PDA

View Full Version : Devil May Care

SmartyParty
02-04-2011, 03:25 PM
Any news on this mare? Last I heard she was taken out of the Nov. sales because she had contracted hepatitis. Sure hope she's better.

nijinski
02-04-2011, 07:23 PM
I believe Pletcher mentioned she would be out for the rest of the year. it's Feb and haven't heard anything.
She did not have infectious hepatitis.
I would imagine coming back would be a slow process , her blood studies
would have to be back to normal , then if she has some aches pains or strains
while in training she would need to be watched closely if given anti inflammatory meds .
My thinking is the talented filly will be retired ,but that's just a guess.

SmartyParty
02-04-2011, 07:35 PM
Thanks, Nijinski!

joanied
02-04-2011, 08:48 PM
Ditto on the thank you. I asked about her a while back and no one seemed to know anything... IMO, it might be better for the mare to just retire her...and if they do, seems they'd have to wait until next year to get her bred.
It sure would be nice if the connection would put out a little news about a mare that was very popular and a hell of a race horse.

nijinski
02-04-2011, 10:51 PM
Ditto on the thank you. I asked about her a while back and no one seemed to know anything... IMO, it might be better for the mare to just retire her...and if they do, seems they'd have to wait until next year to get her bred.
It sure would be nice if the connection would put out a little news about a mare that was very popular and a hell of a race horse.

It seems to happen way to often.

SmartyParty
02-05-2011, 12:06 AM
Yeah, it's a puzzlement. I met her owner last summer and he adored her. Sooo .... ????

nijinski
02-05-2011, 01:15 AM
Yeah, it's a puzzlement. I met her owner last summer and he adored her. Sooo .... ????

Haven't heard of any sightings and there was some talk of sending DMC to Florida back in November. Hopefully we will hear something soon.

joanied
02-05-2011, 01:42 PM
Well, any one of us that does hear something...post it, please!

Another mare I was looking for info on I did find...maybe you guys know, but Indian Blessing had her first foal born in Jan. Sire is Zensastional (spelling?)... should be one fast horse!

SmartyParty
02-06-2011, 12:20 PM
Well, any one of us that does hear something...post it, please!

Another mare I was looking for info on I did find...maybe you guys know, but Indian Blessing had her first foal born in Jan. Sire is Zensastional (spelling?)... should be one fast horse!

Yes, hopefully we hear something about DMC. And I'd love to see pix of Indian Blessing's first baby!

nijinski
02-06-2011, 12:44 PM
I'm going to send an e mail to Glencrest tomorrow , I assume they still own her. Got an indication from someone who claims to know some info that she
she is better health wise but she is not the same and more than likely won't continue racing.
If that's true I hope the connections make a public statement soon regarding
her future .

joanied
02-06-2011, 05:17 PM
I'm going to send an e mail to Glencrest tomorrow , I assume they still own her. Got an indication from someone who claims to know some info that she
she is better health wise but she is not the same and more than likely won't continue racing.
If that's true I hope the connections make a public statement soon regarding
her future .

Thanks...that would be great...to get some news. I seriously doubt that she'll return to racing...too long away, and she may never really be the same filly...better to just retire her to the shed.

joanied
02-06-2011, 05:24 PM
Yes, hopefully we hear something about DMC. And I'd love to see pix of Indian Blessing's first baby!

Me too. The BloodHorse used to run photos of several mares and their foals in the magazine every week...not sure if they'll be doing it again for this year...sure hope so.
They are running a series now of stories on the better known race mares and their breeding careers...first one is Serena's Song ...they show a photo of her with her foal from last year, a Street Cry filly...Serena's Song is 19 years old now and she looks fantastic...you'd never know she's that old...she looks amazing. She'll be bred to Medallio D'oro for this year.

I looked at the BH online, but they don't have the Serena's Song story...at least I couldn't find it.
There are dozens of mares I'd love info on about their babies!!

nijinski
02-07-2011, 01:57 AM
Me too. The BloodHorse used to run photos of several mares and their foals in the magazine every week...not sure if they'll be doing it again for this year...sure hope so.
They are running a series now of stories on the better known race mares and their breeding careers...first one is Serena's Song ...they show a photo of her with her foal from last year, a Street Cry filly...Serena's Song is 19 years old now and she looks fantastic...you'd never know she's that old...she looks amazing. She'll be bred to Medallio D'oro for this year.

I looked at the BH online, but they don't have the Serena's Song story...at least I couldn't find it.
There are dozens of mares I'd love info on about their babies!!
Serena and MD , great match !!!
I hear She Be Wild should be going to Tapit , or may have already.
Alot to look forward to.

FenceBored
02-25-2011, 08:26 PM
Bloodhorse just posted this update:

The 4-year-old daughter of Malibu Moon (http://www.stallionregister.com/sr_sire_page.asp?refno=4300692&origin=BHonline) (http://www.equineline.com/dotReportProductSelectionDisplay.cfm?horse_name=Ma libu+Moon&YOB=1997&breed_type=TB&horse_type=I&ASCID=1443262) was a hopeful for last year’s Breeders' Cup Ladies’ Classic (gr. I) at Churchill Downs, but her diagnosis with hepatitis in October (http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/59297/devil-may-care-off-bc-trail-due-to-hepatitis#ixzz1F0PPnxmt) forced her to skip the race. Since then, she has been on and off antibiotics and “continues to carry an elevated liver enzyme count,” according to owner John Greathouse of Glencrest Farm.
Read more: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/61575/devil-may-care-still-not-fully-recovered#ixzz1F1Xy6ES9

Jasonm921
02-26-2011, 07:52 AM
Thats ashame.

joanied
02-27-2011, 11:03 AM
This is really bad news...I still would love to know how DMC got this...I doubt she'll ever race again, and i beleive they can't even retire her and get her bred until her blood gets back to normal readings...if it ever does.
Sad, sad, sad.