PDA

View Full Version : What is with Charles Town?

The Bit
02-02-2011, 11:13 PM
Maybe it is has been discussed before but I just happened to take a look at some PP's there tonight while inputting some info into Excel and I saw they have .50 cent pick 4's but are still holding onto the $2 minimum on doubles and pick 3's? What sense does that make?

Knowclew
02-02-2011, 11:50 PM
I am "almost" positive CT has a $1 minimum on P3's.

I do agree with the DD..and lack of consistency among tracks on minimums.

The Bit
02-03-2011, 10:40 PM
Nope, it seems they only take $2 on pick 3's. Puzzler.

Or maybe it is my platform but I doubt it since I can bet .10, .50 etc elsewhere.

egreen
02-04-2011, 09:46 AM
Not sure what platform you're using, but I seem to recall experiencing the same thing once before with either CT or another track. The $1 option was available on one of my ADW accounts but not on another. I called the latter to complain, but it has been so long ago that I can't remember the explanation or resolution. I do remember that BetAmerica was the one that didn't permit the $1 amount and I stopped using them later due to an unacceptable withdrawal process.

Knowclew
02-04-2011, 11:07 AM
The different platforms must be the answer.
Twin Spires definitely takes $1 at CT...so does my local OTB's.

One track (harness) that I know is different in places is Monticello.
They now advertise .50 p3's. You can make these on TS...and the otb's in Chicago that TS owns. However, half the otb's are owned by Hawthorne/andor/Balmoral...and they have a $1 minimum still.

I am sure there are many others..I just haven't seen them yet.

I would agree that this makes zero sense.

Wickel
02-04-2011, 11:14 AM
Charles Town does have a $1 minimum on Pick 3s and 4s, but the final bet must total $2. In other words, no straight tickets totaling $1.

The Bit
02-04-2011, 11:39 AM
Weird. I can bet the .50 pick 4 at Chuck Town, but not the $1 pick 3.

As soon as I switch my base wager from $2 to $1 the pick 3 betting option goes away.

I use the NJAW platform.

I'm not trying to bet $1 pick 3 tickets. I can't even use $1 as my base wager.