PDA

View Full Version : BLINKERS OFF SHOW

GARY Z
02-05-2011, 09:38 AM
One of the most enjoyable shows , on TVG for about seven years
has been cancelled.

Does anyone have the reason for this action?

OTM Al
02-05-2011, 09:40 AM
Maybe because DRF now is aligned with another ADW?

PhantomOnTour
02-05-2011, 09:43 AM
Watchmaker will no longer be on the show. Where does it say that the show is cancelled? I watched yesterday and Watchmaker will no longer be on. Matty said nothing of the show ending...just that Mike was leaving (presumably because of the DRF wagering platform now available).

GARY Z
02-05-2011, 10:08 AM
one of my friends called with this information.

Mike Watchmaker is no longer the Co host.

What isn't necessarily clear is the show being cancelled.

:bang: :bang:

pandy
02-05-2011, 12:22 PM
The show isn't canceled. My guess is that DRF was sponsoring it and didn't want to anymore.

NY BRED
02-07-2011, 05:39 AM
That said, Dan Illman of DRF was an informative alternative,
but he too will disappear if the post above is correct.

Therfore, unless someone is lurking in the dark, this show
may well be toast.

:confused:

pandy
02-07-2011, 07:24 AM
I've been in a similar position that Mike got caught in. I was doing some regular handicapping spots, "The Handicapper's Corner, on the old "Racing from Roosevelt" with Stan Bergstein and Spencer Ross. The show ran for years, but suddenly NY OTB, who sponsored the show, decided to pull the plug and I lost a good gig.

Something similar also happened when I was doing a live cable show at Yonkers years ago, but this time the track and NY OTB couldn't decide how to split the extra handle that the show was generating, so instead of sitting down and hammering out a solution, the show was pulled and went off the air. It eventually returned after a long hiatus but by that time no one cared.

When you work in the racing industry, you never know when the hammer is going to fall.

lamboguy
02-07-2011, 08:05 AM
mike watchmaker's dad was a fixture at sulfolk downs. he used to sit in a big round table there with andy byer, mike welsh and a group of owners like harry cohen and arthur cort, handicapping horses. in those days mike welsh putout a tout sheet that the track sold for $2.00. those were the days that 10k people showed up to sulfolk on a wednesday afternoon and there were long lines at the window's, and having a table in the clubhouse was a big deal.

the little guy
02-07-2011, 08:47 AM
mike watchmaker's dad was a fixture at sulfolk downs. he used to sit in a big round table there with andy byer, mike welsh and a group of owners like harry cohen and arthur cort, handicapping horses. in those days mike welsh putout a tout sheet that the track sold for $2.00. those were the days that 10k people showed up to sulfolk on a wednesday afternoon and there were long lines at the window's, and having a table in the clubhouse was a big deal.

Good luck to this one holding up under close scutiny. There may well be some age/timing issues here. But, hey, don't let me get in the way of your fantasy.

By the way, who's Andy Byer?

lamboguy
02-07-2011, 08:57 AM
Good luck to this one holding up under close scutiny. There may well be some age/timing issues here. But, hey, don't let me get in the way of your fantasy.

By the way, who's Andy Byer?

its so nice to hear from you this morning, you brighten up everyones day

the little guy
02-07-2011, 09:01 AM
its so nice to hear from you this morning, you brighten up everyones day

I find your omnipresence inspiring.

johnhannibalsmith
02-07-2011, 09:36 AM
http://www.upj.pitt.edu/3587/

the little guy
02-07-2011, 09:49 AM
http://www.upj.pitt.edu/3587/

The only problem is that guy's Dad wasn't even born yet when that supposed Racing Roundtable was assembled.

Pretty good stats though.

Exotic1
02-07-2011, 10:25 AM
The only problem is that guy's Dad wasn't even born yet when that supposed Racing Roundtable was assembled.

Pretty good stats though.

lamboguy stated: "mike watchmaker's dad" and nothing about Andy Byer's Dad who doesn't like Suffolk Downs. tlg, which age/timing issues are you referring to, specifically?

the little guy
02-07-2011, 04:25 PM
lamboguy stated: "mike watchmaker's dad" and nothing about Andy Byer's Dad who doesn't like Suffolk Downs. tlg, which age/timing issues are you referring to, specifically?

It's not easy, and believe me, there are some very tough acts to follow around here, but I'm speechless.

lamboguy
02-07-2011, 06:20 PM
lamboguy stated: "mike watchmaker's dad" and nothing about Andy Byer's Dad who doesn't like Suffolk Downs. tlg, which age/timing issues are you referring to, specifically?i really don't think he has a clue what he is talking about. he comes from some place further away than the twighlight zone.

Exotic1
02-07-2011, 08:43 PM
Found the cure

GARY Z
02-07-2011, 10:49 PM
So, does this scenario preclude even interviews by TVG with people such as
Andy Serling due to his affiliation with NYRA which has its own wagering site?

If, so, TVG should also restrict interviews for personnel associated
with any tack offering wagering which could include trainers,jockeys.
hosts etc..

Finally, TVG is owned by Betfaire, so why alllow TVG hosts to appear on
the air and offer their "handicapping" expertise to their audience?

Tom
02-07-2011, 10:56 PM
You are asking for anyone involved in this game to make sense???

:lol:

Good one!

GARY Z
02-08-2011, 04:57 AM
Hi Tom:

rather insane scenario.

Maybe TVG would choose members of this forum to offer
a virtual reality show focusing on handicapping, ways to improve this game,
etc..

Just thought of something, I have an internet account, I'm DQ"D

:eek: :lol: