G.Bay(-3) - 20

Wagered on Pitts. @ +120 Money Line

PhantomOnTour
02-04-2011, 11:35 AM
Pitts. - 27
G.Bay(-3) - 20

Wagered on Pitts. @ +120 Money Line
Whooooooooooowhat!!??
Is this your way of getting back at me for predicting the Ravens to win the Super Bowl? :lol:

I hope you are right...I haven't had my Super Bowl epiphany yet, and it's getting late. I never pick the SB based on X's and O's. This is a karma game...just like last year when I said the unrighteous Colts can't beat a team that their star QB worshipped as a child. So what's the karma angle here?

Redemption for Big Ben?
Aaron Rodgers, a man who's time has come?
Hines Ward wins, retires, and rides off into the sunset...along with Casey Hampton and James Farrior? This could be the last game for all 3 of them.
Veteran Don Driver finally gets his ring?

Take your pick, or feel free to add your own karma angle.

cj's dad
02-04-2011, 12:31 PM
I bet with my head not my heart.

Jay Trotter
02-04-2011, 02:15 PM
I picked New Orleans vs San Diego!

Are you saying I get a do-over?

Tom
02-04-2011, 02:33 PM
Green Bay - 31
Pittsburg - 24

thaskalos
02-04-2011, 02:51 PM
Packers - 17
Steelers - 21

bigmack
02-04-2011, 03:02 PM
No cheerleaders? What a gyp.

I'll go to this SB party and watch the commercials.

CheeseHeads: 34
MetalHeads: 24

Marshall Bennett
02-04-2011, 03:24 PM
Packers 27
Steelers 20

newtothegame
02-04-2011, 03:40 PM
PACK 30 STEELERS 20

lamboguy
02-04-2011, 05:20 PM
G.BAY 41

PITT 6

i am still waiting for pandy

Relwob Owner
02-04-2011, 05:44 PM
Green Bay-34
Pittsburgh-24

Good luck to anyone betting on the game

tribecaagent
02-04-2011, 05:53 PM
I'm Soooo surprised at the number of members who like the Green Bay Packers.........

I like the.....

Green Bay Packers...47-42 (don't ask how I've come up with that score....)

Green Bay(-3) and Over(45).

Canarsie
02-04-2011, 06:00 PM
GB 17 Pitt 14

Really like the under everyone I know thinks the opposite.

slew101
02-04-2011, 06:21 PM
Green Bay 27, Pitt 20.

riskman
02-04-2011, 06:30 PM
The wagering value in this year's SB is with the UNDER 45. Good luck to all.

cj
02-04-2011, 06:51 PM
I predict I won't watch more than a 1/4.

pandy
02-04-2011, 06:55 PM
I'll post my pick tomorrow. I picked it correctly against the spread on my website 7 of the last 8 years but this one is tough, have to do some research.

tribecaagent
02-04-2011, 07:02 PM

I'll take the over.

Patrick333
02-04-2011, 08:29 PM
Green Bay 27
Pittsburgh 17

ElKabong
02-04-2011, 09:01 PM
I predict that I'll be at work, trying to catch up from 2 full days, and 2 half days missed from work b/c of iced over roads / long commute.....

And I could care less who wins. After watching the playoffs this years SB teams seem inferior to years past. Or maybe it's just me. The NFL is less interesting as every year goes by

rastajenk
02-04-2011, 09:04 PM
GB 17 Pitt 14

Really like the under everyone I know thinks the opposite.This is about where I'm at; just not seeing a bunch of points, unless the defenses score some to raise the total.

Except I like Pitt to win, about 17-14.

Ocala Mike
02-04-2011, 10:18 PM
1. Jerry Jones' team won't win.

2. No nipples will be flashed during the halftime show.

3. The losing team will use the unseasonably cold weather during the week as an excuse.

Ocala Mike

Red Knave
02-04-2011, 10:48 PM
Which one? ;)

I think I agree. This matchup makes us all anticipate a seriously good game and whenever that happens it's a snorefest.

Well, no matter! There's adult beverages (i.e. single malt scotch), hot and cold snacks, new Go Daddy commercials, Slash at half-time ... life will still be good.

Valuist
02-04-2011, 11:01 PM
Steelers 21 Packers 17

First to score a touchdown: Rashard Mendenhall
Heath Miller: over receptions, over yardage
National anthem: OVER 1:51
Commercials will suck and everyone will say what a disappointment they are.

ElKabong
02-04-2011, 11:48 PM

3. The losing team will use the unseasonably cold weather during the week as an excuse.

Ocala Mike

Re: #3. Both teams have practiced indoors all week long. To show how pussified these 2 teams are, it was 26 degrees today, yet they were indoors.

Every kid (and 3 adults) on my block was playing football in the snow this afternoon. Yet when we went inside and turned on the tv, there were the mighty Green Bay Packers practicing INDOORS. I guess nfl players nowdays have vagisil in their lockers.

mountainman
02-05-2011, 12:16 AM
Steelers 28 Packers 20 : Pittsburgh will force Rogers to throw, while their own running attack has jelled at the perfect time. Mendenhall comes up big.

PhantomOnTour
02-05-2011, 12:22 AM
Ain't no way the Steelers are losing to A-Rod.

What's the name of that sitcom from the 80's starring Tony Danza and Alyssa Milano?
Oh yeah, 'Who's The Boss?'...well, A-Rod is gonna find out who the boss is on Sunday night.

STEELERS-19
PACKERS-17

Valuist
02-05-2011, 12:48 AM
Whooooooooooowhat!!??
Is this your way of getting back at me for predicting the Ravens to win the Super Bowl? :lol:

I hope you are right...I haven't had my Super Bowl epiphany yet, and it's getting late. I never pick the SB based on X's and O's. This is a karma game...just like last year when I said the unrighteous Colts can't beat a team that their star QB worshipped as a child. So what's the karma angle here?

Redemption for Big Ben?
Aaron Rodgers, a man who's time has come?
Hines Ward wins, retires, and rides off into the sunset...along with Casey Hampton and James Farrior? This could be the last game for all 3 of them.
Veteran Don Driver finally gets his ring?

Take your pick, or feel free to add your own karma angle.

Redemption? Winning is irrelevant to what happens off the field. Vick and Roethlisberger will never be good guys no matter how many games they win.

JustRalph
02-05-2011, 01:18 AM
45 to 17

The Pack!

Dahoss2002
02-05-2011, 01:25 AM
31-17 Steelers

BlueShoe
02-05-2011, 01:33 AM
Is there a prop bet on "wardrobe malfunctions"??;)

Robert Fischer
02-05-2011, 01:51 AM
steelers have more "character"

what a good game. Everyone have a blast and be safe!:ThmbUp:

OTM Al
02-05-2011, 10:48 AM
Steelers 24, Pack 10

I'm not buying the Rogers hype.

bigmack
02-05-2011, 01:07 PM
Fuddy-duddy.

cj's dad
02-05-2011, 07:05 PM
Possibly two of the worst teams representing the AFC/NFC in Super Bowl history !!

sandpit
02-05-2011, 09:55 PM
Possibly two of the worst teams representing the AFC/NFC in Super Bowl history !!

Explain please.

Red Knave
02-05-2011, 10:59 PM
Yeah, worse than the '69 Jets or the '81 Raiders ...

Oh, wait ...

;)

pandy
02-05-2011, 11:40 PM
Here is part of my analysis, more at my website. My pick is Green Bay -3.

Let's look over the keys to the game.

DOME and SURFACE: To me, this seems like a big key to the game and an edge for Green Bay. The Steelers are a smash-mouth football team that loves to play in cold weather on chopped up grass. They are not built for artificial grass and dome football and they have struggled at times to score points in dome stadiums. The Packers, with their sharp-cutting receivers and strong passing game, have done well indoors. In their last two Dome playoff games they've scored 48 and 45 points.

PACKERS BLITZ and RUSH vs STEELERS O-LINE: The Steelers have had some trouble protecting the QB at times the past couple of years, but the always seem to pull it together in the big games. It looks like their talented young offensive center could be out for this game, which will hurt. The Packers are a very good blitzing team and they have Clay Matthews, a great pass rusher.
Both quarterbacks are among the best in the game. Rogers has more finesse but Roethlisberger is a clutch player and hard to knock down. Rogers is good at running when its needed and he should have some big gains in this game, but he has to be careful not to get hurt.

PITTSBURGH will show a well balanced offensive attack, they should be able to run the ball. GREEN BAY will spread their receivers and look to attack the secondary.

Both teams have outstanding coaching staffs, without a doubt among the best in the game, so the strategy and plays on the field will be interesting.

My main reason for backing the Pack is the Dome and fast footing, which will help their wide receivers. I also think that although both quarterbacks figure to get some pass pressure, the Packers are more likely to do damage with their pass rush.

Dan Montilion
02-06-2011, 01:31 AM
Pit on the money line and the over.

ElKabong
02-06-2011, 02:25 AM
late 3rd qtr, Sandra Bernhart runs on the field and beats the shit out of Rothlisberger for past transgressions, then rips his beard off for practicing indoors all week long.

end of 3rd qtr, the JerryTron has a trivia question pop up: "Name one GB Packer running back without looking in your program. Those who can't answer, please leave". When the ref whistles for the qtr to begin, only 14 people are seated in the stadium...

Maybe the soccer channel has a riveting matchup tomorrow.

xfile
02-06-2011, 02:53 AM
Green Bay Packers -2.5 Pittsburgh Steelers Sunday February 06, 2011 6:25 PM ET
Selection: Green Bay Packers ATS

Over/Under
Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Green Bay Packers
Sunday February 6, 2011 6:25 PM ET
Selection: Under 45

highnote
02-06-2011, 02:56 AM
G.BAY 41

PITT 6

i am still waiting for pandy

This is the score I'd like to see. However, I don't think GB is consistent enough to shut down PITT.

So I'm thinking something like GB wins 42-27.

highnote
02-06-2011, 02:58 AM
45 to 17

The Pack!

Looks like were on about the same page. I'm saying 42-27 Pack.

Solid_Gold
02-06-2011, 09:23 AM
Packers 27
Steelers 13

Ocala Mike
02-06-2011, 11:30 AM
Pit on the money line and the over.

I'm with Dan on this. Steelers 27, Packers 24.

Big Ben MVP.

Ocala Mike

Rookies
02-06-2011, 11:47 AM

Thank God! :ThmbUp: And perhaps, the uber capitalist who has screwed all small market teams and their fans (of which I am one), will NEVER be awarded the SB again, due to a woefully and ill prepared city of Dallas.

That moral cultural, puritan idiocy position, that eventually knocked Stern off the air and almost Limbaugh, will never happen again.

Any cold weather team, that EVER used that as an excuse would be laughed out of their respective city forever. :lol:

Ocala Mike

On the game.

Big Ben is 10-2 in the Playoffs, 2-0 in the Super Bowl, (4th. best rating of ALL TIME among NFL QBs). He will do what it takes to win this defensive SB.

27-14

glta

Capper Al
02-06-2011, 11:49 AM
The Detroit Lions in 2015.

HUSKER55
02-06-2011, 11:58 AM
heard on tv that the steelers QB got fined for partying all night. Rogers is not noted for being the partying type up here. I also think he scrambles a little bit better. Gotta give Rogers the edge for attitude.

The pack leave the doors open and practice in the cold up here. Would be very surprised if the steelers do different. Don't think weather will be an issue.

right now I think both teams are riding a high. Who wouldn't,...it is the super bowl. But GB really had to gel to get here. I think they have a slight edge here as well. I think attitude will determine the winner here.

I'm thinking PACKERS 27 Steelers 21 winning touchdown in the last minute of the game.

looking forward to a good game with family and friends and an enjoyable day.

I hope everyone has a great day as well.

Good luck.

HuggingTheRail
02-06-2011, 12:53 PM
Hope for a blowout :D

GB -10.5 +250
GB -14.5 +425

PIT -10.5 +475

AgainstAllOdds
02-06-2011, 01:40 PM
I heard Big Ben has been partying hard and is hungover today. What else is new? It makes you wonder what poor woman suffered at his hands last night in Texas? Cory Hall is from my hometown, so of course I'm rooting for the Packers, but that isn't the only reason. I dislike the Steelers and always have. Where the heck are the Cowboys when you want them?

I think it's going to be a tough, tough game though. It's going to be close I think, but I hope in the end the Packers prevail.

eastie
02-06-2011, 03:48 PM
green bay 10 -7 at the half
pitt 21-17 at the end

Sugar Ron
02-06-2011, 05:27 PM
Would love to see GB take this thing.

Can't stand the Stillers and their obnoxious fans...

headhawg
02-06-2011, 06:00 PM
Steelers +2.5. I think it comes down to which offensive line protects better. As Pitt will run the ball more Rodgers has more of a chance to get hit. His whole game changes when he's hit hard, and I think that will happen.

20-17 Steelers

NJ Stinks
02-06-2011, 06:34 PM
Green Bay 34
Pittsburgh 20

First and foremost, I believe the Packers are the better team. But....if it's a close and low scoring game, I believe the Steelers will find a way to win it. Hence, I'm rooting for a high scoring game! :jump:

joanied
02-06-2011, 07:41 PM
We're rooting for the Steelers...#99 Brett Keisle grew up in a nearby town here in Wyoming...watched him play basketball since he was in grade school...including the back to back years our son's basketball team got the Championship..ha!!. brett was a good kid, my son's nemisis during basketball season...but a good kid...and now we're calling him 'Grizzly Adams' :D ...he looks like he's ready to go Elk hunting1

Lost our Bronco's, lost my Jets...sooooooo...Go, Steelers:jump:

OTM Al
02-06-2011, 10:15 PM
Don't know about the rest of you but I found that game pretty dull.

ElKabong
02-06-2011, 10:38 PM
ya'll missed a great cajun cooking show on the cable teevee....Oh the thangs they can do with Unnyunns on that show....

I hear Rodgers' wr's dropped a shitload of passes....yet they still won. Awesome sport the nfl has become!

slew101
02-06-2011, 11:20 PM
It was not a typical 31-25 game excitement wise. I had the Pack, so glad they won. But from a game standpoint, if Pitt ever took the lead, the excitement level would have soared. But GB's defense made every stop they had to.

tribecaagent
02-06-2011, 11:25 PM

You're joking, right? Just like you were joking about not believing in Aaron Rogers....

cj's dad
02-06-2011, 11:35 PM
best money i ever lost - How's that terrible towel working out for you Stealers fans now ??

cj's dad
02-06-2011, 11:57 PM
It was not a typical 31-25 game excitement wise. I had the Pack, so glad they won. But from a game standpoint, if Pitt ever took the lead, the excitement level would have soared. But GB's defense made every stop they had to.

Big Ben pretty much stunk throughout the game !!

OTM Al
02-07-2011, 05:53 AM
You're joking, right? Just like you were joking about not believing in Aaron Rogers....

I still don't believe in him. He was solid, but the hype makes him one of the all time greats. The game was one of errors and neither team looked all that sharp. Green Bay got handed that game by play sloppier than their own.

bigmack
02-07-2011, 07:06 AM
I would expect any Yankees fan with any adherence to what is right in this crazy mixed-up world is willing to turn their back on this goof in light of this pathetic happening.

GMVRmwlrvWg

pandy
02-07-2011, 07:15 AM
I still don't believe in him. He was solid, but the hype makes him one of the all time greats. The game was one of errors and neither team looked all that sharp. Green Bay got handed that game by play sloppier than their own.

I feel the same way about Tom Brady, who I think is over rated. Brady is great when he has all the time in the world, which he usually does. If he had been quarterbacking Green Bay yesterday, they would've lost.

Rogers got hit 16 times and sacked 3 times. The great passers get their passes off accurately despite pressure.

Rogers has a quick release, a rifle arm, accuracy, which really came in handy yesterday. They dropped a lot of his passes, too.

Tom
02-07-2011, 07:25 AM
Green Bay - 31
Pittsburg - 24

Missed it by that much!

PhantomOnTour
02-07-2011, 07:38 AM
The better team won the game last night.

Ben played terrible and Mendenhall (who had played well) coughed it up at a crucial moment. Still, the ball was in the Steelers hands with one last chance and they failed to execute.

Rodgers is a hell of a QB. Congrats to the Pack.

tribecaagent
02-07-2011, 09:06 AM

1.You thought the game was dull & 2. You don't believe in Aaron Rodgers..??

Apparently, I was watching another game or maybe I just drank too much Diet Coke.

Green Bay jumps out to a 21-3 lead in the first half. Pittsburgh fights back to close within a field goal late in the fourth quarter (28-25) to put pressure on Rodgers and the Packers. Rodgers drives his team down the field (minus Donald Driver) and throws a perfect pass in the end zone to Jordy Nelson. He drops it. Field goal for the Packers and Pittsburgh gets the ball back with 2 minutes to go down 6 points.
You're right, it was dull.

Aaron Rodgers goes 24-39, 3 TD's, over 300 yards, several perfectly thrown balls that were dropped, drives his team down the field when it mattered most, and is named Super Bowl MVP.
You're right, he's just not that good.

OTM Al
02-07-2011, 09:15 AM
Once again, yes I did find it dull and no, I don't think he lives up to the hype. I will admit that he is better than Tony Romo at this point, but not much more. Perhaps all the yellow on the field was the real turn off here. I will be glad to admit Rodgers' greatness however if I never see another thread that talks about how defense wins championships. This game was won by the least poorly executing offense.

Relwob Owner
02-07-2011, 02:16 PM
Once again, yes I did find it dull and no, I don't think he lives up to the hype. I will admit that he is better than Tony Romo at this point, but not much more. Perhaps all the yellow on the field was the real turn off here. I will be glad to admit Rodgers' greatness however if I never see another thread that talks about how defense wins championships. This game was won by the least poorly executing offense.

I gotta question what Rodgers would have to do to live up to the hype from your view...In the biggest game of the season he goes 24-39, 304 yards, 3 TD's and 111.5 passer rating.....plus, he had several balls dropped and could have easily had 50+ more yards.

NJ Stinks
02-07-2011, 07:01 PM
Missed it by that much!

Nobody can hold that two point conversion against you. :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

NJ Stinks
02-07-2011, 07:11 PM
IMO Aaron Rodgers is sensational. He was unbelieveable when they lost in the playoffs to the Cardinals last year and he proved that playoff performance was no fluke this year.

Usually I agree with your sports observations, OTM Al, but your opinion of Rodgers has me scratching my head. :confused:

OTM Al
02-07-2011, 08:01 PM
IMO Aaron Rodgers is sensational. He was unbelieveable when they lost in the playoffs to the Cardinals last year and he proved that playoff performance was no fluke this year.

Usually I agree with your sports observations, OTM Al, but your opinion of Rodgers has me scratching my head. :confused:

Guess I just don't like him as much as the pundits. Of course maybe I should cheer for him as a second championship would eclipse Favre. That would make it all worth it.

Perhaps I was biased after having to hear over and over how great guys like Palmer, Romo and Rivers are. He just seemed like another in that line.

Funny thing is if the Giants would have finished off the Eagles, then the Pack doesn't even make the playoffs, and then he's still one of those guys.

cj's dad
02-07-2011, 08:53 PM
Where was the great Troy Pileofhairgoo during the game ?? He looked lost out there !!