PDA

View Full Version : Fair Grounds Bumps purses for the 2nd time this meet

toussaud
02-05-2011, 02:41 PM
5% increase starts thursday. They did it in December as well. Good meet.,

Southieboy
03-11-2011, 09:32 PM
Fair Grounds has announced purse increases for several stakes to be contested closing weekend of the ongoing meet, most notably a $100,000 hike in the Fair Grounds Oaks. The Grade 2 Oaks on March 26 was bumped from $400,000 to $500,000. The other major race affected by the purse increase was the Mervin Muniz, which was raised from $350,000 to $400,000.

precocity
03-12-2011, 08:17 AM
thats good i like to bet fair grounds plus i was blown away when i went to louisiana downs talking about a racino man that place was impressive!!!!i mean slots machine galore its about a 3 hour drive from Dallas, what was funny i was playing some slots that were in a circle and around the top of the circle they had flat screens showing the horse racing simulcast at different tracks... :ThmbUp:

precocity
03-12-2011, 08:19 AM
thats good i like to bet fair grounds plus i was blown away when i went to louisiana downs talking about a racino man that place was impressive!!!!i mean slots machine galore its about a 3 hour drive from Dallas, what was funny i was playing some slots that were in a circle and around the top of the circle they had flat screens showing the horse racing simulcast at different tracks... :ThmbUp:

thats a good way to get some of those old Lady's that only play slots to make a bet on a horse... :lol: