PDA

View Full Version : FL Owner Awards

Cholly
02-02-2011, 06:45 PM
I notice most race conditions at GP show the purse to include sizable "Florida Owner Awards". For instance, the 4th tomorrow is an allowance race with a listed purse of $51,500 which includes "$11,000 Florida Owners Awards".

Do all Owners qualify for the entire purse, or are some of them (non-Florida owners) running for only $40,500?

lamboguy
02-02-2011, 07:05 PM
as long as the horse is a florida bred. the actual purse is only $40k for a kentucky bred. the florida award is only for the winner

Ocala Mike
02-02-2011, 10:49 PM
Right, they're really FL Breeder Awards, and the FTBOA administers them (you must be a member to collect, I believe). They used to pay for the first place finisher only, but they are now paying down to place and show finishers.

Ocala Mike
FTBOA Member

lamboguy
02-03-2011, 03:35 AM
Right, they're really FL Breeder Awards, and the FTBOA administers them (you must be a member to collect, I believe). They used to pay for the first place finisher only, but they are now paying down to place and show finishers.

Ocala Mike
FTBOA Member

the breeder gets paid down to third, the owner reward is only for win i believe.

in new york the breeder gets paid down to 5th unless they changed that.

onefast99
02-03-2011, 08:07 AM
the breeder gets paid down to third, the owner reward is only for win i believe.

in new york the breeder gets paid down to 5th unless they changed that.
The owner awards are now 70-20-10 for the 1st three place finishers as long as they are Fl breds. The breeders awards are thru 3rd for msw, allowance and stakes and aoc's as long as the horse isn't in for the claiming price.

lamboguy
02-03-2011, 08:33 AM
even with the change then the purses are pretty good these days in gulfstream.

its still pretty tough to win one of them straight 3yo msw or allowance races there though.

onefast99
02-03-2011, 08:57 AM

its still pretty tough to win one of them straight 3yo msw or allowance races there though.
Once the Fl derby is run Sunday April 3rd, then a lot of outfits pull their horses out of GP and head north. The Fl breds who end up staying for the rest of the meet will benefit from higher purses as the Fl bred awards monies must be given out for that particular meet. In one race last year there was an additional 19k Fl bred incentive as well as several overnight Fl bred only races where the purses were in the 75k range.

Cholly
02-03-2011, 10:01 AM

Pretty good if your horse is a Florida-bred--otherwise these purses seem light considering the handle GP gets.

The corresponding race at Aqueduct quotes a purse of "$45,000 (Up to $8,550 NYSBFOA)". Is the $8,550 included in the $45K, or is it in additional money?

lamboguy
02-03-2011, 10:12 AM
Pretty good if your horse is a Florida-bred--otherwise these purses seem light considering the handle GP gets.

The corresponding race at Aqueduct quotes a purse of "$45,000 (Up to $8,550 NYSBFOA)". Is the $8,550 included in the $45K, or is it in additional money?the breeders award is never included in the purse in new york. the only time there is an owners award there is if you have new york bred running in an open race. unless that has changed.

florida sells weather not purses, so for a msw purse to go for $40k for open horses is big money for them compared to what it was for many years.

philly park pays $45k for msw and is going up again soon. that place got great purses for everything year round now.

johnhannibalsmith
02-03-2011, 10:27 AM

The corresponding race at Aqueduct quotes a purse of "$45,000 (Up to $8,550 NYSBFOA)". Is the $8,550 included in the $45K, or is it in additional money?

If I weren't so lazy this morning I'd check the "average daily purse" at both tracks to give you a little better answer to the first sentence - I suspect that Gulfstream's stakes calendar compared to that of Aqueduct would probably account for what I assume is a greater daily distribution.

onefast99
02-03-2011, 11:15 AM
the breeders award is never included in the purse in new york. the only time there is an owners award there is if you have new york bred running in an open race. unless that has changed.

florida sells weather not purses, so for a msw purse to go for $40k for open horses is big money for them compared to what it was for many years.

philly park pays $45k for msw and is going up again soon. that place got great purses for everything year round now.
The purses are up at GP from last year on many races but not all. The lower level claimers (10k) still run for peanuts compared to Parx. But based on the weather in the north this year causing a considerable amount of cancellations and no training I think those who sent their horses to GP or Tampa were wise.