PDA

View Full Version : clifford dooly

lamboguy
02-03-2011, 07:22 PM
this kid is really riding lights out at charlietown these days. i remember when he rode sulfolk and now has been in charlietown for about 9 months now. he has learned to not to just go with a horse and wind up 5 winde on the first turn and blow that race right there. he rode the fist race tonight like piccasso paints a painting. he used his head!

the little guy
02-03-2011, 07:34 PM
this kid is really riding lights out at charlietown these days. i remember when he rode sulfolk and now has been in charlietown for about 9 months now. he has learned to not to just go with a horse and wind up 5 winde on the first turn and blow that race right there. he rode the fist race tonight like piccasso paints a painting. he used his head!

I was going to laugh about the absurdity of starting a thread to praise someone while not even having the respect to spell his name correctly, but I guess misspelling Dooley pales in comparison to Picasso.

lamboguy
02-03-2011, 07:40 PM
i am going to have to practice up on my thread etiqute. thank for the critic

thaskalos
02-03-2011, 07:44 PM
Many great things have been written about critics...usually by the critics themselves. :)

Cardus
02-03-2011, 07:59 PM
You could have said that he rode well in the race, no?

GatetoWire
02-03-2011, 08:19 PM
I was going to laugh about the absurdity of starting a thread to praise someone while not even having the respect to spell his name correctly, but I guess misspelling Dooley pales in comparison to Picasso.

Sorry Lambo but that is the funniest post I have read in a long time.

Keep it up, Andy...too funny

Relwob Owner
02-03-2011, 08:21 PM

No worries about the spelling Lambo, I got your point and it was a good one, I think. Always seems in control, never seems to do dumb things and seems to have a good command of things.

johnhannibalsmith
02-03-2011, 08:28 PM
That Andi Sterling is a wiseass.

BombsAway Bob
02-03-2011, 08:33 PM
-----------------------------
Clifford Dooley
Dooley made a triumphant return to Suffolk in 2007 after spending 2006 away from race riding. In 2009, Dooley finished ninth in the Suffolk jockey standings with 28 wins. Dooley won the first stakes race of his career on July 4, 2007 aboard Kimridge in the African Prince Stakes. He also won the Waquoit Stakes aboard Reprized Strike on the MassCap undercard Received a Special Achievement Award from the New England Turf Writers Association for his 2007 accomplishments Dooley attended the famed RACE jockey school in his homeland before coming stateside to begin his riding career. Dooley became interested in American racing after watching the Breeders' Cup races on TV as a child. He got the money to come to America after betting 100 pounds on an 11-1 shot that won in his homeland. He then showed up at Aqueduct and began working for trainer Leo O'Brien before taking out his license and coming to Suffolk as an apprentice. He rode successful in New England before going to the NYRA circuit, where he won three races at Aqueduct on one day as a bug rider... Has ridden around the globe, winning races in France, Spain and Saudi Arabia

lamboguy
02-03-2011, 08:37 PM
No worries about the spelling Lambo, I got your point and it was a good one, I think. Always seems in control, never seems to do dumb things and seems to have a good command of things.i had bet the horse in the first race and thought i was dead out of the gate, the kid bailed me out and this is my way of saying he did the right thing. i started in this game hustling bad riders so i know how tough it is. i like to say good things once in awhile and i got pointed out how bad my spelling is. i had a tough time making it through high school, i am sure that those that criticize me have PHD"S in literature and grammer

the little guy
02-03-2011, 08:37 PM
For those interested....

http://www.biography.com/articles/Pablo-Picasso-9440021

He was no Clifford Dooley ( or even Dooly ) but he had his moments.

Relwob Owner
02-03-2011, 08:40 PM
i had bet the horse in the first race and thought i was dead out of the gate, the kid bailed me out and this is my way of saying he did the right thing. i started in this game hustling bad riders so i know how tough it is. i like to say good things once in awhile and i got pointed out how bad my spelling is. i had a tough time making it through high school, i am sure that those that criticize me have PHD"S in literature and grammer

I dont really care how you spell and am glad you brought him up, as I have been impressed with him for a while. Good job pointing it out on here. It will be interesting to see if he stays at CT for a while or decides to move on in the future.

johnhannibalsmith
02-03-2011, 08:59 PM
i had bet the horse in the first race and thought i was dead out of the gate, the kid bailed me out and this is my way of saying he did the right thing. i started in this game hustling bad riders so i know how tough it is. i like to say good things once in awhile and i got pointed out how bad my spelling is. i had a tough time making it through high school, i am sure that those that criticize me have PHD"S in literature and grammer

I want to say very sincerely that when I got a chuckle out of the "Steak" race for filets, it wasn't my intent to mock your spelling if it came across that way. I should have realized that you do get picked on for it and been aware that it probably came across the wrong way for that reason. :blush:

duncan04
02-04-2011, 02:16 AM
That Andi Sterling is a wiseass.

Andi who??? :eek: :rolleyes:

Cardus
02-04-2011, 07:23 AM
All of this is dooly noted.

Tom
02-04-2011, 07:54 AM
Andi who??? :eek: :rolleyes:

Sterling.