PDA

View Full Version : The Meadowlands Picks: Sat., Feb. 5

Teach
02-05-2011, 06:53 PM
Not a lot of time to look over tonight's "Big M" form. Cryptic comments. Skating rink outside my house here in MA. Good Luck!

Race One:

#3 Lislea Moran: "White Knight" is "red-hot"; Parked most of mile (tuff loss) at Northfield, last.

#10 Best Magic: Major danger; "Buckeye" (also hot); Last effort very speedy. Can he duplicate?

#1 Courser Hanover: Long-shot play; will likely get shuffled, then come on; needs "live" cover. No break.

#9 Zander Massimo: Solid mile last, but that was from "pylons". Lightly raced 5-year-old; "Bionic's" a plus.

Not4Love
02-05-2011, 07:01 PM
Little late but i'll go with him one more time.

Teach
02-05-2011, 07:21 PM
Race Two:

#8 J A's Outlaw: "White Knight"; Midas touch? Closed well in last at Yonkers. Admittedly, hasn't won in weeks. Is tonight the night?

#4 Distinct Color: "Orange Crush" (both halves?) Faced better at Ol' Hilltop"; Earlier efforts with trainer. Driver change makes big difference. Value.

#5 Don't Fool Me Now: Has had two straight outside posts; gets some post position relief. Retains Tetrick.

#6 Killer Quakes: "Eric The Red" Abbatiello; Has faced better; back in with kind he can handle; may be "on engine".

lamboguy
02-05-2011, 07:24 PM
if you don't mind my pick is in race 8 #6 masterstroke

Not4Love
02-05-2011, 07:36 PM
I'm using Malicious tonight. He'll be a factor early and like that last effort from the 1 hole. I expect an improvement tonight. The price is right.

Teach
02-05-2011, 07:39 PM
Race Three:

#7 AllThatGltrsIsGold: Will be moving out on the backstretch after the half (three-wide last time); Very sharp.

#1 Entry #1 Good Bad Lucky & #1A Code Word: both very solid, two very good reinsmen; main threat

#5 Whiskey Pete: Has been razor sharp; can't be ignored; might surprise.

#4 Malicious: Fits well; ships in from Willowdale Series at Woodbine. If anybody makes a mistake...

Teach
02-05-2011, 08:01 PM
Race Four:

#4 CoromandelPrince A: Aussie shipper (Everyone's talking about Australia; I've got to play this horse). Fits in this company. Brad Kramer handles "lines".

#6 Another Homer N: Gets "Green Hornet"; Post position relief. Should be there.

#2 Touch And Go: Possible "bomb" in wide-open race. Has faced better, especially at Yonkers.

#9 Stormin Rustler: Logical to hit board. Must overcome outside post.

#10 The Midnight Owl N with Jack Baggitt, Jr. is another who must overcome "the outside"; yet he might just do it.

Teach
02-05-2011, 08:14 PM
Race Five:

#4 Southwestern Dream: Can the "Flying Frenchman make like "La Grande Vitesse"? He should be "on the engine".
#3 Noble Falcon: Sears might surprise with this horse. He won last time against slightly weaker.
#1 School Kids: He was coming on in the Presidential Series final (finished fifth). Will he have that up-front pace to close into?
#5 Spy N: He just might surprise in this company, at a price. Closed well in his last in this company. Ratains "THe Hall-Of-Famer," John Campbell.

Race Six:

#2 Mr Massimo: He ran an excellent race in this company last time. No reason why he can't reprise his winning role.
#4 Blue Ridge Western: Drops down and gets some post relief. "Green Hornet" makes a big difference,
#1 Last Conquest draws the rail once again. He finished third in last effort. Capable of hitting tote.
#7 Stonebridge Wish: Retains Tim Tetrick. Has hit the tote in six straight races. A factor with these.

Race Seven:

#2 Drive All Night: drops down into potential winning situation. This Camluck-bred horse retains John Campbell.
#4 Bongo: Last time went off at 100-1 -- and won! You won't get those odds. Horse is capable of hitting tote.
#6 Toucam Sam: He's faced better. Closed to finish fourth in last. Retains Ron Pierce.
#7 Talbot Redneck: He's finished; he's finished third and first in his last two starts. "The Green Hornet" helps.
#5 Mackenzie's Bliss: THe horse has campaigned very well at Vernon Downs and "The Spa" before shipping into The Meadowlands. Might surprise.

Race Eight:

#4 Four Starzzz King: He retains Brian Sears. Comes off a winning effort; has won two of his last three.
#1 Blue Claw: Won his last against slightly weaker. Should be near or "on the engine".
#3 McClelland: He's faced tough competition in The Complex Series. He now faces the kind that he may just well handle.
#7 Johnny Absolut: He threw in a clunker in his last. Can make amends.
#5 Philos Hanover: He's in good form. Finished second in last (second in three of last four races).

lamboguy
02-05-2011, 09:35 PM
if you don't mind my pick is in race 8 #6 masterstroke

win $6.00

Teach
02-05-2011, 09:44 PM
Race Nine:

#1 Got 'Er Done: Going for some value with this drop-down. Gingras stays. Rail helps.
#7 Royal Nation: With Andy Miller. Has won two in a row. In current sharp form, he looks like a factor with these.
#5 Worthy's Magic: He's been sharp (won his last). Stepping up some; yet a factor on best.
#2 Totally De Vie: He gets Brian Sears. That should help. Might surprise and bring value.
#3 Cole Hard Cash: recently qualified. Yet he might be fit enough to pick up the pieces in a tri or super.

Teach
02-05-2011, 10:06 PM
Race Ten:

#4 Art Professor: Can he spring the upset? Yes, I'm looking for value.
#3 Tobago Cays: Ran very well earlier in year in New Jersey Green Acres Stakes at Freehold. He could surprise.
#1 Entry (#1 Versado & #1A Windsong Gorgeous): These horses, especially the #1A, look logical here.
#5 Classic Rock Nroll: He may not win it but I wouldn't want to leave him out of an exacta or tri.

Race Eleven:

#5 Presidential Order: He looks most solid here. Not much value; yet he should be there at the wire.
#1 Drop Red: He draws the rail; a factor from there. "The Hall-Of-Famer's a plus.
#3 Super Eighty Eight: He's another horse that fits. He was third last time in this company. Should be there, again.
#2 Camshaft Hanover: He finished third in his last. Will likely come from off pace. Needs speedy fractions up front.

Race Twelve:

#7 JL'S Man of Action looks very sharp. He does step up a bit; yet in his current sharp form (hit the board in four straight), he should be there.
#4 Bugatti Hanover gets Tim Tetrick. Ignore his last two. He's dropping into a potential board-hitting situation.
#8 Beau Rivage N: He was in the Presidential Series but couldn't do much. He's now in with the kind he can compete with.
#1 PH Jackpot: He could surprise from the rail. He fits in this company. Could add value to your ticket.

Race Thirteen:

#7 High Def Z Tam: He could be a surprise winner here in the finale. He has faced better.
#6 Western Edge gets Tim Tetrick. He did well at Yonkers and might surprise here.
#1 Major General had a good qualifier. He draws the rail. There's a chance he could hit the tote.
#5 Really Rockin: He's hit the board in four of his last five (one was a qualifier). He's capable of finishing off a tri or super.
#2: Mighty Young Joe: Stacy Chiodo finished fourth with this horse last time; she might just do it again to complete your superfecta.