PDA

View Full Version : Meadowlands, Thurs., Feb. 3

Teach
02-03-2011, 06:55 PM
Race One:

Does Ray Schnittker have another DeweyCheatemAndHow? #7 Muscles Malone has "the papers". Extremely well bred, e.g., Malabar Man and Muscles Yankee. Should leave and find a tuck. Clean trip would seem that all that's needed. "Bionic Man's" a help. Underneath: #2 Cuzzin Bob gets "The Green Hornet." Took part in SuperBowl Series. Last effort not too bad. Lightly raced 4-year-old may be coming into his own. #5 Photo King with Pat Berry could be "the sleeper" here. This horse was also in SuperBowl series. Decent times. Can close. Add value to gimmick? #3 The Queen retains Brian Sears. Two-straight third-place finishes in qualifiers. Might finish off a trifecta.

Teach
02-03-2011, 07:18 PM
Race Two:
That was some effort by #3 Some Girls Do in her last. She came home in 27.1. "The White Knight's" back to reprise his role. Looks solid. Don't see much value, but... Underneath: #4 Dress Up has had two tough starting posts; he now moves to mid-pack. That should make a difference along with the services of "The Buckeye," Dave Miller. #7 Turn Off The Light is a well-bred Jenna's Beach Boy filly. Her times are very good. Merits serious consideration. Finally, #1 Obsessive Artist with Daryl Bier does draw the pylons. That might this horse complete an exotic.

Teach
02-03-2011, 07:38 PM
Race Three:

I'm going for some value. My pick here is #8 Cherry Tree Luke. The horse hasn't shown much, recently. But he did have some solid efforts at Chester. I like it that Brian Sears is staying with this horse. Distinct possibilities. Underneath: #7 Smooth Muscles won his last at Yonkers. This Muscles Yankee-bred gelding has hit the board in six of his last seven. He'll likely power out for the lead, but he can also come from off the pace. #5 Autumn Victory with Jim Doherty (I remember when he raced at the now defunct Foxboro Raceway) stands a good chance of hitting the tote. The horse has "an early turn of foot." He should be rushing to the front. Finally, a longshot play, the #10 Bobbi Jo's Lindy. This horse will have to overcome the extreme outside post. If he gets a speed duel up front, he just might be able to unleash a late charge and put his number up on the tote.

Teach
02-03-2011, 07:55 PM
Race Four:

In this Junior Trendsetter Series, I like the #11Joe Palz with Yannick Gingras (It's my understanding that the #11 starts behind the #1 in the second tier). This horse turned in a scintilatting 1:56.2 (26.4 last quarter) in winning his last. Any repeat of that effort and it'll be a trip to the winner's circle. Underneath: #1 Sky Mesa had a very good qualifier in his last. He's also First Time Lasix. He can easily be part. Also, #3 Truly The Best has strung together five-straight wins in Chicago-land (two were qualifiers). The horse appears sharp, If he handles his new surroundings? #8 McSocks is "the sleeper" here. He admittedly showed nothing in his last. Yet, he was part of the Woodrow Wilson final last August. This horse has loads of potential. Is he ready to unleash? Finally, #7 Quality Sport with Brian Sears has finished second in his last three. He certainly fits in this company. He just might round out a superfecta.

Teach
02-03-2011, 08:17 PM
Race Five:
#2 Nathan FeelsGood looks solid in this Junior Trendsetter company. Tim Tetrick's a plus. Just nipped by Joe Palz in his last from a 9-hole starting post. The horse now moves inside. Underneath: #7 I'm Feelin Good was the third horse behind Joe Palz and Nathan FeelsGood. He fits well in this field. He'll need to find a tuck to be a factor in the stretch. #1 Real Flight draws the pylons. The horse appears to be rounding into form after a solid qualifier. He should not be ignored in your gimmicks. #6 Gotta Love Him can be a factor here, especially if the early speed ties up.

Teach
02-03-2011, 08:34 PM
Race Six:

#6 Sagebrush Susie retains "The Buckeye". This filly has been razor sharp. She's hit the board in all of her recent starts. #7 Mystical Diva is another horse who's been very sharp. She should be "on the engine," or looking for a tuck. #1 The Entry (Hello Camie & Morwyn Hanover) has a chance of hitting the tote. Morwyn Hanover starts from the second tier; that's a big help. Finally, #10 Kill A Rockingbird is admittedly a value play. This horse might just surprise and add value to your gimmicks. A speedy pace up front would be a big help.

Teach
02-03-2011, 08:56 PM
Race Seven:

I'm going to try to squeeze out a little value with #4 Border Fighting. He looks like he's rounding into tip-top form. He's been either first or second in all four of his pari-mutuel starts. "The White Knight's" a plus #6 Hot Shot Lawyer looks like "the logical". He should be closing in the stretch. However, he might just need a race. If he's ready...? #3 War Cloud looks very sharp. He runs evenly. His three-hole starting post is a plus. So is "The Green Hornet." This horse could add value to a superfecta. #2 Panamanian gets Tim Tetrick. This horse has had some "breaking" problems in the past; however, if the horse can stay flat, he might contend. #7 Mojo Terror with the "Hall-Of-Famer," John Campbell should not be ignored in this field. The horse has been either first or second in his last three.

Teach
02-03-2011, 09:17 PM
Race Eight:

#8 Lil Miss Nyalation with Brian Sears has hit the tote in all of her last six starts. The mare seems to be in sharp form and should prevail over this field. #9 Natural Woman N with Jim Marohn, Jr. has hit the board in four of her last five. She'll have to overcome the nine-hole; yet, she's most capable of getting part in this field. #5 Cowgirls N Indians has had some rough starting posts on 1/2 mile tracks. She now draws a better post on the wide-sweeping "Big M" oval. #2 Ashley Cruiser draws inside. She might, on her best, be a factor here.

Teach
02-03-2011, 09:37 PM
Race Nine:

#5 Morgun's Sweethart has been running against top-o'-the-line filly and mare trotters at both Freehold and Yonkers. She now draws a field that I believe she can handle. The switch to Brian Sears should be a plus. Underneath: #1 Asabi Hanover draws the rail with Tim Tetrick. This horse was part of the SuperBowl series. He definitely fits in this crowd. The rail should help. #3 Smedshammer (where's Trond?) does have an early "turn of foot". The horse may well "be on the engine". Certainly capable of hitting tote. Finally, a bit of a longshot try. I like #3 My Huckleberry with Pat Berry (how's that for a hunch?). This horse, on his best, might just surprise.

Teach
02-03-2011, 09:52 PM
Race Ten:

#4 Military Stratcom looks like the horse to beat here. He's hit the board in six-straight races. "The Bionic Man's" a plus. Underneath: If #6 Payne's Landing can find a tuck, he can easily hit the tote. Another horse to consider is #3 Hancock with Pat Berry. Ignore his last. Then, there's #8 Segundo Hanover with Yannick Gingras. This horse may be closing fastest of all in the stretch. Finally, #1 General McCardle might just pick up the pieces in a superfecta.