PDA

View Full Version : super bowl XLV week- worst SB week ever?

ElKabong
02-04-2011, 09:08 PM
-Horrible weather.

-NFL gets bent over in the media here b/c metroplex neighborhoods suffered rolling blackouts...Jerryworld and other nfl party sites are exempt from blackouts...meanwhile, people on kidney dialysis machines go w/o power unexpectedly....Jones and Goodell are suddenly villans (doesn't displease me)

-People from Pitts and GB are outed as fair weathered types, as these so called fan fests in Dallas and FW are less than successful...not many venture from their hotel rooms. Something about being too cold or someshit :) Some do get on tv, but the #'s are very low.

-Ice falls off the top of Jerryworld, 7 injured. One critically.

Don't bring the circus back here, please Mr nfl....Keep it in warm weather cities that wish to whore themselves to the hilt.

Valuist
02-06-2011, 03:20 PM
I know the NFL has had weather related issues in the past when they've gone the dome route in not so warm cities (Minny, Detroit, Indy). I had a friend who was in Atlanta around 10 years ago when they hosted the SB....big time ice storms. Unless you are in Miami, Tampa, San Diego, Phoenix or maybe Houston, there's going to be a chance of weather related issues.

ponyplayerdotca
02-07-2011, 11:05 PM
I know the NFL has had weather related issues in the past when they've gone the dome route in not so warm cities (Minny, Detroit, Indy). I had a friend who was in Atlanta around 10 years ago when they hosted the SB....big time ice storms. Unless you are in Miami, Tampa, San Diego, Phoenix or maybe Houston, there's going to be a chance of weather related issues.

Which is exactly why the Super Bowl should be held in one of only 4 states in a rotational system (similar to the BCS title game being either the ROSE BOWL, ORANGE BOWL, SUGAR BOWL or FIESTA BOWL as it was originally anyway).

Miami or Tampa, Florida
New Orleans, Louisiana
San Diego or Los Angeles, California
Glendale, Arizona
(although the golf tournament this weekend had frost delays!)

This non-sense of giving it to each owner that builds a new stadium is absolutely ridiculous.

SB 40 Ford Field in Detroit
SB 42 Univ. of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale
SB 45 Cowboys Stadium in Arlington (worst Super Bowl week in history)
SB 46 Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis (how was their weather this week?)

Let it be in one of four spots so people can re-visit their favorite hotels, favorite clubs and party wildly because they know where they're going and plan their trips accordingly.

bigmack
02-07-2011, 11:11 PM
Al Michaels commented on the last San Diego held Super Bowl that he thought it should be held here every year.

Climate is bang-up, the Stadium is at the ready and you can party like it's 1999.

Rookies
02-07-2011, 11:26 PM
And the final Schadenfreude kick to the stones came yesterday, as Jerry boned it up again by selling tickets without uhhh... seats !:lol:

ARLINGTON, Texas — In their zeal to set a Super Bowl attendance record, the NFL and Jerry Jones overlooked one important detail: Making sure all the temporary seats inside mammoth Cowboys Stadium had been inspected and were ready for the fans.
A week plagued by poor weather took an embarrassing turn Sunday when the league had to find replacement seats for 850 fans. The NFL also scrambled to find a place for another 400 people to sit inside Jones' US$1.2 billion palace and couldn't find any with a view of the field.

"This is absolutely ridiculous," said Glen Long, a Pittsburgh Steelers season-ticket holder who flew in for the game from Baltimore. "That would be fraud anywhere in the world if you sold tickets to an event that you knew you didn't have. That's just wrong."

What a clown!

Dahoss9698
02-07-2011, 11:40 PM
And the final Schadenfreude kick to the stones came yesterday, as Jerry boned it up again by selling tickets without uhhh... seats !:lol:

ARLINGTON, Texas — In their zeal to set a Super Bowl attendance record, the NFL and Jerry Jones overlooked one important detail: Making sure all the temporary seats inside mammoth Cowboys Stadium had been inspected and were ready for the fans.
A week plagued by poor weather took an embarrassing turn Sunday when the league had to find replacement seats for 850 fans. The NFL also scrambled to find a place for another 400 people to sit inside Jones' US$1.2 billion palace and couldn't find any with a view of the field.

"This is absolutely ridiculous," said Glen Long, a Pittsburgh Steelers season-ticket holder who flew in for the game from Baltimore. "That would be fraud anywhere in the world if you sold tickets to an event that you knew you didn't have. That's just wrong."

What a clown!

I'm not excusing this, because it was just plain stupid on everyones part. But, they did find seating for the displaced fans in the stadium and refunded their $800 tickets times 3. So essentially these displaced fans made $1600 by going to the Super Bowl.

They made a mistake and fixed it and then some.

Rookies
02-07-2011, 11:44 PM
I'm not excusing this, because it was just plain stupid on everyones part. But, they did find seating for the displaced fans in the stadium and refunded their $800 tickets times 3. So essentially these displaced fans made $1600 by going to the Super Bowl.

They made a mistake and fixed it and then some.

Ask the fans. They did not!

As per:

Fans complained that wasn't nearly enough, especially given what they had doled out for travel and hotel costs.
"They took us to a bar," said Paul Colavecchi, a displaced fan from Clearfield, Pa., who came to Texas with his sister.

That's terrific," he added sarcastically. "That's why we fronted five grand for this trip -- so we could watch the game in a bar. I didn't have to take a plane trip to Texas to watch the game on TV, and I certainly didn't buy a ticket so I could watch the game in a bar."

Dahoss9698
02-09-2011, 01:52 PM
Ask the fans. They did not!

As per:

Fans complained that wasn't nearly enough, especially given what they had doled out for travel and hotel costs.
"They took us to a bar," said Paul Colavecchi, a displaced fan from Clearfield, Pa., who came to Texas with his sister.

That's terrific," he added sarcastically. "That's why we fronted five grand for this trip -- so we could watch the game in a bar. I didn't have to take a plane trip to Texas to watch the game on TV, and I certainly didn't buy a ticket so I could watch the game in a bar."

As with most things, the truth is somewhere in the middle.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2010/news/story?id=6104356

About 1,250 fans were displaced after some temporary seating sections were not completed in time at Cowboys Stadium on Sunday in Arlington, Texas. Other seating was found for 850 fans, but 400 were forced to watch the game on monitors or use standing-room platforms.

The league initially said Monday those fans would get $2,400 -- three times the face value of the ticket -- and tickets to next season's Super Bowl. The fans also were allowed on the field after the game and given merchandise and food.

On Tuesday, the NFL added a second option: They can choose to attend any future Super Bowl instead of being limited to the 2012 game and receive round-trip airfare and hotel accommodations. If fans choose that option, they will not get the $2,400. They can wait until after the conference championship games each season to see whether their favorite team reaches the Super Bowl.

I figured it wouldn't be long before there was a lawsuit though. What a country! The NFL and Jones made a giant mistake. But IMO, what they have offered since then for the fans more than makes up for it.

cj
02-09-2011, 02:02 PM
I figured it wouldn't be long before there was a lawsuit though. What a country! The NFL and Jones made a giant mistake. But IMO, what they have offered since then for the fans more than makes up for it.

I agree, unless you are a Packers or a Steelers fan.

Dahoss9698
02-09-2011, 02:04 PM
I agree, unless you are a Packers or a Steelers fan.

I don't know...that's a lot of money for their trouble or they can go to any future Super Bowl with airfare or hotel taken care of.

cj
02-09-2011, 02:11 PM
I don't know...that's a lot of money for their trouble or they can go to any future Super Bowl with airfare or hotel taken care of.

I'm just saying if I am a real fan of the team, I think they deserve more, a lot more. They were totally screwed and may not get the chance to do see their team again any time soon. When you sell advertising for the prices the NFL did, surely they can and should offer more than they are. They chose a number that they thought would placate most people, but I think they are way low.

Imagine someone took a week's vacation for the game. Forgetting expenses for a minute, what is that worth? Add in travel, hotel, ticket, and just the overall hassle and stress, and I think many would agree the NFL is just trying to get this over with on the cheap. They lowballed and it is going to cost them, I guarantee it.

Dahoss9698
02-09-2011, 02:32 PM
I'm just saying if I am a real fan of the team, I think they deserve more, a lot more. They were totally screwed and may not get the chance to do see their team again any time soon. When you sell advertising for the prices the NFL did, surely they can and should offer more than they are. They chose a number that they thought would placate most people, but I think they are way low.

Imagine someone took a week's vacation for the game. Forgetting expenses for a minute, what is that worth? Add in travel, hotel, ticket, and just the overall hassle and stress, and I think many would agree the NFL is just trying to get this over with on the cheap. They lowballed and it is going to cost them, I guarantee it.

We'll agree to disagree. Maybe if I was in the situation I'd feel different (not that I would sue). But 3 times my money and tickets to next years game or tickets to any game and accomodations is fair to me.

Rookies
02-09-2011, 07:27 PM
Completely agree with CJ.

As someone who has been to 2 SBs, it is ALL about your team ! Next year, when your team isn't in it, is of zero consolation.

I hope they sue Jones' ass off.

cj
02-09-2011, 07:38 PM
We'll agree to disagree. Maybe if I was in the situation I'd feel different (not that I would sue). But 3 times my money and tickets to next years game or tickets to any game and accomodations is fair to me.

No problem there, I'm not big on lawsuits. But, I think they should have sat down with the group or some representatives and worked out a deal, not come up with it by themselves. That was a bad strategy.

judd
02-11-2011, 08:07 PM
i went, had no problems--had fantastic time :p :p ;)

ElKabong
02-12-2011, 02:41 PM
Multiple lawsuits already filed. Going to be fun to watch

Just when Jerry thought the nfl took the hit publicly for the seating mishaps, the fire dept cheif today pointed the finger DIRECTLY at Jerry Jones by saying it's ultimately Jones's responsibility to ensure the safe environment for fans

Jones and the nfl deflected the blame to the New York contractor that delayed finishing the job....the nfl fell on the sword to the media. Now today the fire cheif calls BS on that.
I'll lay odds that cheif is fired or resigns by end of 2011....the mayor wants that piece of stinking shit called the Super Bowl back.....and unfortunately it'll happen since the owners vote on it (not fans or goodell)

Rookies
02-14-2011, 09:05 PM
Go get that jerk off sports fans...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/13/super-bowl-class-action-lawsuit-expands/