PDA

View Full Version : Inquiry Parx Race 10

The Bit
02-13-2011, 06:06 PM
Anyone see it? Have any thoughts? Going to be tough to say without the head on replay, but the 2nd place finisher ( #1 ) claims foul against the winner ( #7 ) for an incident headed into the turn.

A guy sitting near me at Chester needed the #1 to win for what he said was a $10 super.

After seeing the head on, I thought for certain the winner was coming down. Watching the head on down the backstretch the #7 drifts in almost the entire way and seems to crowd the #1 heading into the turn. Jockey on the one checks and gives up 3 or 4 lengths and re-rallies for 2nd. The pan shot showed the #1 was up inside the #7 headed into the turn and the head on shows the #7 drifting in, yet they kept the result as it stood. I was suprised and the guy next to me was something else ... lol

I thought it was pretty clear that the one had position along the rail and the seven at the very least made it very tight for him while drifting in. The lack of consistent rulings with regards to these issues really makes ya wonder sometimes. I've seen horses taken down for much less.

windoor
02-13-2011, 07:12 PM
Anyone see it? Have any thoughts? Going to be tough to say without the head on replay, but the 2nd place finisher ( #1 ) claims foul against the winner ( #7 ) for an incident headed into the turn.

A guy sitting near me at Chester needed the #1 to win for what he said was a $10 super.

After seeing the head on, I thought for certain the winner was coming down. Watching the head on down the backstretch the #7 drifts in almost the entire way and seems to crowd the #1 heading into the turn. Jockey on the one checks and gives up 3 or 4 lengths and re-rallies for 2nd. The pan shot showed the #1 was up inside the #7 headed into the turn and the head on shows the #7 drifting in, yet they kept the result as it stood. I was suprised and the guy next to me was something else ... lol

I thought it was pretty clear that the one had position along the rail and the seven at the very least made it very tight for him while drifting in. The lack of consistent rulings with regards to these issues really makes ya wonder sometimes. I've seen horses taken down for much less.

Didn't see the race, but I had the 7 at $19.00. Glad they kept him up :)

Regards,

Windoor

Rise Over Run
02-13-2011, 07:31 PM
They actually race at Parx??? :rolleyes: