PDA

View Full Version : Hey Christina!

TJDave
02-06-2011, 06:30 PM
Singing the National Anthem ain't about YOU!

Wished I could have reached through the screen and bitch-slapped her. :mad:

AgainstAllOdds
02-06-2011, 08:02 PM
No physical violence advocated here...including bitch slapping. That being said, she butchered the song. She left out words and sung wrong words. She obviously doesn't even know the song. As for the star of Glee's rendition of America, it would remind you of Marilyn Monroe singing Happy Birthday to JFK.

Tom
02-06-2011, 08:12 PM
Who the heck are these half time singers?
Kiss crossed with Hogwarts?
I'm going to be having nightmares tonight! :eek:

Is that girl Zena / Lucy Lawless?

prospector
02-06-2011, 08:28 PM

i hated the singing of our national anthem..fire whoever hired the bimbo..
i switched off the half time show after two songs(?)..
lucy lawless is still doing nudity in every episode of Spartacus..

alytim
02-06-2011, 08:46 PM

You're still hoping for Anita Bryant?

098poi
02-06-2011, 09:05 PM
Christina Aguilera is actually quite talented. It does boggle the mind how many people screw up the national anthem. Add her name to the list. There is no excuse for not knowing the words.

cj
02-06-2011, 09:56 PM
I think she did the NBA Finals last year just fine. She just choked today.

RaceBookJoe
02-06-2011, 10:45 PM
Hey Christina...maybe next time you can sing the National Anthem in spanish..and really sock it to the good ole USA rbj

AgainstAllOdds
02-06-2011, 10:48 PM
First the anthem gets slaughtered by Christina trying to do her best imitation of Patti LaBelle, and then the half-time show is the worst I've ever seen. Janet's wardrobe malfunction was more exciting I think. OMG, the Black Eyed Peas and Fergie sucked the big ones.

The only good thing was the Packers winning.

Let's Roll
02-06-2011, 10:52 PM
I turned the radio off after a few seconds and avoided the trainwreck.
Best anthem ever was before a baseball Allstar game a long time ago, sung by Meatloaf. He absolutely nailed it.

Robert Goren
02-06-2011, 11:07 PM

Is that girl Zena / Lucy Lawless?That ring sound you hear is promoters everywhere calling to cancel their Black Eyed Peas bookings. I think the girl's name is Fergie, not to be confused with the former far more beautiful English Princess who is sometimes called that.

Robert Goren
02-06-2011, 11:13 PM
Hey Christina...maybe next time you can sing the National Anthem in spanish..and really sock it to the good ole USA rbjMaybe next time she will sing the Mexican Anthem in Spanish at soccer match. Then there would be no chance of me hearing it.

PaceAdvantage
02-06-2011, 11:35 PM
Everyone makes mistakes...

I have never had a bad thing to say about Christina Aguilera and I ain't about to start now... :lol:

chickenhead
02-06-2011, 11:42 PM
yeah Christina is alright with me.

The Black Eyed peas sucked black eyed donkey balls tho. It was like a bad SNL parody of the Chinese opening ceremony. Terrible sound, Fergie in stupid outfit, Slash (WTF?), and the audience guys are wearing Christmas lights.

Who green-lighted that nightmare?

cj's dad
02-06-2011, 11:43 PM
So many more average American or others could sing the Nat'l Anthem so much better that I have to wonder why they do not do that.

chickenhead
02-06-2011, 11:51 PM
So many more average American or others could sing the Nat'l Anthem so much better that I have to wonder why they do not do that.

She is American, not sure if you're thinking she's not or just put that in there for some other reason. Her father was in the US military actually (I just learned). She's from pretty humble, average origins, she's just been successful.

PhantomOnTour
02-06-2011, 11:54 PM
Lemme preface this by saying that I've been drinking all day, but didn't she mess up the words?

AgainstAllOdds
02-06-2011, 11:59 PM
I envy you. I wish I'd been drinking when I listened to it:) She left out words and she messed up words. It's all over Yahoo. A little search in the morning should sort things out for you.:)

chickenhead
02-07-2011, 12:03 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/07/sports/football/07aguilera-super-bowl-pregame.html

Instead of “O’er the ramparts we watch’d, were so gallantly streaming,” Aguilera belted out, “What so proudly we watched at the twilight’s last reaming.” That line was a repeat of one she had sung a few seconds earlier, with the word “gleaming” being replaced by “reaming.”

What so proudly we watched at the twilight’s last reaming. :lol:

she got her nights mixed up I guess...

I'm sure she is mortified.

delayjf
02-07-2011, 12:03 AM
Is that girl Zena / Lucy Lawless? :lol:

It was like a bad SNL parody of the Chinese opening ceremony. Terrible sound, Fergie in stupid outfit, Slash (WTF?), and the audience guys are wearing Christmas lights. :lol:

The guys in the white outfits on the field reminded me of a sex ed cartoon about all the little sperm fighting for the egg.

As I watched it I told my wife, anyone over the age of 25 is going to hate this - the sound was horrible.

Christina has great chops but how embarashing to forget the words.

“gleaming” being replaced by “reaming.”
I think "reaming" about discribes it.

pandy
02-07-2011, 12:19 AM
She's talented but she did sing it horribly. A lot of singers today over sing and try to do too much. Rod Stewart said that once in an interview when asked about modern day singers, he said they want to show off their voices but the meaning of the song gets lost.

I've seen better groups in local bars than the Black Eye Peas, dreadful, but even worse is Usher, who has no voice, he whispers the songs.

Another thing that gets me is that people think these clowns know how to dance because they jump around a bit.

TJDave
02-07-2011, 01:04 AM
She's talented but she did sing it horribly. A lot of singers today over sing and try to do too much. Rod Stewart said that once in an interview when asked about modern day singers, he said they want to show off their voices but the meaning of the song gets lost.

I hadn't noticed she made mistakes with the lyrics. My complaint is in how she sang the melody.

Supposedly, the idea is to lead the audience in singing. The announcer even says, "Please join with blah-blah-blah in the singing of our National Anthem." Who-the-hell could sing along with that?

highnote
02-07-2011, 01:06 AM
Glad Packers won, but I'm with Delayjf -- were those sperm costumes?

I didn't like the rendition and arrangement of "America the Beautiful". I give them an A for effort for trying a new arrangement, but didn't like the style. I'm a traditionalist. The arranger overworked his canvas. "America the Beautiful" is a beautiful song. Keep it simple.

Aguilera messed up the words to the National Anthem. I can forgive anyone for doing that. It's a human error. I just would like to know who gets to choose the singers who perform the National Anthem at the Super Bowl. Aside from messing up the words, the rendition was dreadful.

As my grandfather would have said about the women who sang tonight's first two opening numbers ... "They would make great hog callers."

All week long the half time show promotion was about the Black Eyed Peas. So why did they need to bring out Slash and Usher? Not that I have anything against them, but if the Black Eyed Peas can't carry the show then find someone who can. Not only that, but to my ears the Black Eyed Peas were not that good. I saw them a few years ago on a New Year's Eve show and they sounded pretty good. Maybe they were lip syncing then. Tonight they sounded live -- maybe the sound system was bad? They got a little better toward the end of the performance, but by then the damage had been done.

The commercials were not all that good, either, IMO.

But to be honest, none of the music or commercials matter -- it's all about the game. I thoroughly enjoyed it. :ThmbUp:

Marshall Bennett
02-07-2011, 07:15 AM
Christina's performance as well as the halftime show was awful. You would think they could come up with something better for such a huge event.

pandy
02-07-2011, 07:26 AM
I hadn't noticed she made mistakes with the lyrics. My complaint is in how she sang the melody.

Supposedly, the idea is to lead the audience in singing. The announcer even says, "Please join with blah-blah-blah in the singing of our National Anthem." Who-the-hell could sing along with that?

That's an excellent point.

Tom
02-07-2011, 07:37 AM
yeah Christina is alright with me.

The Black Eyed peas sucked black eyed donkey balls tho. It was like a bad SNL parody of the Chinese opening ceremony. Terrible sound, Fergie in stupid outfit, Slash (WTF?), and the audience guys are wearing Christmas lights.

Who green-lighted that nightmare?

Let's sign them for all of our home games! :jump:

Pell Mell
02-07-2011, 08:26 AM
The standard for patriotic songs was set by Kate Smith and all others fall short.

ArlJim78
02-07-2011, 09:07 AM
call me old fashioned, but I cannot stand all these jazzed up versions of the Star Spangled Banner. They hit me like nails on a chalkboard. You know you're in trouble when they start up the song, and after 30 seconds they have only just finished "Oh Say".

Its our national song, it should be sung with the proper tempo and with as much technical proficiency as possible. It's not supposed to be a cover song, where you make your own special version with different arrangements.

Its hard enough to sing as it is, many famous people have slipped on the lyrics. Aguilera is talented and has a big powerful voice, so she could have really hit it out of the park if she would have done it traditionally. There is a time and place for everything, the National Anthem isn't the time for musical improv. but that's just me.

pandy
02-07-2011, 09:32 AM
I'm guess I'm old fashioned too, I agree with you.

DJofSD
02-07-2011, 10:05 AM
The error with the lyrics was even mentioned on the classic music station out of LA. It was said that her Wiki page was updated to include mention of her flub.

boxcar
02-07-2011, 10:39 AM
The standard for patriotic songs was set by Kate Smith and all others fall short.

Wow! Kate Smith! You're absolutely right. No one did it better than her. :ThmbUp:

Boxcar

Tom
02-07-2011, 11:18 AM
I just heard the anthem for the first time.
Is this broad mentally ill or what?
Pigs feeding sound better.

A Farting Chorus would be an improvement.

Did that lose actually think her version was some kind of art?

Don't they have a record of the anthem?
We do not need the artsy-farty morons insulting that song anymore.

I would deport that no-call broad.:ThmbDown::ThmbDown::ThmbDown:

TJDave
02-07-2011, 11:43 AM

The definitive version of "God Bless America", for sure. However, if you can listen to Ray Charles' version of "America the Beautiful" and not tear up then you don't have a patriotic bone in your body.

AgainstAllOdds
02-07-2011, 12:00 PM
Given a choice I would have loved to have heard Jim Nabors sing the National Anthem or Julieanne Hough...someone who would do it justice. Nabors has a wonderful singing voice, and Julieanne is an up and coming star. Neither would have overdone it to the point of being sickening. I despise all these cheesy renditions of a beautiful song.

DJofSD
02-07-2011, 12:24 PM
A Farting Chorus would be an improvement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agQFh6y4-jE

098poi
02-07-2011, 08:07 PM
This is good.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4880PJnO2E&feature=related

Tosh.0 recently gave her a web redemption. She is grown now and sings great.

http://tosh.comedycentral.com/video-clips/web-redemption---national-anthem-fail

cj's dad
02-07-2011, 08:19 PM
]She is American, not sure if you're thinking she's not or just put that in there for some other reason[/b]. Her father was in the US military actually (I just learned). She's from pretty humble, average origins, she's just been successful.

There is no motive here - my point is that many average Joes (male or female) could get up o the mike and do a better job that this fool.

cj's dad
02-07-2011, 08:48 PM
Rose Ann barr tops anything by CA - check this out -

http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,1889754_1889752_1889689,00.html

cj's dad
02-07-2011, 08:51 PM
I just watched this after the post and this big fat f----ng hog should have been stoned for this after grabbing her crotch and spitting on the ground after being booed by the fans in San Diego !!

What a pig she is !!

Ocala Mike
02-07-2011, 10:08 PM
I would deport that no-call broad.:ThmbDown::ThmbDown::ThmbDown:

Where would you deport her to, Tom, your Empire State? She was born on Staten Island.

Ocala Mike

ponyplayerdotca
02-07-2011, 10:23 PM
Everyone makes mistakes...

I have never had a bad thing to say about Christina Aguilera and I ain't about to start now... :lol:

...when Vegas is posting odds on the proposition bet "Will Christina Aguilera mix up the words to the National Anthem?", you have to wonder if she did it on purpose to make "those in the know" who bet accordingly a boat load of money.

That bet and the over/under on "how long will the anthem be" prop bet should never be offered because they can so easily be rigged if somebody wanted to have it done.

Taking it one step further (although with all her note fluctuations, she must have actually been singing that awful rendition yesterday)... if she was lip-synching, as many singers have done before her have at the Super Bowl (in other words, she pre-recorded those butchered lyrics), you could make the legal argument that it's fraud if any significant amounts of money were bet in Vegas on this prop bet.

The conspiracy theory in me still lives on, but you still have to wonder if she's crazy like a fox.

PaceAdvantage
02-07-2011, 10:37 PM
The article I read stated there was NO prop bet offered in Vegas on her messing up the lyrics. That was about the only bet they did NOT offer...maybe my article got it wrong?

PaceAdvantage
02-07-2011, 10:39 PM
The standard for patriotic songs was set by Kate Smith and all others fall short.This just happens to be my LEAST favorite version of God Bless America.

Call me New Fashioned I guess... :lol:

Tom
02-07-2011, 10:41 PM
Where would you deport her to, Tom, your Empire State? She was born on Staten Island.

Ocala Mike

Out of the country.
Where else do you deport people?

And, please, Staten Island has a much to do with western NY as Albania.

ponyplayerdotca
02-07-2011, 10:41 PM
The article I read stated there was NO prop bet offered in Vegas on her messing up the lyrics. That was about the only bet they did NOT offer...

In the Toronto SUN Saturday newspaper, the article listing many of the weird prop bets included that particular one.

Perhaps it was incorrect in that article, but that's where I read it before the game. So, if you are right, there is obviously no issue.

But if my source was right, there is a story there. Can anyone else confirm one way or another? Let us know if you could - cheers!

Ocala Mike
02-08-2011, 12:02 AM
And, please, Staten Island has a much to do with western NY as Albania.

You're right about that. I once spent a year in Batavia, NY one weekend.

Ocala Mike

bigmack
02-08-2011, 12:46 AM
This just happens to be my LEAST favorite version of God Bless America.
Call me New Fashioned I guess... :lol:
Take it easy on the old guy.

How is it I still confuse Kate Smith with Ethel Merman?

ZmZdqsCW8vM

toetoe
02-08-2011, 06:05 PM
I think she did the NBA ... just fine. She ... choked.

Why am I not surprised ? :sleeping:

Tom
02-09-2011, 08:45 AM
Tuesday, Green Bay held a victory rally at Lambeau Field.
Christina was invited to screw up the lyrics to We Are the Champions.

johnhannibalsmith
02-09-2011, 11:50 PM
I couldn't find a better thread to stick this into and it is trivial to the point of near meaninglessness (that never stopped anyone), so it didn't deserve any special treatment with a new thread... it at least references an aspect of the .5timeShow...

I'm sitting here, O'Reilly factor is playing on re-run and Laura Ingraham is talking about the big interview with Obama. Mind you it is Wednesday, the third day of the week following Sunday. I didn't see much of/all of his shows prior to tonight, but the dribs and drabs I did see, he's heavy, heavy on analyzing his interview. Since Ingraham - Dick Morris has waxed on it, then the hand gesture lady chimes in, now Dennis Miller has my interest on the matter...

Anyway... Back to Ms. Ingraham...

She's challenging O'Reilly on his characterization of right wing "extremist" radio talk show hosts...

(paraphrasing the exchange)

"Who, Bill, who? Who are these extremists?"

"I'm not naming names, Laura, to do so - it legitimizes these guys. Next thing you know they're doing days and days of analyzing and dissecting what I said."

Happy Birthday.... Mr.... President.....

Mr. O' Really is the "everyday" guy.

Rookies
02-10-2011, 07:34 AM
On Agua-Lola.

On another Forum, a poster wrote:
"Give her a break. Anybody could have messed up. That is a very hard song to sing IMHO!"

To which I replied:

NONSENSE !

She is a dumbass little trailer trash twerp who can't learn her own anthem properly! Disgraceful.

Right back at you is the BEST version I've ever heard, so good it's on a "Best of " collection. It was a spellbinding, mesmerizing performance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sR_KwLvf0is (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sR_KwLvf0is)

I know. I was there.

And then there's this one at about 1:50 in.

This CANADIAN knocks of 2 anthems back to back and tears the roof off in Chicago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_nQ-GNdo3E (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_nQ-GNdo3E)

cj's dad
02-10-2011, 10:31 AM
Awesome renditions - Thanx

Grits
02-10-2011, 11:57 AM
Rookies, before I even clicked on your YouTube link, I knew. I knew who you were writing about. Nobody has ever been able to touch her--not her octave range. Mariah Carey, Celine Dion, neither could touch her. Her voice was so strong, with a range so great, there's not anything she couldn't sing. Celine has a stong, beautiful voice, but not the octave range she had. The video is amazing, the strength and clarity of her voice incredible.

As far as America The Beautiful, there's only one who could bring tears to one's eyes. He'll always be the only one who could perform any piece of music, sing any song, his own way, and make "his way" the most loved for all time. No other can touch his performance . . . wish I had a nickel for every time he sang for presidents and other national functions.

I'll miss him forever, though, I still have everything he's ever done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghz4_kikLkE

90% of today's music and its artists are garbage. Not only can the majority of artists not sing, they can't perform, or entertain. Its been this way since the late 1990s, when the music industry took a nose dive. Its never recovered, and the annual Grammy Awards have confirmed this every year since.

Aside from horseracing, I love nothing more than music, and I have a whole lot of it--but hardly none of this garbage that today is pretending to be.

rastajenk
02-14-2011, 02:40 PM
I thought Miss Aguilera got pwned last night on the Grammys, too. She was in a five-woman ensemble paying tribute to Aretha; the others could sing, all Christina could do was wail. Just cause you can belt out big notes doesn't mean they go together well. Hers didn't. She was so far outclassed by the others, I thought of Rick's Natural Star. There was that much distance between her and the rest of the field.

FantasticDan
02-14-2011, 03:44 PM
1983 NBA All-Star Game. Blew the roof off..

QRvVzaQ6i8A