PDA

View Full Version : Database or Database Services Desired

tanda
10-12-2003, 08:47 PM
I am interested in purchasing a handicapping database or hiring the services of a database administrator for a variety of research projects.

This purchase/services are not desired for personal handicapping purposes. Instead, they are needed for a handicapping related business venture.

Primarily interested in testing various factors such as pace/ speed figures, MLO, power ratings and not trainer angles.

Please e-mail at tanda313@columbus.rr.com with an overview of database characteristics and desired purchase price and/or prices for conducting research projects.

Larry Hamilton
10-12-2003, 09:13 PM
Describe the finished product you are interested in. I have the time, experience, and data. Now trying guage the time it will require to accomplish

Larry Hamilton
10-12-2003, 10:14 PM
I am reminded of a post from my old site mentioned by CeeJay:

You can have it fast, good, and cheap--pick 2.

tanda
10-12-2003, 10:17 PM
Larry,

Projects involve two to three factor winning and place percentages. ROI is not needed. So, I would give you two factors and ask what the win/place percentages were for horses with those two factors.

Interested in testing proprietary rating factors among other factors. I.e. Beyers, Tomlinsons, Prime Power, etc.

Projects would be subdivided by a variety of factors (surface, track, field size, conditions, etc.)

Fairly simple stuff.

The projects are needed for a start-up business. I need some estimates now for finalization of business plan. When/if financing secured, projects would be needed to be performed over approximately 90 day period. I anticipate follow-up projects during this process.

Confidentiality is an issue. I prefer to purchase the database for that reason. Will consider hiring a person to perform projects. Payment would be made 1/2 upon ordering project, 1/2 upon completion and delivery of project results. If latter option is agreed upon, researcher would need to sign confidentiality agreement.

tanda
10-12-2003, 10:21 PM
Larry,

Posted reply before reading your second reply.

Need good, timely, fairly priced.

Larry Hamilton
10-12-2003, 10:22 PM
I dont have any data on Tomlinson or Beyer..sorry

tanda
10-12-2003, 10:24 PM
OK. Those are examples. Describe what you do have.

Larry Hamilton
10-12-2003, 10:26 PM
email your phone nr, Ill call you larry@hambowl.net

Larry Hamilton
10-12-2003, 10:32 PM
or if you prefer....

http://www.tsnhorse.com/downloads/ppfile.txt

is the data I have downloaded for a very long time

Larry Hamilton
10-12-2003, 11:19 PM
someone else step in, dont think I interest him

tanda