PDA

View Full Version : HrTV Online

toussaud
02-10-2011, 03:16 PM
So i renewed my subscription for 9.99 last WEEK.. not last month lol, last WEEK. I login yesterday to try to get online, I generally have 2 laptops working, one with HRTV on one side and one with the track feed in front of me. I try to login yesterday, it's asking me to pay again. Okay. I email them they tell me it's their fault, they reset my account. I try again today, still can't login. This them they told me however this time they just shut down the account lol. Take someone's money then just shut down their account, then had the nerve tot ell me to register under a different name and pay again.

Canarsie
02-11-2011, 09:02 AM
So i renewed my subscription for 9.99 last WEEK.. not last month lol, last WEEK. I login yesterday to try to get online, I generally have 2 laptops working, one with HRTV on one side and one with the track feed in front of me. I try to login yesterday, it's asking me to pay again. Okay. I email them they tell me it's their fault, they reset my account. I try again today, still can't login. This them they told me however this time they just shut down the account lol. Take someone's money then just shut down their account, then had the nerve tot ell me to register under a different name and pay again.

The solution is really easy if accurate. All you have to do is contest the charge with your CC company.

horses4courses
02-11-2011, 10:06 AM
The solution is really easy if accurate. All you have to do is contest the charge with your CC company.

Surely, you jest.

What a way to do business!

Unless toussaud was offered an immediate apology for their screw-up , plus a compensating refund or credit, HRTV needs to do some self-evaluation, and work on their online product.

Canarsie
02-11-2011, 12:06 PM
Surely, you jest.

What a way to do business!

Unless toussaud was offered an immediate apology for their screw-up , plus a compensating refund or credit, HRTV needs to do some self-evaluation, and work on their online product.

That's the point he didn't get any of the things you stated. Please explain to me a better recourse he would have even though it's only $9.99?

xfile
02-11-2011, 01:20 PM
By the year they charge me only $49.95. That's a lot less than 9.99 per month

toussaud
02-11-2011, 01:23 PM
By the year they charge me only $49.95. That's a lot less than 9.99 per month
well i was under debate if I was going to re up the subscription because I bought a big screen TV and I watch HRTV on TV alot more than I do online, so I figured I"d go m2m utnil I figured out what I was going to do.

gm10
02-11-2011, 04:41 PM
that's ironic because I know a guy who paid for a one month subscription ages ago and he still gets the video feed
if you two ever meet i will tell him to buy you a beer

horses4courses
02-11-2011, 09:01 PM
That's the point he didn't get any of the things you stated. Please explain to me a better recourse he would have even though it's only $9.99?

The onus should be on HRTV to fix the customer's problem.
He shouldn't have to phone his cable company (probably being put on hold for 20+ minutes) to contest the charge. It's not his fault, and he already paid for the service. What am I missing here?

slew101
02-11-2011, 09:41 PM
Sounds like somebody misunderstood your situation. I'd try again to get them to take off the charge. I'd be shocked if they didn't. No company will fight a customer for $9.99.

If that doesn't work, tell them you will be filing a complaint with your attorney general's office. You'll get the $9.99 back real quick.

Canarsie
02-12-2011, 08:53 AM
The onus should be on HRTV to fix the customer's problem.
He shouldn't have to phone his cable company (probably being put on hold for 20+ minutes) to contest the charge. It's not his fault, and he already paid for the service. What am I missing here?

Your missing that he bought the service online probably because he doesn't get HRTV. :bang:

The cable company would probably give him a refund in 5 seconds.

toussaud
02-12-2011, 11:24 AM
Your missing that he bought the service online probably because he doesn't get HRTV. :bang:

The cable company would probably give him a refund in 5 seconds.
I get HRTV on my TV however I work from home and I have an office room and it's easier for me to just keep HRTV on a laptop in there then to work in the living room.

Dave Schwartz
02-12-2011, 12:17 PM
When I hear stories like this I literally think of myself. See, like most of the people here I am "of a certain age" where we remember a time when companies actually cared what the customer thinks about their "experience." They don't!

Yes, I know they SHOULD care, but they don't. We can all site example after example of how we have been mistreated in a store, online, wherever... and when we complain, WE will go through all the effort to get the problem resolved and ultimately, there will be no fair, just or logical compensation for it.

There was a time when companies care enough to make it right but now they have determined that the complaining customer is just not worth the extra money it takes to satisfy them. They just want non-complainers who take whatever they give them, no matter how sub-standard it might be, and keep taking it. Notice I did not say "and enjoy it" because they just DON'T CARE!

Examples are everywhere. You call for tech support and get a message that says, "We are experiencing unusually high call volume..." I want to scream into the phone, "HOW CAN IT BE UNUSUALLY HIGH IF YOU HAVE IT EVERY DAY?" Why don't they say what they mean, which is, "We don't CARE how long you have to wait. We are only interested in keeping our costs as low as possible."

On my desk I have a white-on-blue coffee mug, kind of like this one with the colors reversed...

http://www.horsestreet.com/BBSImages/NC-Mug.jpg

It isn't because I am a Tarheel fan - I'm not.

It is a reminder to me - NC = NOBODY CARES!

Dave

PS: Can I get an "amen" on any of this?

Canarsie
02-12-2011, 12:20 PM
I get HRTV on my TV however I work from home and I have an office room and it's easier for me to just keep HRTV on a laptop in there then to work in the living room.

The point is your cable company would have refunded your money in an instant. That's not the case dealing with an online company there are different options that have to be used.

In the past year Verizon Wireless gave me credits of $150 and $110 on my bill because some their employees don't have a clue. I'm sure if you told them your contesting the charge ( there is a fee against them if you do it) it will be issued as a credit immediately. Back before the internet took off I bought a scsi CD burner for $400. They sent me the wrong one, sent it back and was billed twice. When I spoke to the owner and said I'm contesting it she said "don't do that it costs me $75, I'll make it right". The credit was issued and she took off around $40 off the actual cost. I still have the bugger looking at it right now just can't throw it away. :lol:

Sheeesh blank cd's were $15 back then. OUCH!!!