PDA

View Full Version : Twinspires Silver Rewards

Ray2000
02-11-2011, 04:20 PM
Just got my 2011 VIP Silver card in the mail from TwinSpires.

The example of their rewards program says "Joe Smith" has wagered $17,000 in one month and his multiplier is 2X so he gets 68,000 points added to base (34,000) or 102,000 points, WOW!!!!

This means he can cash in those points for a Wagering credit of $102 on 17G's wagered. WOW!

That's 102/17000 x 100 = 0.6% WOW! WOW! WOW!

Are these people that ignorant? or does one have to negotiate a deal?

Striker
02-11-2011, 10:39 PM
Arlington offers complimentary soda ONLY at their OTBs to VIP Silver members, at Arlington it is like $4 even if you are a Silver VIP. Not that you will be visiting anytime soon. But this just gives you an idea of how things work. Welcome to CDI.

Track Collector
02-12-2011, 11:05 AM
Just got my 2011 VIP Silver card in the mail from TwinSpires.

The example of their rewards program says "Joe Smith" has wagered $17,000 in one month and his multiplier is 2X so he gets 68,000 points added to base (34,000) or 102,000 points, WOW!!!!

This means he can cash in those points for a Wagering credit of $102 on 17G's wagered. WOW!

That's 102/17000 x 100 = 0.6% WOW! WOW! WOW!
Are these people that ignorant? or does one have to negotiate a deal?

Like many things in life, it is who and what you know.

Not sure if Twinspires has their own higher-end rebate program, but for now they have grandfathered those under the program offered by recently acquired YouBet.

You can either contact Twinspires Customer Service, or send me a p-m and I'll give you the name of a specific person to contact. Your chances of success will be linked closely to the level of your yearly handle.

Track Collector

tbwinner
02-12-2011, 11:47 AM
TwinSpires is a joke - no real complaints about the platform but the rewards stink.

They made me a Bronze for 2011. Free admission to CDI properties and 52 simulcast coupons yearly - woohoo :rolleyes:

I've been going on-track to Hawthorne to wager if I am playing the horses all day, where as a Gold cardholder, I get 2% back on wagers in cash. Next step is Platinum where it is 3% + bonus. Not to mention the staff either in the Horseman's Area or Gold Cup is much nicer than the CDI track to the north.

lamboguy
02-12-2011, 12:22 PM
i have a guy at twin spires that goes out of his way to make things right for me. the guy is a perfect gentleman, they are lucky to have this guy and no matter how much they pay him isn't enough. if anyone has any problems with twinspires please let me know and i will point you in the right direction.

Market Mover
02-12-2011, 12:28 PM
i have a guy at twin spires that goes out of his way to make things right for me. the guy is a perfect gentleman, they are lucky to have this guy and no matter how much they pay him isn't enough. if anyone has any problems with twinspires please let me know and i will point you in the right direction.

But you can't get over the four business day holds on withdrawals, when other ADW's have one business day hold to clear your bank. If you have any concern about churn, that is a legitimate consideration....

lamboguy
02-12-2011, 12:43 PM
But you can't get over the four business day holds on withdrawals, when other ADW's have one business day hold to clear your bank. If you have any concern about churn, that is a legitimate consideration....can't help you with that one. i have never made a deposit there, but when i withdraw it takes 3 days to make it in my bank, and no charges. i don't pay for anything with them.

Market Mover
02-12-2011, 03:33 PM
can't help you with that one. i have never made a deposit there, but when i withdraw it takes 3 days to make it in my bank, and no charges. i don't pay for anything with them.

In this day of fast and easy access to advanced deposit wagering, the more acceptable wait is one business day processing to make it to one's bank.
When you make a deposit, it does not take them 3 business days to REMOVE the funds from your checking account. It should not be different the other way around...

lamboguy
02-12-2011, 03:42 PM
In this day of fast and easy access to advanced deposit wagering, the more acceptable wait is one business day processing to make it to one's bank.
When you make a deposit, it does not take them 3 business days to REMOVE the funds from your checking account. It should not be different the other way around...
if i ran the place i would do things differntly, its their candy store. i don't have to explain it to you, there is alot wrong with racing period from alot more aspects than just this one which seems to be a pretty simple deal.

the people that are running racetracks these days must think they have a captive audience like they had for many decades. one day they are going to wake up and see that that is not the case anymore.