PDA

View Full Version : New NYRA show

tzipi
02-08-2011, 05:08 PM
NYRA starts a new show, The National Racing Report. Starts on Feb 12th on NYRA network channel 71 on Time Warner. Will be hosted by Andy Serling and Jason Blewitt and it wil preview upcoming weekend stakes races from NY and around the country and will recap races from past weekends. Schedule is Sat and Wed mornings. Should be fun. :ThmbUp:

point given
02-08-2011, 05:39 PM
Will it be available on MSG + like the replay show ? or just local NY TW 71 ?

the little guy
02-08-2011, 05:40 PM
Just Ch. 71 which is the NYRA Network.

point given
02-08-2011, 05:44 PM
Too bad, thanks.

castaway01
02-08-2011, 05:44 PM

Do you know if it will be up on YouTube like "Trips and Traps"?

Edited: Sorry, didn't realize we were talking about an entire half-hour show. It might not be a bad idea to put it up online for those who don't get that channel, but I know that's unlikely.

PhantomOnTour
02-08-2011, 05:47 PM
I've never understood why TVG or HRTV doesn't do a nightly (or twice weekly in this case) HorseCenter type show that recaps the days action. Surely in this game there are enough races and things of note taking place daily that a 30min show would be easy to fill. I would watch it every day.
Glad that something like this is happening; sad that I can't watch it in Louisiana.
Good luck with the show ya'll. :ThmbUp:

the little guy
02-08-2011, 06:12 PM
Do you know if it will be up on YouTube like "Trips and Traps"?

Edited: Sorry, didn't realize we were talking about an entire half-hour show. It might not be a bad idea to put it up online for those who don't get that channel, but I know that's unlikely.

It's been discussed and we'll see what we can do as we go forward.

toetoe
02-08-2011, 06:42 PM
Andy,

Just a quick derailment to commend you for the endorsement of the 68-bucker Saturday. Being a typical track degenerate, I bemoaned the fact that a 50/1 morning liner paid only $68. :D

Charlie D
02-08-2011, 06:48 PM

This is problem with racing folk, they discuss,talk, argue instead of just doing what's right.

the little guy
02-08-2011, 06:54 PM
This is problem with racing folk, they discuss,talk, argue instead of just doing what's right.

Honestly, this is unbelievable.

Some responses around here sink to new lows on a daily basis.

Charlie D
02-08-2011, 07:09 PM
Honestly, this is unbelievable.

Some responses around here sink to new lows on a daily basis.

Interesting response from our resident NYRA representitive. Have you been talking lessons from Mr David Israel of the CHRB???

castaway01
02-08-2011, 07:25 PM

I know there are regulatory roadblocks, thanks for the reply. I enjoy the shows you do provide as well as the chats, always respect your opinion.

castaway01
02-08-2011, 07:27 PM
Interesting response from our resident NYRA representitive. Have you been talking lessons from Mr David Israel of the CHRB???

Isn't Andy saying that it's not his call, and to think otherwise would be silly? I realized I asked a dumb question and edited it. Personally I thought your response was silly too---like he can just snap his fingers and air the show wherever.

classhandicapper
02-08-2011, 07:31 PM

One thing I used to enjoy years ago was when Harvey Pack used to bring in guest handicappers like Paul Cornman etc... It might be nice to hear the analysis of handicappers that don't have the DRF or TV as a forum to express their opinions just for a change of pace and occasional fresh idea.

Cardus
02-08-2011, 07:31 PM

Relevance, chap?

It's a television show. C'mon, bro.

tzipi
02-08-2011, 08:36 PM

They just got this new great horse racing show started and you want the world already. They haven't even aired their first show yet. Relax and give them a little time.

PaceAdvantage
02-09-2011, 11:11 AM
This is problem with racing folk, they discuss,talk, argue instead of just doing what's right.Seriously....WTF?

No need to answer that rather rhetorical question....best to just let the nonsense go for a change.

Canarsie
02-09-2011, 12:02 PM
Just got a tweet that Yonkers could be on that channel within a week.

OTM Al
02-09-2011, 12:33 PM

Rule number 5. No matter how good something is, some horseplayer will bitch about it.

JustRalph
02-09-2011, 11:21 PM
Admit it Charlie, you stepped in it. :lol:

You're inner voice came out.......... :lol:

Charlie D
02-10-2011, 06:30 AM
Admit it Charlie, you stepped in it. :lol:

You're inner voice came out.......... :lol:

Just told it as i see it JR and as our board leader stated "letting the nonsense go."

Phantombridgejumpe
02-10-2011, 08:07 AM
I often watched at 9:30 in the morning on MSG+, that seems to have been lost to a sports radio show.

I always thought that was a good time for the show, I don't know if they have been putting it on at a different time in the morning or not, but I haven't seen it.

I'm in Jersey and don't have the Ch 71 option.

Good Luck with the new show.

FantasticDan
02-10-2011, 11:52 AM
I often watched at 9:30 in the morning on MSG+, that seems to have been lost to a sports radio show.

I always thought that was a good time for the show, I don't know if they have been putting it on at a different time in the morning or not, but I haven't seen it.
They moved it to 6:30 am.

Phantombridgejumpe
02-10-2011, 11:53 AM
That isn't terrible for me Dan...

PaceAdvantage
02-12-2011, 05:04 AM
Rumor has it this show has a good chance to be made available on the NYRA website...stay tuned...

Grits
02-12-2011, 08:57 AM
Rumor has it this show has a good chance to be made available on the NYRA website...stay tuned...

Now, THIS will be good news. The show will reach so many more people. An extremely good thing.

johnhannibalsmith
02-12-2011, 01:04 PM
I sure wish that I had programming like this available locally. To you folks that produce, host, and disseminate this stuff - thanks - it is more important than it probably gets credit for.

There was a time when between sports, school, etc - I had all but lost interest in racing, but it was Mike Veitch and Mark Cusano on Down The Stretch on CapitolOTB every Saturday morning that not only helped keep my interest, but probably actually encouraged me to realize where my heart really was.

the little guy
02-13-2011, 09:21 PM
I sure wish that I had programming like this available locally. To you folks that produce, host, and disseminate this stuff - thanks - it is more important than it probably gets credit for.

There was a time when between sports, school, etc - I had all but lost interest in racing, but it was Mike Veitch and Mark Cusano on Down The Stretch on CapitolOTB every Saturday morning that not only helped keep my interest, but probably actually encouraged me to realize where my heart really was.

That's nice of you to say...and I appreciate it.

A lot has been done to make the shows ( Wednesday and Saturday ) available for viewing on the website. I expect this to happen sooner than later and will post when I know for sure.

PhantomOnTour
02-13-2011, 09:43 PM
That's nice of you to say...and I appreciate it.

A lot has been done to make the shows ( Wednesday and Saturday ) available for viewing on the website. I expect this to happen sooner than later and will post when I know for sure.
That would be great for all the out of state NY racing fans. A lot of folks' racing "season" really kicks in with the Derby chase and the move off the inner at Aqu. The timing of this show is just what we need. :ThmbUp:

"Can't wait!"
-Bart Scott

andicap
02-14-2011, 05:04 PM
When Harvey Pack's show first started -- back then it was on SportsChannel NY which I believe now is Fox Sports NY -- back in the 70s, it was a lot more handicapping oriented than the show became in the later years and after he left.
He would almost always have a good handicapper or intelligent guest on who would offer cogent comments on each race. (Eventually they just showed replays with almost no commentary.)

I would watch the show almost nightly with my dad and it really fostered our common interest in handicapping and racing. He had Paul Cornman on a lot I recall and other friends of his.

Hope the new show pops up on the NYRA website --

:ThmbUp:

fiveouttasix
02-14-2011, 05:29 PM
I used to enjoy watching trainer Phil Johnson on that show with Harvey.

the little guy
02-16-2011, 10:24 AM
The show will be streaming at 10:30 every Wednesday ( Thursday next week ) and Saturday going forward....hopefully including today ( five minutes ). There is a link on the nyra.com home page, you can't miss it on the right near the top, but this link should work as well....

http://www.nyra.com/NYRANetwork/index.html

Tom
02-16-2011, 11:00 AM
Live only?

the little guy
02-16-2011, 11:25 AM
Live only?

That's actually the taped replay. But it can only be viewed the one time.

Charlie D
02-16-2011, 12:06 PM
The show will be streaming at 10:30 every Wednesday ( Thursday next week ) and Saturday going forward....hopefully including today ( five minutes ). There is a link on the nyra.com home page, you can't miss it on the right near the top, but this link should work as well....

http://www.nyra.com/NYRANetwork/index.html

The National Racing Report
Saturday and Wed 10.30-11.00am

"This video is not currently available"

andicap
02-16-2011, 12:26 PM
That's actually the taped replay. But it can only be viewed the one time.

So it's a taped replay that can only be seen at 10:30 a.m. Wed.?

the little guy
02-16-2011, 12:40 PM
The National Racing Report
Saturday and Wed 10.30-11.00am

"This video is not currently available"

It was on if you watched at 10:30 eastern time as I already stated.

Charlie D
02-16-2011, 12:49 PM
It was on if you watched at 10:30 eastern time as I already stated.

so it's as Andicap stated above.

Not much use to those that can't get gain access at the scheduled time then.

PaceAdvantage
02-16-2011, 05:20 PM
so it's as Andicap stated above.

Not much use to those that can't get gain access at the scheduled time then.So it was a problem earlier in this thread when it was stated the show might not be on the web at all...now that it's on the web, still more problems...

How about "Hey, a step in the right direction...thanks for making it available on the web...."

johnhannibalsmith
02-16-2011, 05:25 PM
Thanks Andy, et al.

:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Charlie D
02-16-2011, 05:41 PM
So it was a problem earlier in this thread when it was stated the show might not be on the web at all...now that it's on the web, still more problems...

How about "Hey, a step in the right direction...thanks for making it available on the web...."

How about. "Hey, lets do it things right for a change" or Hey, " Lets not keep licking NYRA ass"

PaceAdvantage
02-16-2011, 05:45 PM
How about. "Hey, lets do it things right for a change" or Hey, " Lets not keep licking NYRA ass"Common courtesy does not equate to ass licking.

Stop being a prick of the highest magnitude.

PaceAdvantage
02-16-2011, 05:50 PM
I blame myself for allowing the decorum here on this board to decline markedly over the years. We have folks like Charlie D thinking it's AOK to jump down people's throats if he perceives that he has been slighted on an international level.

This just can't fly anymore. I'm tired of the personal attacks and the mudslinging that people seem to think can freely occur here whenever they wish.

Charlie D
02-16-2011, 06:00 PM
And i blame myself for thinking FREEDOM OF SPEECH was allowed on PA.

PaceAdvantage
02-16-2011, 06:13 PM
And i blame myself for thinking FREEDOM OF SPEECH was allowed on PA.When was the last time one of your posts was edited or deleted by a moderator?

And need I remind you that this is a privately owned and operated website. The only freedom of speech anyone has around here is what I allow.

Charlie D
02-16-2011, 06:15 PM
This just can't fly anymore. I'm tired of the personal attacks and the mudslinging that people seem to think can freely occur here whenever they wish.

Oh btw and where the hell is the personal attack?? Where is the post that is insulting Andy Serling or anyone else on this thread??

PaceAdvantage
02-16-2011, 06:16 PM
Oh btw and where the hell is the personal attack?? Where is the post that is insulting Andy Serling or anyone else on this thread??I was speaking in a much broader sense with that sentence...talking about the message board as a whole.

Certainly you've witnessed the massive increase in personal attacks going on here on a daily basis. Hell, we even had an outbreak in the harness section....

Charlie D
02-16-2011, 06:30 PM
I was speaking in a much broader sense with that sentence...talking about the message board as a whole.

Certainly you've witnessed the massive increase in personal attacks going on here on a daily basis. Hell, we even had an outbreak in the harness section....

OK,but it seemed to me you were implying i'd made a personal attack somewhere in this thread and yes it does seem that civil discussion/ debate is not at the top of some members lists of late.

cj
02-16-2011, 08:54 PM
I don't get why it isn't archived, but there is probably a reason. I'm certainly willing to give them time past the very first day. Hell, I wish they'd archive Talking Horses at least until the race day is over.

tribecaagent
02-16-2011, 09:08 PM
Oh btw and where the hell is the personal attack?? Where is the post that is insulting Andy Serling or anyone else on this thread??

You wrote this is response to TLG:

"This is problem with racing folk, they discuss,talk, argue instead of just doing what's right."
February 8th, 2011
Title of thread - New NYRA Show

I don't know. Is this insulting or a personal attack? You tell me.

Charlie D
02-17-2011, 05:22 AM
You wrote this is response to TLG:

"This is problem with racing folk, they discuss,talk, argue instead of just doing what's right."
February 8th, 2011
Title of thread - New NYRA Show

I don't know. Is this insulting or a personal attack? You tell me.

If that post is insulting or a personal attack PA can ban me for good

Charlie D
02-17-2011, 05:28 AM
You seem to be able to write what you like about Socal and other racing, but write anything about NYRA and you get this BS.

Sort the bias out PA imho.

PaceAdvantage
02-17-2011, 10:52 AM
You seem to be able to write what you like about Socal and other racing, but write anything about NYRA and you get this BS.

Sort the bias out PA imho.What BS? Seriously...what BS?

You wrote something, others responded. Your posts were not edited or deleted. You haven't been banned. Exactly what BULLSHIT are you referring to?

If you don't want to deal with a response, don't post.

Charlie D
02-17-2011, 10:56 AM
What BS? Seriously...what BS?

You wrote something, others responded. Your posts were not edited or deleted. You haven't been banned. Exactly what BULLSHIT are you referring to?

If you don't want to deal with a response, don't post.

If i've not been banned so i've not insulted anyone or made personal attacks on someone, so the BS is me being accused of this isn't it??

And i will take your advice, i won't post, because i want no part in a place where this happens

You can even remove me from members list. Thanks in advance

Phantombridgejumpe
02-17-2011, 10:56 AM
No need to lower yourself to his level on this one.

He writes a comment about a body part getting licked and then claims to have no idea what was out of bounds.

The more he posts the more he digs himself a hole, you should not do the same.

Charlie D
02-17-2011, 10:58 AM
No need to lower yourself to his level on this one.

He writes a comment about a body part getting licked and then claims to have no idea what was out of bounds.

The more he posts the more he digs himself a hole, you should not do the same.

Here's another jumping in.

Take me off your members list PA,

Good luck

Cardus
02-17-2011, 04:28 PM

Sort the bias out PA imho.

This is a good start for NYRA. It's a nice effort, and this production will improve, without question.

If other racing jurisdictions are offering these new products, how do they compare to NYRA's?

NYRA takes a lot of unrealistic abuse in Internet Land. That, too, is without question.

the little guy
02-24-2011, 09:28 PM
Today's show is available on the nyra.com homepage. Hopefully every midweek show ( normally on Wednesday ) will be posted going forward.

bigmack
02-24-2011, 10:17 PM
Nice job. :ThmbUp:

One criticism about the set design/camera angle. While I can understand them wanted to plant the name of the show in the shot, it's taking up about half the screen space.

With you two so high up in the shot it appears you're sitting at a desk 6' high. The size of the logo is overstated.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/2_24_11_19_07_37.jpg

Additionally, you guys are mic'd yet you hear quite a bit of room noise. Have them dampen the acoustics of the room to lessen ambient sounds.

If you have any say.

Nochalk
02-24-2011, 10:23 PM
Today's show is available on the nyra.com homepage. Hopefully every midweek show ( normally on Wednesday ) will be posted going forward.

Just watched the show. It's good. Summarizes what happened on the weekend with lots of video and TLG's opinions (accompanied with research data he has dug up) of what happened, and what may transpire as a result in upcoming races. Sometimes, I even I agree with him.

tribecaagent
02-24-2011, 11:29 PM
TLG, if I were to ask for your proudest achievements at NYRA, i'd say you're probably too modest to admit them.

Let me say that you're doing a tremendous job. With everything.

Cardus
02-25-2011, 06:01 PM
Nice job. :ThmbUp:

One criticism about the set design/camera angle. While I can understand them wanted to plant the name of the show in the shot, it's taking up about half the screen space.

With you two so high up in the shot it appears you're sitting at a desk 6' high. The size of the logo is overstated.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/2_24_11_19_07_37.jpg

Additionally, you guys are mic'd yet you hear quite a bit of room noise. Have them dampen the acoustics of the room to lessen ambient sounds.

If you have any say.

Predictable.

I'd say that there have been many positive changes in the way NYRA has been presented over the last two years.

bigmack
02-25-2011, 06:42 PM
Predictable.
I'd say that there have been many positive changes in the way NYRA has been presented over the last two years.If he has any say in things like set design, camera angle, etc.

Cardus
02-25-2011, 07:01 PM
If he has any say in things like set design, camera angle, etc.

Yeah, I know.

bigmack
02-25-2011, 07:08 PM
I'm lost. What's predictable and what do you know?