PDA

View Full Version : Tackleberry

Beachbabe
02-12-2011, 05:43 PM
Talk about getting no respect:
Has won 7 if his last 9 at all kinds of distances.In his last 4 wins he's gone off at odds of 9-2; 6-1; 27-1 and today at 4-1

Stillriledup
02-12-2011, 05:46 PM
And, he doesnt use lasix, you dont see too many horses run at this top level without it.

I wish i could have seen this race live, all my video feeds were 'on the blink' at 1 MTP, not sure what that was all about, maybe it was just my own connection.

lamboguy
02-12-2011, 05:57 PM
And, he doesnt use lasix, you dont see too many horses run at this top level without it.

I wish i could have seen this race live, all my video feeds were 'on the blink' at 1 MTP, not sure what that was all about, maybe it was just my own connection.
smarty jones didn't use any either. its easier to train them without the stuff, especially when they don't really need it.

ArlJim78
02-12-2011, 06:02 PM
wins at 9 furlongs and 2 weeks later wins at 7. you gotta hand it to him.

johnhannibalsmith
02-12-2011, 06:09 PM
smarty jones didn't use any either. its easier to train them without the stuff, especially when they don't really need it.

I'm reasonably sure that Smarty Jones went L1 for the Derby and stayed on it through the Triple Crown.

cj
02-12-2011, 06:25 PM
I'm reasonably sure that Smarty Jones went L1 for the Derby and stayed on it through the Triple Crown.

He definitely was for the Derby.

joanied
02-12-2011, 07:18 PM
I love a trainer that isn't affraid to wheel one right back...great race for this under rated horse...thought he might come up a bit short, so had him for place, he blew my socks off...Soaring Empire left his race at the gate...way too much to do and did really well to get the 2 spot...the sprint division is gonna be fun this year:jump:

precocity
02-12-2011, 08:18 PM
wins at 9 furlongs and 2 weeks later wins at 7. you gotta hand it to him.
had a little bit on his nose :ThmbUp:

Valuist
02-12-2011, 09:15 PM
I love a trainer that isn't affraid to wheel one right back...great race for this under rated horse...thought he might come up a bit short, so had him for place, he blew my socks off...Soaring Empire left his race at the gate...way too much to do and did really well to get the 2 spot...the sprint division is gonna be fun this year:jump:

Agree on Soaring Empire but I also suspect he is over the top. I noticed that 2 starts back (in the Cigar Mile) he was reluctant to load then benefited from a fast pace. All things considered he didn't run a bad race today but I can see him burning money in the near future.

joanied
02-13-2011, 05:30 PM
Why would you think Soaring Empire is 'over the top"...he's a lighlt raced 4 year old...this should be his best year...IMO, Saturday just wasn't his day...yet once he got himself sorted out, he ran a great race to pick up the place spot. Most of them have day or two in their careers when they just don't want to get into the gate, for whatever reason...and some horses don't need a reason:D