PDA

View Full Version : Government Employees Get 15% Pay Raise

Ocala Mike
02-07-2011, 10:20 PM
IN EGYPT! Seems the Mubarek administration, as a gesture to END the uprising, has just given an across the board pay raise of 15% to all public employees.

I suggest that if and when demonstrations in this country ever get out of hand, the Obama administration would be adding gasoline to the fire if they were to do the same thing.

Make of this what you will.

Ocala Mike

Tom
02-07-2011, 10:35 PM
That sphinx.
Some sort of pyramid scheme?
If he thinks that will help, Mubarack is in de nile.

JustRalph
02-08-2011, 02:51 AM
That sphinx.
Some sort of pyramid scheme?
If he thinks that will help, Mubarack is in de nile.

First u apologize to a monkey (obvious species bias) and now you insult a culture that is over a gazillion years old and their fearless leaders cat?
You then misuse a phonetic pronunciation just to make a teasing reference to an entire country on the brink and their famous river?

You sir are full on Msnbc material!
;)

ArlJim78
02-08-2011, 07:55 AM
I read somewhere that 70% of the jobs in Egypt are government jobs, so the 15% increase might actually have a big effect.

newtothegame
02-08-2011, 08:40 AM
I read somewhere that 70% of the jobs in Egypt are government jobs, so the 15% increase might actually have a big effect.
Actually jim....I think its about 6 million people.
population is about 80 million.....
If those numbers are correct, would be about 7.5 percent...
But still a large percentage of government workers...

ArlJim78
02-08-2011, 09:52 AM
Actually jim....I think its about 6 million people.
population is about 80 million.....
If those numbers are correct, would be about 7.5 percent...
But still a large percentage of government workers...
actually the labor force is listed as only 26 million people, so 6 million is a much higher percentage of the actual number of people working. I may have misinterpreted or misheard the 70% number.