PDA

View Full Version : Jaguar-- Multi-Strats

BETKING
10-13-2003, 11:58 AM
Jaguar,
What is the Web Page for Multi-Strats? I have the old dos Program that I bought many years ago.
I tried Google for Banana Software, Inc. but got nothing but a lotta junk. I also tried Multi-Strats and got the same junk.
Thanks,

BETKING

Lefty
10-13-2003, 12:25 PM
Don't think Multi-Strats around anymore. Guess you better hang on to your old one.

wes
10-13-2003, 04:23 PM
I'm hanging on to the copy I have but it will not work on any races files after 1999.

wes

Jaguar
10-13-2003, 10:56 PM
BETKING, you are fortunate in at least one respect, which is that with the collapse of EXCO, Inc.(parent company of Banana Software) you have the opportunity of exploring much more modern and more powerful handicapping programs.

Multi-Strats was last upgraded in 1995 and the planned 1998-1999 revision was stymied by the death of Dr. Sengbush and by the fact that Curtis Martin absconded with everyone's upgrade deposits.

In its current form, Multi-Strats is a brilliant- but flawed- expert system disc. The program is almost impossible to use effectively in native mode and requires the mentoring of an experienced MS user, who can help a newcomer with the models(absolutely essential) and with an understanding of the many nuances of powerful features which are only cryptically understandable from reading the manual.

Furthermore, MS contains an annoying flaw, which requires a simple but aggravating workaround, and which is inscrutable to new users.

In other words, if you haven't already experienced the agony of climbing Mt. Everest without supplemental oxygen, you might be tempted to try the climb- but wise old Sherpas will advise you against it.

This wise old Sherpa is suggesting that the really great new horse handicapping programs, featuring the terrific new neural nets- as well as dynamite model-making capabilities- will take you to the cashier's window much faster, more easily, and much more often than any old and obsolete DOS-based method.

Old Multi-Strats users, as do old soldiers, will just fade away- in time-. But, that's o.k. because we've had our share of victories, and when we gather around the campfire for the last time- regaling one another with tales of the trifectas and supers we've taken down at Hawthorne, Aqueduct, Calder, and Santa Anita- a hush will descend upon our little band.

When my turn comes to speak, I'll tell of this past April 16th- when the Big Dog(as those who use MS are sometimes wont to refer to the program) picked the winner on top in 9 out of the 10 races on the card at Philadelphia Park. The greatest day in recorded Multi-Strats history, reflecting the power of Multi-Strats models and the brilliance of Dr. Sengbush's 25 algorithms.

Yes, we have been to the mountain top- and we have tasted the nectar of the gods!

All The Best,

Jaguar