PDA

View Full Version : MPH

ldiatone
02-09-2011, 10:53 AM
hi guys,
does anyone remember how to use the MPH program manually? no downloads.
thanks

Tom
02-09-2011, 11:34 AM
Big 10-4.

What do you need?

ldiatone
02-09-2011, 01:01 PM
how to input the races by hand no downloads. i know there is a way.... i forget how to do it

Tom
02-09-2011, 05:15 PM
On the main menu, select HANDICAPPING PROGRAM
(makes a variant from the Beyer number)

On the set up screen, toggle <F8> either BEYER SPEED FIGURES or VELOCITY (here, you enter your own variant or none)

Then toggle <7> your betting line option
Use your arrow keys to enter race number, date, distance, surface (no poly option!) and comments

When you are ready to enter data, hit PAGE DOWN to get to the HANDICAPPING SCREEN

Type in the HORSEs name
ENTER takes you to the DIST window

UP or DOWN ARROW toggles the distances ( the current PARS are displayed as you toggle)

ENTER to get to the three time windows, then either manually enter the time or UP or DOWN ARROW to scroll 1/5 at a time

ENTER to the BEYER window, then either manually type or scroll up or down

ENTER to the BL window, same entry method - You have to enter your own E/S/P designation

After you hit enter in the E/S/P window, the pace line will show up in the bottom PROJECTIONS window and the cursor moves back to the NAME window and you are ready to enter the next horse.

You can now toggle the bottom screen using the F5 key - Projections, Velocity, Rankings.

F1 is your help screen, ESC to return, F12 to show projected race times.

Sparky13
02-10-2011, 07:44 AM
Tom,

I too have used this program in the past and it seems you are very familiar with it. If you used it manually, what paceline for each horse did you use to handicap races using MPH?

Thanks

Tom
02-10-2011, 09:44 AM
I used to put in 2-3 representative lines, if there were that many, then cut it back to one line per horse after looking at the rankings screen - deleting the worse lines for each horse. Worked pretty well for me. I tried to have the three best early and three best late in the race, and sometime that was only three horses. As a rule of thumb, best of last two was pretty good.
I had the Quirrin pace/speed fig option, so I looked at that screen a lot, to avoid using slow paced races. When I was playing just one track, I would actually do the fulcrum thing and only use lines that met the projected second call and did fairly food with that. I hit more prices that way than any other.
This is still my second favorite program of all time, K Gen being the first.

ldiatone
02-10-2011, 10:59 AM
thanks tom. been so long since i used. its on a old lap top w/ dial up don't use it much.
john

ldiatone
02-10-2011, 11:02 AM
I used to put in 2-3 representative lines, if there were that many, then cut it back to one line per horse after looking at the rankings screen - deleting the worse lines for each horse. Worked pretty well for me. I tried to have the three best early and three best late in the race, and sometime that was only three horses. As a rule of thumb, best of last two was pretty good.
I had the Quirrin pace/speed fig option, so I looked at that screen a lot, to avoid using slow paced races. When I was playing just one track, I would actually do the fulcrum thing and only use lines that met the projected second call and did fairly food with that. I hit more prices that way than any other.
This is still my second favorite program of all time, K Gen being the first.
i used the 2 line average. tom, did you know one can change the "SR" at the end of pace line in the line selection screen? i played w/ that for a while but went back to default.

Sparky13
02-11-2011, 07:53 AM
Thanks Tom for your response to my question on MPH. What is the K Gen software program you referenced as your favorite? I have never heard of that one.

Thanks again.