PDA

View Full Version : Glad to be here

kingoftherapids
02-08-2011, 05:32 PM
i've been a member of a few other horse racing boards for a while, and i just want to introduce myself here. I live about a mile from oaklawn park in hot springs, ar, and i hope to provide some insight and insider info on some ponies here. right now the best three year old we have on the grounds is elite alex... you guys better watch for this one. winslow homer and havre de grace have been breezing beautiful in the mornings and the stables of larry jones, ingrid mason, and randy morse are all sending out many live horses. allen milligan bagged 4 a couple of sundays ago, so he is really starting to heat up. any questions that you guys have shoot em my way... i go into the barns many mornings and i hang out with the jocks and trainers a lot so i'll be throwing some live ones your way!!! :jump::jump::jump:

castaway01
02-08-2011, 07:06 PM
As Keith Richards would say, "Glad to be here...glad to be anywhere." Welcome.

cj's dad
02-08-2011, 07:32 PM
Good post - welcome

IRISHLADSTABLE
02-08-2011, 07:48 PM
Welcome Aboard

Jimmy

Ocala Mike
02-08-2011, 09:43 PM
Welcome. When is OP gonna run again, sometime in March?

Hey, Jimmy, like your avatar. Is that Ed Kranepool?

Ocala Mike

lamboguy
02-08-2011, 09:55 PM
elite alex grabbed a quarter in his race that he broke bad and closed for second. he is a nice horse, i hope they were able to keep him going with that injury, if they did he will be tough in the prep race.

lamboguy
02-08-2011, 09:56 PM
i've been a member of a few other horse racing boards for a while, and i just want to introduce myself here. I live about a mile from oaklawn park in hot springs, ar, and i hope to provide some insight and insider info on some ponies here. right now the best three year old we have on the grounds is elite alex... you guys better watch for this one. winslow homer and havre de grace have been breezing beautiful in the mornings and the stables of larry jones, ingrid mason, and randy morse are all sending out many live horses. allen milligan bagged 4 a couple of sundays ago, so he is really starting to heat up. any questions that you guys have shoot em my way... i go into the barns many mornings and i hang out with the jocks and trainers a lot so i'll be throwing some live ones your way!!! :jump::jump::jump:do you have any influence on the weather, or the track maintenance crew?

just kidding

IRISHLADSTABLE
02-08-2011, 10:32 PM
Welcome. When is OP gonna run again, sometime in March?

Hey, Jimmy, like your avatar. Is that Ed Kranepool?

Ocala Mike

Hi Mike ,

Yes it is. my friends always teased me that only I
could idolize a 260 lifetime hitter .
My man Steady Eddie Kranepool

Jimmy

DeanT
02-08-2011, 10:44 PM
As Keith Richards would say, "Glad to be here...glad to be anywhere." Welcome.

:D Funniest line I have heard in 2011. Love it.

Welcome!

raybo
02-09-2011, 01:51 AM
I suppose OP is still "old schooling it" and not offering more superfecta races, or the 10 cent variety? Those guys sure are stubborn! I probably know about OP more than any other track, having broken into the game by studying the Form and results for that track for a couple of years, day in day out, before ever betting a dime on horse racing.

Welcome to the forum!!

kingoftherapids
02-09-2011, 02:37 AM
we should be able to race saturday and sunday this weekend. depends on how much snow we get. being in a national park prevents us from putting any chemicals on the track to dry it up and keep it unfrozen...

oaklawn does offer 10 cent supers in race 4 and 9 and 50 cent tri's in all of the races. stilll have a long way to go but 50 cent tri's 2 years ago was a HUGE deal. now they need to make the classix (pick 6) one dollar, put in rolling pick 3's, an early pick 4, and rolling doubles and we would be okay.

elite alex went about 7 wide in the turn after almost throwing calvin over the top of his head at the start. needed 6 staples after the race on his foot from where he fell to the ground. i have a list of runners that i have observed in the mornings that are pretty good in the workouts if you guys want it. please pm me and i will send u the attachment

The_Knight_Sky
02-09-2011, 01:56 PM
Eddie Kranepool rocked.

If he can get a response on this forum,
I should look for a new George "The Stork" Theodore avatar.

And oh, welcome to Kingoftherapids. :ThmbUp:

Dave Schwartz
02-09-2011, 02:03 PM
Welcome! This is a great place to talk horses (or Kranepools).

IRISHLADSTABLE
02-09-2011, 03:14 PM
http://mlb.mlb.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=123222

castaway01
02-09-2011, 07:22 PM
:D Funniest line I have heard in 2011. Love it.

Welcome!

Thanks Dean...he did say that at about half the shows, especially after the "coconut tree" incident...

nijinski
02-09-2011, 07:35 PM
Welcome to the board!!

CBedo
02-10-2011, 02:40 AM
Welcome aboard and good luck putting up with all of us!

precocity
02-10-2011, 10:39 AM
need some lively horses cant hit nothing at that track.... :(