PDA

View Full Version : Marines already in Pakistan?

smf
09-15-2001, 10:55 PM
Sorry if this is on tv already.

http://www.kashmirtimes.com/world.htm

Not sure of the validity of the site. The "green seals" are the Marines per another site. If this is true, then things happened mighty quick.

4thandlong
09-15-2001, 11:45 PM
I'm somewhat doubtful. On the same site, under a Sept 15 dateline, they said there were 25,000 killed in the Tuesday attacks. Hard to take their journalism seriously when they say that.

smf
09-16-2001, 12:11 AM
4th&long,

Maybe I'm mising something but here's the #'s they have on the site for 9/15. Looks accurate to me.

clip>>>And with hundreds dead and almost 5,000 missing after Tuesday’s attacks, Americans were cautious about a ground invasion that might result in the loss of more US lives. Just 55 per cent supported that strategy.

.....Those casulaty #'s are accurate.

Still, I can't verify for the sites reputation-- never came across it before.

On the site I look at (non-racing) it was noted early on that this administration would possibly do things differently than it's predecessors. In "conflicts" past, we've seen the media tag along for every battle it seems. Don't expect to see that w/ this group. Very possible things are happening right now.

Don't expect John Tesch and Entertainment Tonight to cover each and every move (like in the past) with John tinkling fancy on the ivory's and giving commentation on "beautifully orchestrated launches of color-coordinated pretty rockets".

4thandlong
09-16-2001, 12:27 AM
smf, on the front page of the site click on "Pak Buckles Under US Pressure". At the end of the first paragraph it states: "...terrorist attacks in Washington and new York that killed an estimated 25,000 people."

I agree there will be a lot of covert stuff happening, therefore don't totally rule out this has happened. Just got me thinking "say what?" when I read that.

Tom
09-16-2001, 11:30 AM
I heard that some businessmen on the West coast are trying to raine $1 Billion to offer as a bounty for Osama Bin Laden. Has anyone heard about this? Should be interesting to see how long these brain-dead animals over there stand behind their religion with all that cash on the line.

Also, big thanks to Finger Lakes Raced Track-they donated all admissions and program sales yesterday to the relief effort. Maybe DRF will donate some of the $5 they are still charging for a striped down paper?

Tom

smf
09-16-2001, 08:42 PM
Not certain of this media outlet's trustworthiness, either. If it's not, disregard. Story is about the 82nd and 101rst Airborne, and other possible movements in that region.

http://bbs.austin360.com/cgi-bin/interact/BBS/generate_post.cgi?oldmid=1&mid=854189&Board=100texas

The above poster is a native Paki whose personal view of this mess is interesting, I think. His first post explaining his view of it, is here below in the 2nd link (and w/b gone sometime Monday since traffic on the bbs is pretty hot).

http://bbs.austin360.com/cgi-bin/interact/BBS/generate_post.cgi?oldmid=1&mid=853038&Board=100texas

I promise not to clog up the space w/ this stuff but some of this is of interest, imo.