PDA

View Full Version : Belmont Monday

SAL
10-13-2003, 09:47 AM
My picks for Belmont Monday:

R1 - #7 Rockin' Again-Jock/trainer have been hot lately. Trainer sucks with FTS, but this is a good spot to break the spell.

R2 - #4 King of the Cats-Yeah, this is the ML fav. But she makes a HUGE trainer change, and look at the stats when horses switch to Walder's care. Migliore's run well with her once already.

R3 - #5 Major Leaguer-Gets lasix, and has some experience now. Two sharp drills since eventful debut. Expect better today.

R4 - #2 Double Halo-Ran well in only dirt route. Should have an honest pace to run at.

R5 - Pass

R6 - #4 Transparent-Trainer does well with the dirt/turf, sprint/route moves.Tries turf, gets the bug weight, and had a sharp drill a week ago. Will like the price here.

R7 - Pass

R8 - #2 Cargo Ship-Liked this horse last time. Like him more today.

R9 - #3 Harmonist-Would be candidate for claim of the meet if she wins this. But why not? Very lightly raced and improving filly. Has every right to move up.

R10 - Pass

Suff
10-13-2003, 10:17 AM
Hi Sal.

Went through your picks... Honestly. I see it all different than you today. One's things for sure, 1 of us should have a good day. We're in seperate corners with this card.

I've been fumbling through the last 3 or 4.. I thought I picked up on a few things with todays card... Good enough to throw um up anyway..

You went with one Horse..so its apple's and oranges , as I went with 3. I'm curious to see if it will be, 1 of yours with 1 of mine,,or all you and no me,,or all me and no you...

SAL
10-13-2003, 11:21 AM
Well Suff, I haven't really been lighting it up at Belmont lately, so your picks may well be the right ones. I generally only post 1 pick for each race, because that's how I usually bet. I posted these without knowing scratches or track conditions because I have to work this morning, but I'll play my selections anyway. Good luck to you.

PaceAdvantage
10-13-2003, 11:45 AM
It's funny you passed the 10th race Sal...that race is looking like the most bettable race on the card to me....

I'll bet any of the following at 10-1 or over:

1,2b,3,4,5,6,9

Well, that covers 70% of the field....LOL

Races like this typically yield about 2-3 bettable horses....I've been playing this way lately (only betting 10-1 shots or higher in contentious races) and have been doing very well....

As Dick Schmidt says, it's all a numbers game anyway....

WINMANWIN
10-13-2003, 01:41 PM
Pa, Let me offer my opinion on the last :eek:
No White Flags seems to want more ground than 1 mile, but I'm
hoping for a Speed DUEL up front, As I see a couple that may Gas on the lead. Last time Flags WAS in for 35k, He WON, and Price may be Square today. Alnahaam, Takes a drop to 35k claimers also, His race before the debacle in last, Was O.K. In better company. May offer some value. Date More Minors tries weeds for the 1st time, and May be a Price off that Factor. :confused:

keilan
10-13-2003, 03:33 PM
10TH Race at Belmont today:

No Hall-of Famers in this group (#3) "Date More Minors" tries the grass for the 1st time and I expect it should be to his liking. ML is at 8-1, anything close to that at post time and I'll take a swing.

The other two horses that deserve a look are (#1)Alnahaam and the (#4)Boastful.

Good Luck

WINMANWIN
10-13-2003, 04:20 PM
Before I dabble with the last, I'm gonna take a shot with the #1 in the 8th race here. Add It up, I assumed would be heavily bet today. Currently with 20 mins to post the steed is 4 to 1.I think this state bred can run some, and had some excuses in his
Last outings, AKA as STIFF CITY.....Today I think is GO DAY !!;)

PaceAdvantage
10-13-2003, 05:55 PM
Well, I only had one bet in the 10th that went off over 10-1, and that was the 2b.....didn't win.....

WINMANWIN
10-13-2003, 06:10 PM
What was wrong with the race Winner ALNAHAAM at 8 to 1 :confused: Or No white Flags at 9/2 who ran a nice 2nd to complete a nice PERFECTOR :D Sometimes You gotta Play
Ex's Pa, With THE WIN !!! ;)

PaceAdvantage
10-13-2003, 06:42 PM
Gotta draw the line somewhere....my line at this time happens to be 10-1...but nothing wrong with the winner at 8-1...nice price