PDA

View Full Version : partymanners videos gone

andtheyreoff
02-04-2011, 03:44 PM
partymanners videos, almost one year after they were restored on youtube, are down again.

bigmack
02-04-2011, 03:46 PM
As of when?

andtheyreoff
02-04-2011, 03:57 PM
As of when?

I checked some old threads where PM videos were posted and I found that they had been taken down due to "multiple third party notifications of copyright infringement".

Don't know if it's Jeff again, but all I know is that they have been taken down again.

cj
02-04-2011, 05:38 PM
It looks like the complaining company is from Australia.

ThoroughVisioN Pty Ltd

thorobasePA
02-04-2011, 06:45 PM
Well I'm a little more affected than others with the latest version of thorobase. But I'm not surprised that this has happened again.

A few of us got together to manually archive the collection last time this occurred, and after speaking to Jim (partymanner/KirisClown) he had started to back up his archive too, so it's not lost.

Whether YouTube is viable in the long-term for hosting these cherished replays is another matter though...

This doesn't seem to have anything to do with Jeff Mende however so perhaps the mods would consider modifying the thread title.

cj
02-04-2011, 06:51 PM
This doesn't seem to have anything to do with Jeff Mende however so perhaps the mods would consider modifying the thread title.

Done.

bigmack
02-04-2011, 07:45 PM
It looks like the complaining company is from Australia.
ThoroughVisioN Pty Ltd
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/tvn.png

Without belaboring the point, if the issue was with a race or two from AU and they claimed infringement, wouldn't an equitable policy of YTube be to strike those videos rather than the entire account?

picojim
02-04-2011, 08:10 PM
it must have been the 3 stikes rule

once you get 3 complaints your whole account is terminated
it happened to me awile back..heres part of the email they sent me

"This is the third notification we have received alleging copyright infringement in one of your postings. Consequently, your account has been terminated."

toussaud
02-04-2011, 10:27 PM
I own a web development company. I PM'ed him a year ago and told him dude, I would build you a site to host your videos, for free, out of the goodness of my heart and my contribution to horse racing, and I'm still willing to. This is ridiculous (youtube not PM)

KirisClown
02-05-2011, 03:51 AM
Yeah, the channel is done now... Amazingly, the final nail was a copyright claim over a race I uploaded over 4 years ago..

I have all of the race files on a storage drive, I'll most likely just re-upload everything to the partymanners2 channel. It'll just take some time..

bigmack
02-05-2011, 04:07 AM
I have all of the race files on a storage drive, I'll most likely just re-upload everything to the partymanners2 channel. It'll just take some time..
Herculean task that runs the risk of being taken down as well. Why not take up the offers you've had from toussaud or others?

Robert Fischer
02-05-2011, 06:13 AM
I own a web development company. I PM'ed him a year ago and told him dude, I would build you a site to host your videos, for free, out of the goodness of my heart and my contribution to horse racing, and I'm still willing to. This is ridiculous (youtube not PM)

wow, that's really generous.

right now there's practically a witch-hunt going on netwide, with youtube in particular regarding any copyright infringement
:mad::eek::mad:

it's basically a fad at this moment:jump:
music, art, media, anything

you can't even hum a tune without clearing the copyright(ok, it's not that bad...)

and there is often little insight, and/or foresight involved :bang:

I understand both sides, but in some cases it is disappointing(such as partymanner's video library). There are cases when copyright infringement may be damaging to the owners, and then there are some different sorts of cases where the copyright infringement has created something that is actually beneficial to the owners.

An endangered minority of the total mass of cases are ridiculously blind actions, where had an entrepreneurial ace been looking the case over, he may have seen instances where particularly creative beneficial use of copyrighted material was practically something they should be FUNDING.

Tom
02-05-2011, 10:04 AM
right now there's practically a witch-hunt going on netwide, with youtube in particular regarding any copyright infringement

"e-ambulance chasers."
The bottom feeders smell money.:ThmbDown:

BetCrazyGirl
02-05-2011, 10:28 AM
This is sad, I enjoy watching those videos :(

jeebus1083
03-07-2011, 09:01 PM
Total BS!