PDA

View Full Version : YOUR WAGERS

teddy
02-03-2011, 01:01 PM
Do you think you do better earlier in the day than late at night?

Do you think you do better when you pick out 5 races a day and bet just those or play live.

Me and a friend were noticing we did much better earlier and didnt push as hard. I also do much better with early research, and just playing my spot plays than I do live. Feeling that the itch to bet races that seem riskier in live play because of the effect of being in the moment.

lamboguy
02-03-2011, 01:17 PM
i have been getting worn out for the evening card lately. but last night i got lucky, i caught a $38.00 winner in the first race at charlietown, and found another $4.00 horse latter on.

Track Collector
02-03-2011, 04:45 PM
Do you think you do better earlier in the day than late at night? For me, it is a function of which tracks I choose to play, and not whether I make "mental" mistakes in my handicappiing calculations. My plays are structured and pre-defined.

Do you think you do better when you pick out 5 races a day and bet just those or play live. I do better when I stick to my pre-defined strategy and methodology, regardless of how many races it says to play. My results are much less when I engage in "action bets". To the point, I would have been profitable and covered expenses in 2010 had I not engaged in "action bets". NOTE: Live visits to fair tracks do not count as action bets, but there I usually hold my own.

CBedo
02-03-2011, 08:40 PM
In the past, in looking at my records, I have found that it's not the time day that necessarily affects my performance, but how long I've been playing for the day.

windoor
02-04-2011, 08:38 AM
I have had many losing days when I watch or attend the races. Many start of well as you say, but turn sour later in the day.

I think what happens most of time is, we do not like to lose and when confronted with a losing day, we place wagers we normally would not, trying to make this day profitable.

From my own experience (And I think many here will agree) you have more losing days then winning days. It’s just a fact you have to live with. Keep the losing days in check by only playing real contenders that you previously selected.

Patience and Discipline: Easy to say, hard to do sometimes.

Regards,

Windoor

teddy
02-04-2011, 09:46 AM
[QUOTE=windoor]I have had many losing days when I watch or attend the races. Many start of well as you say, but turn sour later in the day.

I think what happens most of time is, we do not like to lose and when confronted with a losing day, we place wagers we normally would not, trying to make this day profitable.

From my own experience (And I think many here will agree) you have more losing days then winning days. It’s just a fact you have to live with. Keep the losing days in check by only playing real contenders that you previously selected.

Patience and Discipline: Easy to say, hard to do sometimes.

Regards,

Windoor[/QUOTE}

I agree, I started last night to refine my days wagers so that I quit after im ahead 50.00 Since I play mostly $50 show wagers, I can be very selective and not chase early. I was a head 80 last night and quit and went to $5 action show bets. Something that will never run me out. In the past I can be up $150 and blow it in 3 races ... scenario goes like this up 150, and lose an $50 show bet. Then chase to get back up to 150 for some reason. Its instictive, dont ask me why. Lose second bet. now up only $$50. Go nuts after the two losses and fire 150 on one to show that I would have never bet 50 in the first place. HAha....so now the idea is to quit after I win 50 or so and bet small action show bets. If I lose 50 I have to do the same.... no chasing. If i prepick my horses they kick butt and if I wait on action they kick butt.. real life time restraints dont allow much of either. One thing I know for sure is I cant lose more than 50 a day if I play like that and my winning days with my rebates far far outnumber the losses. I just need to bankroll when im on top and quit.