PDA

View Full Version : Controversial DQ of Doctor Peach at Gulfstream?

Stillriledup
02-03-2011, 04:54 PM
Anyone think this scenario was a mirror image of the situation that happened in California with Jenny Craig's turf horse who was controversially left UP?

Seems very similar.

elhelmete
02-03-2011, 05:51 PM
shhh, that DQ gave me the exacta and tri.

Beachbabe
02-03-2011, 05:59 PM
I didn't see anything controversial.
The horse shied from something and took a right turn, taking out quite a few horses behind him.
According to the official charts..."DOCTOR PEACH well in hand while making the pace along the inside, ducked out sharply racing under the wire the first time impeding several rivals................"

Stillriledup
02-03-2011, 06:06 PM
The horse shied from something and took a right turn, taking out quite a few horses behind him.
According to the official charts..."DOCTOR PEACH well in hand while making the pace along the inside, ducked out sharply racing under the wire the first time impeding several rivals................"

The same situation happened in California, a horse ducked out sharply and was NOT disqualified. I guess there's really no controversy with DR Peach as a solo act, but if you compare the two situations, you can make the case that ONE of these 'calls' was the wrong one by definition. Unless i missed something, the same exact thing happened and one stayed up and one came down.
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74956&highlight=candy

Grits
02-03-2011, 07:11 PM

Not a thing controversial, indeed. The head on looked like he took a right on red. It was that bad. He deserved to come down. Something would've been badly wrong had he not.

Spiderman
02-03-2011, 07:16 PM
Not a thing controversial, indeed. The head on looked like he took a right on red. It was that bad. He deserved to come down. Something would've been badly wrong had he not.

Veering-out, he wiped-out the field. Rightful dq.

onefast99
02-03-2011, 09:31 PM
At first I thought he impeded the progress of just the 3 but once HRTV showed the re-play it was the right move. I love that horse.

Southieboy
02-03-2011, 09:48 PM
Go figure it was a Lezcano horse. :faint:

Relwob Owner
02-03-2011, 09:52 PM
The same situation happened in California, a horse ducked out sharply and was NOT disqualified. I guess there's really no controversy with DR Peach as a solo act, but if you compare the two situations, you can make the case that ONE of these 'calls' was the wrong one by definition. Unless i missed something, the same exact thing happened and one stayed up and one came down.
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74956&highlight=candy

I get your point here SRU and remember the CA race......similar situations and opposite decisions and shows some inconsistency

Dahoss9698
02-03-2011, 09:55 PM
Go figure it was a Lezcano horse. :faint:

Yeah, it was totally his fault. :rolleyes:

Fastracehorse
02-03-2011, 11:09 PM
Anyone think this scenario was a mirror image of the situation that happened in California with Jenny Craig's turf horse who was controversially left UP?

Seems very similar.

that horse had 72 k to win on it

fffastt