PDA

View Full Version : What Is UP??

dartman51
02-05-2011, 03:23 PM
What is up with the line makers? Is it just me, or does it seem to be more and more horses, way under estimated by the guys that make the morning lines? I see every day, horses that are 8-1, 10-1, or 12-1, being bet down to favorites status. This morning, I'm doing my capping for the day at one of my favorite tracks, and I find a horse in the 6th, that is a STAND OUT, in my mind. At 20-1, I'm thinking "BIG SCORE", as this is the very situation I look for. The 6th race rolls around only to find my "BIG SCORE", being bet DOWN to 7/5. :mad: GENERAL CHARLEY wins like a 7/5 shot. My question is, are the lines makers getting that bad, or is the "public" just getting that good?

TS

illinoisbred
02-05-2011, 03:34 PM
I had to look for myself. 20-1 ml on General Charley was absolutely ridiculous. If he was still 1/2 the horse he was here before he left,anything much higher than 4-1 is a complete joke.

dartman51
02-05-2011, 03:44 PM
I had to look for myself. 20-1 ml on General Charley was absolutely ridiculous. If he was still 1/2 the horse he was here before he left,anything much higher than 4-1 is a complete joke.

That's what I thought. When I saw the 20-1, I started questioning what I was seeing, but the 7/5 verified that I was right. Little consolation, as it became a no bet for me.

Stillriledup
02-05-2011, 03:52 PM
Its almost as if the ML is 'automated' and there's really no person putting the numbers up there. Take the ML with a grain of salt, i too have see plenty of bizarre ML's recently.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79058&highlight=morning+line

BlueShoe
02-05-2011, 04:21 PM
Always helps to check and see what the public handicappers are selecting and then adjusting the ML to a more realistic number. Recall a race in Chicago a couple of years ago in which a runner that was black type standout best bet of the day in the DRF was lined at 10-1.:faint: It went off at 6-5 and won easily.