PDA

View Full Version : Mike McCarthy idiot coaching

Zippy Chippy
02-06-2011, 08:00 PM
I was gonna add this to the horrible coaching thread .....

No announcer or anyone would ever ever ever say anything and it drives me nuts.

Pack get the ball at the 25 yard line.. 1st down with 2:30 LEFT.

WHY IN THE WORLD wouldn't you run the next play, get to the 2 min warning and control the last possession of the 1st half?

Instead they throw a TD and give the ball to pitt w/ 2:30 left and they score. It makes ZERO sense. I know it sounds stupid since they scored a TD, but i was sitting here yelling for them to get it as close to the half as they can. NO announcer would ever ever say anything.

EVEN when GB scored i said that was the dumbest thing ive ever seen in my life. They'd be better off kicking 3 w/ no time left than to give it to pitt w/ 230 left.

Dahoss9698
02-06-2011, 08:12 PM
Their defense had shut down Pitt up to that point. The dumbest thing you have ever seen in your life is them scoring a touchdown? Maybe no announcer would ever say anything because it's ridiculous to criticize a team for scoring.

Zippy Chippy
02-06-2011, 08:15 PM
Their defense had shut down Pitt up to that point. The dumbest thing you have ever seen in your life is them scoring a touchdown? Maybe no announcer would ever say anything because it's ridiculous to criticize a team for scoring.

But why would you give them a free chance to score? I freaking knew they'd shove it down their throat. I will never understand why teams are in such a rush.. Scoring before the 2 min warning was retarded. Pitt had it over midfield by the 2 min warning.

Dahoss9698
02-06-2011, 08:21 PM
But why would you give them a free chance to score? I freaking knew they'd shove it down their throat. I will never understand why teams are in such a rush.. Scoring before the 2 min warning was retarded. Pitt had it over midfield by the 2 min warning.

What are you talking about? Have you been drinking?

Their defense had been great up to that point. It's the Super Bowl. When you get a chance to score, you score. How many opportunities against the Pitt defense do you think they are going to have to score? Offense did their part and they were hoping the defense did theirs.

thaskalos
02-06-2011, 08:24 PM
But why would you give them a free chance to score? I freaking knew they'd shove it down their throat. I will never understand why teams are in such a rush.. Scoring before the 2 min warning was retarded. Pitt had it over midfield by the 2 min warning."Give them a free chance to score"? They had stopped them for 21.5 minutes...why would G.B. be afraid of them with 2 minutes left?

Zippy Chippy
02-06-2011, 08:28 PM
"Give them a free chance to score"? They had stiffled them for 21.5 minutes...why would G.B. be afraid of them with 2 minutes left?

GUYS WHAT JUST HAPPENED???

No im not drunk

Look what happened.. Exactly what i thought would happen. .Everyone here thought i was crazy too. When GB scored, i said that was retarded.. I would never ever ever rush to score, and hand the ball to a 2 time superbowl winner w/ 2 Timeouts and the 2 min warning.. Who cares what happened up to this point. Pitt scored just like i said would happen.. Its stupid to score quick. Run the ball. Then u have 2nd and 8 w/ 2 mins left. .. Then a couple plays and u are at the half..I will stick by this forever. This is nothing new. I say this ALL THE TIME. THink outside the box.. Just because they scored it doesn't necessarily mean its good.

horses4courses
02-06-2011, 08:30 PM
The only gripe you could have with this (as it's perfectly normal) is that you bet the UNDER......... :bang:

Zippy Chippy
02-06-2011, 08:31 PM
Obviously i knew this wouldn't be a popular thing to post , and i would 100% stick by what i say. I was thinking it the second they got the 1st down and the clock said 2:45 and counting, im saying, "run the ball, run it to the 2 min warning" The pass it and Mike McCarthy is celebrating, Im thinking, "Why are you celebrating, you idiot, pitt gets the ball back and will score"

I know backwards thinking but Id be wanting to get to the half w/ an 18 pt lead and not 11..

Zippy Chippy
02-06-2011, 08:32 PM
The only gripe you could have with this (as it's perfectly normal) is that you bet the UNDER......... :bang:

LOL.. I have the OVER :-)

OH im happy with what happened, but its just so DUMB. Im not result oriented. If i see something i dont agree with whether it helps me or not i will comment.

(by the way, here come the PITTSBURGH CALLS)

Dahoss9698
02-06-2011, 08:51 PM
Obviously i knew this wouldn't be a popular thing to post , and i would 100% stick by what i say. I was thinking it the second they got the 1st down and the clock said 2:45 and counting, im saying, "run the ball, run it to the 2 min warning" The pass it and Mike McCarthy is celebrating, Im thinking, "Why are you celebrating, you idiot, pitt gets the ball back and will score"

I know backwards thinking but Id be wanting to get to the half w/ an 18 pt lead and not 11..

It's just funny to me that you assume GB can score whenever they want.

Zippy Chippy
02-06-2011, 09:16 PM
It's just funny to me that you assume GB can score whenever they want.

I never said that. WHy would u rush around like your butts are on fire??????????? Take your time.. The game is over now because GB rushed. Talk about all the momentum going into the half. Now GB can't do anything. if they went in up 17-3 or 21-3 the game would be over. Now Pitt will probably win. Plus it doesn't help that no GB receiver can catch the ball.

Zippy Chippy
02-06-2011, 09:56 PM
Final

Pitt 32-31

Think i saw this same ending 2 yrs ago

cj
02-06-2011, 10:03 PM
I understand where Zippy is coming from, but it just doesn't work that way in real life. Even if they waited a little, who says they don't score on the first play after the two minute warning and the result is the same?

Stillriledup
02-06-2011, 10:31 PM
Final

Pitt 32-31

Think i saw this same ending 2 yrs ago

WOOHOO!!

Congrats Steelers and their fans, awesome STEEL CITY BABY!

mostpost
02-06-2011, 10:39 PM
WOOHOO!!

Congrats Steelers and their fans, awesome STEEL CITY BABY!
You do know the Packers won 31-25 right?
You need to include a " :rolleyes: " icon or we will all think you are crazy.

AgainstAllOdds
02-06-2011, 10:51 PM
All I can say is "we did it without you Brett Favre :lol: ", and I think Aaron Rodgers is going to be a force to be reckoned with.

Does anyone realize when you yell at your TV, neither horses or coaches or players hear you...just curious?

Dahoss9698
02-06-2011, 10:59 PM
I understand where Zippy is coming from, but it just doesn't work that way in real life. Even if they waited a little, who says they don't score on the first play after the two minute warning and the result is the same?

And this is really all I am saying. It's not like Madden where you can wait, it's real life. Their offense was really clicking at that time and their defense was playing lights out.

Dahoss9698
02-06-2011, 11:00 PM
You do know the Packers won 31-25 right?
You need to include a " :rolleyes: " icon or we will all think you are crazy.

He's just desperate for attention.

cj's dad
02-07-2011, 08:41 PM
Why oh why did the Pack, with less than 1 minute left in the half, run a hand off which could result in a fumble ? Then on the next play let the clock run out.

Why not take a kneel down ?

Stillriledup
02-07-2011, 10:45 PM
Why oh why did the Pack, with less than 1 minute left in the half, run a hand off which could result in a fumble ? Then on the next play let the clock run out.

Sports coaches do a lot of dumb things, they're not rocket scientists.

Rookies
02-07-2011, 11:39 PM

I/we ALL said the same thing, Dennis. Assumed that he was going to take a shot with a long pass. Incredibly stupid.:confused:

stuball
02-11-2011, 11:58 AM
We can only surmise that he is less of an idiot than all the other coaches in the NFL--after all he won the super bowl...When the Pats won the super bowl
their coach was a genius...oh are u a pats fan? OK

Stuball

cj
02-11-2011, 12:37 PM
And this is really all I am saying. It's not like Madden where you can wait, it's real life. Their offense was really clicking at that time and their defense was playing lights out.

Remember Tecmo Bowl? That was classic. You could score every time, but you had to time it just right!

PhantomOnTour
02-11-2011, 12:44 PM
Remember Tecmo Bowl? That was classic. You could score every time, but you had to time it just right!
I have a standing $100 bet that I can beat anyone alive (outside of my circle of Tecmo nerds) in Tecmo Super Bowl with the Kansas City Chiefs. I am 2-0 in my bets so far, having defeated the Raiders each time....everyone loves Bo!

RaceBookJoe
02-11-2011, 02:08 PM
I have a standing $100 bet that I can beat anyone alive (outside of my circle of Tecmo nerds) in Tecmo Super Bowl with the Kansas City Chiefs. I am 2-0 in my bets so far, having defeated the Raiders each time....everyone loves Bo!

As a Redskins fan, it breaks my heart that i have to admit that i was undefeated and unstoppable with the Eagles. To beat KC all i did was key on Okoye and wait for picks if the qb threw it...same thing i did with Bo. THe Eagles had #9 aka Randall Cunningham, who didnt release his name so they could only use a number. Havent played in years, even though i found a site online to play...it just wasnt the same without the old nintendo controllers. PS: i was hard to beat in the original Tecmo Bowl using the Giants...LT could block every FG/PAT :) rbj

cj
02-11-2011, 04:34 PM

The key is the clock, and one other thing. You can block extra points with Lawrence Taylor and occasionally Howie Long. The players on offense don't matter, you can't stop anyone if they know how to play.

I see now someone else caught on with LT!

PhantomOnTour
02-11-2011, 04:39 PM
The key is the clock, and one other thing. You can block extra points with Lawrence Taylor and occasionally Howie Long. The players on offense don't matter, you can't stop anyone if they know how to play.

I see now someone else caught on with LT!
Derrick Thomas did everything LT did as far as blocking many extra points and ALL field goals. He was virtually equal to him. The key to the Chiefs was that their corners could hang with any receiving corps, including the Dolphins. You could also be Percy Snow (ILB) instead of D Thomas every play on D. Two good backs with Okoye and Barry Word, old boy DeBerg throwing the ball....unstoppable!

Ofcourse I am talking about Tecmo Super Bowl and not the original Tecmo Bowl, which had a few plays that the D couldn't stop.

cj
02-11-2011, 05:12 PM
Derrick Thomas did everything LT did as far as blocking many extra points and ALL field goals. He was virtually equal to him. The key to the Chiefs was that their corners could hang with any receiving corps, including the Dolphins. You could also be Percy Snow (ILB) instead of D Thomas every play on D. Two good backs with Okoye and Barry Word, old boy DeBerg throwing the ball....unstoppable!

Ofcourse I am talking about Tecmo Super Bowl and not the original Tecmo Bowl, which had a few plays that the D couldn't stop.

Ahhh...I was talking original.