that makes them “unlawful combatants” and possibly subject to prosecution.

I wonder what the CIA lawyers have to say about this assertion?

---------------

It's good the CIA didn't also authorize the killing of the family of the man who was killed by the drone as he stepped out of his car. However, imagine how the wife and kids must have felt seeing him blown to bits right in front of their eyes..

PaceAdvantage
02-14-2011, 01:27 PM
Even more amazing the transformation of Petraeus in the eyes of the far right. He has gone from war hero presidential timber to incompetent fool just because he now works for Obama.He has? Where? Certainly not on this site.

Please point to where Petraeus is portrayed as an incompetent fool...

NJ Stinks
02-14-2011, 02:52 PM
Politics aside, the questions I have are:

1. Do these drone attacks lead to more terrorist attacks around the world in retaliation? Or

2. Do these drone attacks effectively disrupt terrorist operations?

I don't know the answers to the above questions. But whether or not it's Bush or Obama authorizing the drone attacks, my other primary concern with these drone attacks is that we are killing innocent people - not just the primary targets.

At any rate, the fact that drone attacks are seen as a lesser evil than Gitmo just shows how screwed up Gitmo was and is.

Tom
02-14-2011, 03:06 PM
Gitmo was and is the best situation we could come up with.
It worked.

As far as innocent people getting killed, tough shit.
Go tell it to NYC.

Mike at A+
02-14-2011, 03:31 PM
1. Do these drone attacks lead to more terrorist attacks around the world in retaliation? Or

Nope - it results in fewer terrorists. What's that? We're creating more of them? Well look at it this way. The ones we're creating are far less experienced at terrorism than the ones we're offing. It's all good.

boxcar
02-14-2011, 03:33 PM
Nope - it results in fewer terrorists. What's that? We're creating more of them? Well look at it this way. They ones we're creating are far less experienced at terrorism than the ones we're offing. It's all good.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :ThmbUp:

Boxcar

riskman
02-14-2011, 04:47 PM
The fact is that terrorist leaders often hide among civilian populations and deliberately cause collateral damage. The meaning of these strikes – and the battle to define their morality and effect – cuts to the heart of the narratives by which each side in the “war on terror” defines itself. As one soldier put it: “When a robot dies, you don’t have to write a letter to its mother.”

PaceAdvantage
02-15-2011, 01:05 AM
The fact is that terrorist leaders often hide among civilian populations and deliberately cause collateral damage. The meaning of these strikes – and the battle to define their morality and effect – cuts to the heart of the narratives by which each side in the “war on terror” defines itself. As one soldier put it: “When a robot dies, you don’t have to write a letter to its mother.”You are a very strange poster. I think I am going to have to ban you, at least from posting here in off topic. You are the one who is CONSISTENTLY posting COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL as your own.

You lifted everything above from the following page:

http://www.brookings.edu/opinions/2009/0627_drones_singer.aspx

You've been called out on this kind of behavior multiple times in the past if I recall correctly, and yet I don't think you've ever explained yourself adequately and I always seem to be looking the other way and letting you get away with this...no more...

johnhannibalsmith
02-15-2011, 01:32 AM
...You lifted everything above from the following page:

That's pretty impressive on your part, I must acknowledge. You are either extremely well read or have many sets of eyes on your behalf. Or you are Santa, I suppose. I love seeing plagiarists exposed. :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

PaceAdvantage
02-15-2011, 01:35 AM
That's pretty impressive on your part, I must acknowledge. You are either extremely well read or have many sets of eyes on your behalf. Or you are Santa, I suppose. I love seeing plagiarists exposed. :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:Actually, it was much easier than that. At first it seemed a bit of an odd reply altogether...as if something didn't quite fit right.

Then I looked at the user name and remembered some of his past forays into posting something that already existed elsewhere as his own with no credit given.

After that, it's a simple cut and paste job into the mighty Google machine...