PDA

View Full Version : What tracks are similar to Parx

windoor
02-02-2011, 06:09 PM
I have only placed 4 wagers in the last week. I decided to only play Parx (Philadelphia Park) for the first quarter of this year, just to see how well a new angle I’m playing would work out. However, I’m beginning to lose patience with Parx. Too many canceled races of late.

Last year I picked up on CRC and Delaware. The results were promising, but I had very few plays, and it looks like I would have to tweak my method some more to get them to be profitable.

I usually do very well at Parx and would like to find some tracks that are very similar. Can someone point me in the right direction?

No bullrings, No speed favoring tracks. No major bias. Although I seem to do better on high variants.

I prefer low to mid-level claiming races. 7,500 to 25K. Turf, dirt or poly makes no difference to me.

Regards,

Windoor.

NJ Stinks
02-02-2011, 06:22 PM
Philadelphia Park and Keystone. ;)

fmolf
02-02-2011, 06:25 PM
I have only placed 4 wagers in the last week. I decided to only play Parx (Philadelphia Park) for the first quarter of this year, just to see how well a new angle I’m playing would work out. However, I’m beginning to lose patience with Parx. Too many canceled races of late.

Last year I picked up on CRC and Delaware. The results were promising, but I had very few plays, and it looks like I would have to tweak my method some more to get them to be profitable.

I usually do very well at Parx and would like to find some tracks that are very similar. Can someone point me in the right direction?

No bullrings, No speed favoring tracks. No major bias. Although I seem to do better on high variants.

I prefer low to mid-level claiming races. 7,500 to 25K. Turf, dirt or poly makes no difference to me.

Regards,

Windoor.
i would try Sam Houston ,Turf Paradise ,or oaklawn.

lamboguy
02-02-2011, 06:30 PM
my favorite tracks to play these days are ARAPAHOE, SULFOLK, AND ASSINBOYA.

SULFOLK looks like a no go for 2011 though.. i will replace that with FINGER LAKES

Knowclew
02-03-2011, 12:19 AM
Oaklawn is a good example...although it is a shorter meet than the marathon Parx runs, which I think is part of the appeal of Parx for handicapping.

The summer meet at Calder was probably pretty good in comparison, but obv. doesn't help now.

Robert Goren
02-03-2011, 06:55 AM
The obvious answer is Tampa. I might throw in the Fairgrounds also.

pandy
02-03-2011, 12:17 PM
Calder when it opens is similar to Parx, even though the times are much slower, and Fairgrounds is similar to Parx, longer stretch but plenty of closers and stalkers like Parx.

windoor
02-03-2011, 12:39 PM
Thanks for the replies.

I'll download some PP's from these tracks and play on paper for a few weeks.

I have 4 plays for this Friday at Sam Houston. That's more than I usually get. Maybe a good track for me. We will see.

Regards

Windoor

windoor
02-03-2011, 08:32 PM
Two winners and a high odd that placed at FG today and a monster at Tampa.

Of course I wished I had a wager down in hindsight, but still best to watch for a while. I keep telling myself to be patient. I know nothing of these tracks.

For those that play on paper, you know how hard that can be when you see the board light up.

Regards,

Windoor

windoor
02-13-2011, 07:02 PM
Thank you for Tampa, Its been very good to me, another big bomb today.

Way to early to tell if it will hold up, but so far so good. Look to be a keeper.

Fairgrounds looks good on paper (as far as finding contenders) but very few hits and the one's that do, are very low odds.

Regards,

Windoor

appistappis
02-15-2011, 12:13 AM
windoor, care to share the angle?????????

Market Mover
02-15-2011, 02:17 AM

Geez Windoor, are you still applying that fifth-off-a-layoff-second-time-Jason-Nguyen-first-off-the-claim-third-time-blinkers-off angle?:)

windoor
02-15-2011, 08:24 AM

Actually, I have eighteen of them, divided up into groups of six (6,6,6,). I call them Keys, Primary and secondary.

Every play must have a key. It’s the right combination (A recipe if you will) of the three that makes things work.

Because I never look at the odds, wager early, and check results in the evening, I can never second guess myself if I see they are going off long. Many here would call that being stupid, (sometimes I even agree, see below) but it works for me.

I had the eight horse in Parx’s 10th race yesterday. A 30 to 1 shot that got nipped at the wire. Paid $25.40 to place. I play to win only. There is some pain during it my way.

I did reply to a thread at Raybo’s site (he has an excellent Excel Spreadsheet/Workbook for handicapping races and checking results through a database) you might be interested in. Or maybe not.

http://alldataexcel.freeforums.org/the-story-problem-t7.html

Regards,

Windoor

appistappis
02-16-2011, 01:29 AM
hi windoor, I'll take a look at that...I was interested because you and I play this game in a very similar fashion.