PDA

View Full Version : Ascanio Humberto

Jay Trotter
02-04-2011, 05:22 PM
What's with the 0/45 Win stat for Trainer Ascanio Humberto?

Racing at Santa Anita - Race 8 on Saturday with Fluke

Seems like an unusual stat compared to his Graded Stakes and Away numbers. Any explaination for this?

Thanks,

Trotter:ThmbUp:

Stillriledup
02-04-2011, 06:06 PM
Humberto is his first name! :D

owlet
02-04-2011, 06:27 PM
Well "Bobbo", his mentor, went 0 for his first 38 Breeder's Cup races--you know, the ones where they police the horses real carefully beforehand :) .

PaceAdvantage
02-04-2011, 06:30 PM
Well "Bobbo", his mentor, went 0 for his first 38 Breeder's Cup races--you know, the ones where they police the horses real carefully beforehand :) .Lame. I bet you used to say the same thing about Pletcher...what happened? They give him a "hall pass?"

Spiderman
02-04-2011, 06:43 PM
He has two entered in Saturday's race, both formerly trained by the late Bobby Frankel. Each of the two has won a G1 under his training regimen. Note that his ITM rate is 47%.

Fastracehorse
02-04-2011, 06:48 PM
Lame. I bet you used to say the same thing about Pletcher...what happened? They give him a "hall pass?"

temporarily

remember Pace, they A L L have, and will again, get caught

fffastt

Jay Trotter
02-04-2011, 07:27 PM
Okay, so I deduce from the posts that Humberto Ascanio was an assistant trainer for Frankel who's barn is "known" for using chemistry and I'm guessing that it is just a bad run of luck that he is 0/45 in the win department despite a quality record overall????

It's so hard to get a straight answer sometimes....

Dahoss9698
02-04-2011, 08:07 PM
Okay, so I deduce from the posts that Humberto Ascanio was an assistant trainer for Frankel who's barn is "known" for using chemistry and I'm guessing that it is just a bad run of luck that he is 0/45 in the win department despite a quality record overall????

It's so hard to get a straight answer sometimes....

He was one of Frankel's assistants. After Frankel passed he had hoped to keep some of Frankel's horses but a good deal of them were moved to other trainers. He's had limited starters and some bad luck. He had 12 seconds last year and 7 of those were by a length or less.

ManeMediaMogul
02-05-2011, 06:10 AM
Humberto Ascanio is one of the finest horseman I have ever known. He knows more about horses and racing than anyone could ever imagine. I have known the man for over 30 years. He is a wonderful husband and father along with being and excellent trainer.

It saddens me that someone would disparage him on this forum with unfounded innuendo.

Even Hall of Fame trainers have slumps. It just makes the first few winners overlays when they break out.

I am proud to know Humberto and very pleased to call him a friend.

Jay Trotter
02-05-2011, 09:05 AM
Humberto Ascanio is one of the finest horseman I have ever known. ...

It saddens me that someone would disparage him on this forum with unfounded innuendo.

MMM, I hope you don't think that I was disparaging him because I'm not. I honestly don't know anything about him and because he has two quality runners going in the 8th at SA today, all I wanted was to learn a little about him.

Maybe you are in a better position to give a straight answer. I'm guessing it is just a run of "bad luck" that he is 0/45 Winners but has quality numbers in most other stats?

Trotter:ThmbUp:

owlet
02-05-2011, 10:04 AM
Lame. I bet you used to say the same thing about Pletcher...what happened? They give him a "hall pass?"
I see, so a guy who's who is a 20% lifetime trainer goes 0/38 and that says nothing at all to you? Just a run of bad luck?

And the fact that Pletcher became big enough to finally get horses who could win BC races regardless means that drugs and steroids aren't destroying the sport?

Ok.

PaceAdvantage
02-05-2011, 07:06 PM
It saddens me that someone would disparage him on this forum with unfounded innuendo.Correct me if I'm wrong, but nobody disparaged him. The only thing I saw was a misinterpretation by Trotter that was corrected.

PaceAdvantage
02-05-2011, 07:09 PM
I see, so a guy who's who is a 20% lifetime trainer goes 0/38 and that says nothing at all to you? Just a run of bad luck?

And the fact that Pletcher became big enough to finally get horses who could win BC races regardless means that drugs and steroids aren't destroying the sport?

Ok.All I'm saying is your notion of "they didn't win some of those BC races because they 'police better'" is nonsense.

When NYRA had the detention barn going, did Pletcher go 0 for 300?

Jay Trotter
02-05-2011, 07:17 PM
Congrats to Humberto on going one-two in the race!

:ThmbUp:

horses4courses
02-05-2011, 07:19 PM
The man always did a fine job for Bobby Frankel.

I have never had a problem betting Ascanio's horses if I like one.

Luckily, I wasn't on many of those last 38.

Didn't put me off Fluke today, though.

lamboguy
02-05-2011, 07:55 PM
every time this comes up there are lots of accusations that trainers are using secret drugs that they are smart enough to hide from the drug testers or some people say that they are paying off the testers. i would like someone to come on this board and tell us what kind of drug these trainers are using and what are the names of these drugs that perform rocket horses.

thank you

Fastracehorse
02-05-2011, 11:29 PM
All I'm saying is your notion of "they didn't win some of those BC races because they 'police better'" is nonsense.

When NYRA had the detention barn going, did Pletcher go 0 for 300?

Contessa did, lol

fffastt

TurfRuler
02-06-2011, 05:45 PM
every time this comes up there are lots of accusations that trainers are using secret drugs that they are smart enough to hide from the drug testers or some people say that they are paying off the testers. i would like someone to come on this board and tell us what kind of drug these trainers are using and what are the names of these drugs that perform rocket horses.

thank you

If we knew what drugs or who was getting the payouts, don't you know we are snitches!!! (as in telephone, telegraph, tele-internet board forum.:blush:

toetoe
02-07-2011, 05:06 PM
He is a wonderful husband and father.

So sorry to hear that, but at least we've cleared up something important. :rolleyes: .