PDA

View Full Version : Coa arrested

Southieboy
01-31-2011, 06:19 PM
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/broward/fort-lauderdale/fl-eibar-coa-jockey-arrest-20110131,0,7760632.story

JBmadera
01-31-2011, 06:23 PM
if true, i've got zero tolerance for that kind of crap. one of my fav riders but if this pans out he's going on the sh*t list...... :ThmbDown:

Stillriledup
01-31-2011, 06:39 PM
Shocking.

I talked to Coa many years ago when he was walking back to the room, he got DQ'd in the previous race and i thought the judges made a bad call, i stopped and told him he got robbed, he was really nice to me, he seemed like a gentlemen, a total pro. He didnt throw the judges under the bus when i told him they made the wrong call, he was like 'what can you do".

tzipi
01-31-2011, 07:01 PM
:ThmbDown: Always loved him on the turf. But this is just the actions of a complete moron.

cj
01-31-2011, 07:08 PM
I'm not sure why this is surprising to be honest.

Shelby
01-31-2011, 08:47 PM
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/61069/jockey-eibar-coa-arrested-in-domestic-case?utm_source=twitter

Another article.

NO excuse for that behavior.

UGH why would he do this? Sigh.

I feel sorry for the whole situation. He's thrown punches at his wife and thrown his career into a dumpster. So sad. :(

GatetoWire
01-31-2011, 09:01 PM
I'm not sure why this is surprising to be honest.

CJ: Are you saying we shouldn't be surprised because it's Coa, Athletes in general or society? Elaborate if you would please.

cj
01-31-2011, 09:12 PM
CJ: Are you saying we shouldn't be surprised because it's Coa, Athletes in general or society? Elaborate if you would please.

Coa...he has flipped out on track a few times, so doing it in private doesn't surprise me.

cj's dad
01-31-2011, 09:19 PM
I would disagree with the premise that it is all about Coa- It's about athletes in general who have been coddled for many years. Pampered from day 1, they think that their world is different than ours and behave accordingly. The Eiber Coa incident is not a surprise as if Shaq beat up his wife !!

tzipi
01-31-2011, 09:37 PM
I would disagree with the premise that it is all about Coa- It's about athletes in general who have been coddled for many years. Pampered from day 1, they think that their world is different than ours and behave accordingly. The Eiber Coa incident is not a surprise as if Shaq beat up his wife !!

I don't think it's all about pampering. There are tons and tons of pampered athletes who never have struck their gf or wife,etc and never would. There's morons in every profession. If Coa was a regular 9-5 guy he'd would still be this way. It's who he is and what he's like in life.

Cardus
01-31-2011, 09:38 PM

You cannot put jockeys in the same "coddled" group as other athletes, especially not in the United States.

The_Knight_Sky
01-31-2011, 09:49 PM
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/broward/fort-lauderdale/fl-eibar-coa-jockey-arrest-20110131,0,7760632.story

Coa won his 4,000th race aboard Maddy's Crowd at Monmouth Park in Oceanport, N.J., where he also won riding titles in 2001 and 2002. He told the Associated Press last year that he was happy to reach the milestone at the track he calls "a special place."

I was there last summer. He posed for some pics for me after the milestone.
http://theknightskyracing.blogspot.com/2010/07/eibar-coas-4000th-winners-circle.html

But clearly he needs help if he's got an alcohol problem.
Hitting your wife is inexcusable.

bigmack
01-31-2011, 10:03 PM
Domestic abuse is commonplace in his native land of Venezuela as it is in much of South America. Just ask Steve R.

His defense will be cultural.

PaceAdvantage
01-31-2011, 10:10 PM
Domestic abuse is commonplace in his native land of Venezuela as it is in much of South America. Just ask Steve R.

His defense will be cultural.As if domestic abuse isn't commonplace in the good ol' USA?

According to this report (http://www.unicef-irc.org/publications/pdf/digest6e.pdf) 28% of women (a nationally representative sample of women) reported at least one episode of physical violence from their partner in the United States.

Chile (part of South America last I looked) was LOWER at 26%.

They don't provide a breakout for Venezuela....out of the countries they did cite from Latin America and the Caribbean only Nicaragua tipped the scales at 52%

Other mind-benders: JAPAN at 59% and POLAND at 60%!!!! :eek:

This study is 11 years old BTW...

Valuist
01-31-2011, 11:11 PM
Wasn't Coa involved in some deception when he first came to the US? If I remember correctly, he presented himself as a brand new apprentice rider, even though he had several years experience in South America. He ended up having a great apprentice year in South Florida and I believe won the Eclipse award. Then it came out he had lied about his qualifications (or alleged lack there of).

I can just hear Coa's wife, berating him for riding on GP's lawn like its the spacious Belmont turf. "You can't pull that overland crap down here like you do in New York!!

toussaud
01-31-2011, 11:15 PM
going to wait to pass judgment. LOTS of false domestic abuse charges are filed in the US, trust me. This isn't the thread for my rant but I will wait to pass judgment. Not saying he didn't do it, just saying I'm gong to wait. Innocent until proven guilty, not guilty because the wife said so and is crying.

With that said, if he is guity, I don't see how this effects his riding career. I mean it's not PR but we have jockeys going home becuase they dont' want to blow and pval is just his own book lol.

bushwick
01-31-2011, 11:55 PM
what an individual does in his personal life if he can keep his liscense he is good to go! This is a proven fact as long as he rides well all will be forgotten!

AgainstAllOdds
02-01-2011, 12:00 AM
I'm a woman and it would be the last punch he ever threw. I could take out his little bad ass in a heartbeat(: There is no excuse in this world for physical abuse towards people or animals. I have a zero tolerance policy for that crap.

BombsAway Bob
02-01-2011, 12:24 AM
As if domestic abuse isn't commonplace in the good ol' USA?

According to this report (http://www.unicef-irc.org/publications/pdf/digest6e.pdf) 28% of women (a nationally representative sample of women) reported at least one episode of physical violence from their partner in the United States.

Chile (part of South America last I looked) was LOWER at 26%.

They don't provide a breakout for Venezuela....out of the countries they did cite from Latin America and the Caribbean only Nicaragua tipped the scales at 52%

Other mind-benders: JAPAN at 59% and POLAND at 60%!!!! :eek:

This study is 11 years old BTW...

if you cite the percentage of "partner violence" following a night out drinking at a club after Midnight, i'd say the numbers skew quite higher!

JustRalph
02-01-2011, 01:11 AM
take it from someone who has taken about over 12k 911 calls in my time and probably handled a 1000 domestic calls in person.

There are cultural differences that come into play in domestic assaults.

But the one ingredient that is almost always involved.........?

Alcohol

The first symptom of intoxication? Loss of inhibition. Alcohol reveals a persons true personality.

AgainstAllOdds
02-01-2011, 01:25 AM
going to wait to pass judgment. LOTS of false domestic abuse charges are filed in the US, trust me. This isn't the thread for my rant but I will wait to pass judgment. Not saying he didn't do it, just saying I'm gong to wait. Innocent until proven guilty, not guilty because the wife said so and is crying.

With that said, if he is guity, I don't see how this effects his riding career. I mean it's not PR but we have jockeys going home becuase they dont' want to blow and pval is just his own book lol.
__________________________________________________ ______________

Did you not get the word "punched?" You can be assured if the police were called pictures were taken. It's protocol in domestic abuse cases where domestic violence charges are filed. They didn't arrest the little guy without proof. Crying? Really...you said that?

rrpic6
02-01-2011, 02:24 AM
take it from someone who has taken about over 12k 911 calls in my time and probably handled a 1000 domestic calls in person.

There are cultural differences that come into play in domestic assaults.

But the one ingredient that is almost always involved.........?

Alcohol

The first symptom of intoxication? Loss of inhibition. Alcohol reveals a persons true personality.

My dear old departed Mom always told me to test potential mates by getting them drunk.....she said the same thing.....alcohol reveals a person's true personality.

RR

xfile
02-01-2011, 05:28 AM
He obviously has an alcohol problem among emotional problems. He should be offered help as well as punishment. 90 days in jail and 2 years probation. Domestic abuse classes and AA court ordered. This is a major screw up he made. Society has little tolerance for such actions.

judd
02-01-2011, 05:42 AM
big ben is in the super bowl, thats all pittsburgh fans care about :mad:

Relwob Owner
02-01-2011, 05:47 AM

I dont see Pval as a valid comparison.....his damage has been mostly self inflicted and unless I missed something, he never punched a woman. If he is found guilty, I would hope that at least some and ideally, all owners and trainers would never ride him again, as I know I wouldnt.

xfile
02-01-2011, 06:16 AM
I dont see Pval as a valid comparison.....his damage has been mostly self inflicted and unless I missed something, he never punched a woman. If he is found guilty, I would hope that at least some and ideally, all owners and trainers would never ride him again, as I know I wouldnt.Good point Relwob. I don't remember ever hearing that PVal was abusing a woman or anyone while drinking. Not saying drinking and riding isn't dangerous but I don't think he hurt anyone off the track as a result of drinking. Does anyone know if PVal ever got a Battery charge or worse? I think Coa gets conviction here or pleas out. They have pictures of his wife. Unless some of you feel she punched herself in the face and called the cops. Possible but not likely. Coa sealed his fate here I believe. Too bad for turf racing as he was one of the best. But you just can't crack your wife or anyone for that matter. Not to say there's not a few people I wouldn't mind doing a Joe D. off their skull if I could get away with it. No females though.

Relwob Owner
02-01-2011, 07:19 AM
Good point Relwob. I don't remember ever hearing that PVal was abusing a woman or anyone while drinking. Not saying drinking and riding isn't dangerous but I don't think he hurt anyone off the track as a result of drinking. Does anyone know if PVal ever got a Battery charge or worse? I think Coa gets conviction here or pleas out. They have pictures of his wife. Unless some of you feel she punched herself in the face and called the cops. Possible but not likely. Coa sealed his fate here I believe. Too bad for turf racing as he was one of the best. But you just can't crack your wife or anyone for that matter. Not to say there's not a few people I wouldn't mind doing a Joe D. off their skull if I could get away with it. No females though.

You bring up a good point abt Pval in terms of what he did to himself possibly endangering riders when he is on the track.......as far as Coa goes, if he is found guilty, I hope he gets as stiff a penalty as possible and that owners and trainers have long memories with regards to this incident. Unfortunately, it seems as if in sports, talent often forces people to overlook and dismiss this type of behavior.

xfile
02-01-2011, 07:24 AM
You bring up a good point abt Pval in terms of what he did to himself possibly endangering riders when he is on the track.......as far as Coa goes, if he is found guilty, I hope he gets as stiff a penalty as possible and that owners and trainers have long memories with regards to this incident. Unfortunately, it seems as if in sports, talent often forces people to overlook and dismiss this type of behavior.
They don't take wife abuse lightly however. It's not Charlie Sheen with cocaine and hookers "the victimless crimes"...lol

xfile
02-01-2011, 07:26 AM
They don't take wife abuse lightly however. It's not Charlie Sheen with cocaine and hookers "the victimless crimes"...lol
Ooops I forgot. Sheen shot 1 wife and beat up another. Well I guess Coa needs to crack a few jokes to dodge this bullet.

Relwob Owner
02-01-2011, 07:32 AM

I hope not.......now, Charlie, well that could be an entire thread on its own!

andicap
02-01-2011, 09:37 AM
I've never understood violent drunks. When I used to get four sheets to the wind I was the happiest guy in the world. Everyone's different, I know -- I guess if you're predisposed to being violent it will come out under the influence of alcohol.

That's why pot is so great! You ever hear of domestic abuse cases under the influence of marijuana? Maybe fighting over the last piece of pizza. :)

toussaud
02-01-2011, 10:02 AM
okay, roll with me here, from a purely horse racing standpoint how is someone who hits his wife, worse than a guy who gets on a 1200 pound horse high or drunk? I don't get that.

I'm not saying one is better or worse than the other, but okay actually I am. If I were judging, I would ride coa before I would ride pval. Coa has never indicated he endangered other riders (At least because of being intoxicated)

xfile
02-01-2011, 10:10 AM
okay, roll with me here, from a purely horse racing standpoint how is someone who hits his wife, worse than a guy who gets on a 1200 pound horse high or drunk? I don't get that.

I'm not saying one is better or worse than the other, but okay actually I am. If I were judging, I would ride coa before I would ride pval. Coa has never indicated he endangered other riders (At least because of being intoxicated)He was not caught but I'm willing to bet he has rode lit up. He definitely has an alcohol problem.

wizard_of_odds
02-01-2011, 11:00 AM
Sounds like he has small mans syndrone...Really takes a man to hit a lady!!..He is getting what he deserves and it looks good on him now that the whole racing world knows he is a woman beater.Lucky he isnt married to Dodie Dyes as she would have knocked his block off..Hope he gets to rot in jail for a while..Has a million dollar home but now he is sitting in a 10 by 10 cell..Way to go Coa..Glad you have reached this milestone!! :ThmbDown:

AgainstAllOdds
02-01-2011, 11:41 AM
Unfortunately, most of the women that call the police and have their partner arrested fail to follow through with the charges. They get thinking about the loss of income, etc., and of course the promises that it will never happen again (but it will-again and again.) If she drops charges he could be back riding before long to be honest. I would love to see her follow through with this, but most women honestly don't, and they go back to their abuser.

As for P. Val, he was his own worse demon, with drugs and alcohol. I've never heard of him hurting anyone but himself to be honest. I also feel like he's finally, after all these years, cleaned up his act and is riding great.

It's unfortunate that this case against Coa will probably end up being dismissed by the wife, and that would be a shame. I wish I had a nickel for all the women in battered women's shelters (I volunteer at one) that go back to the abuser over and over again. They feel trapped, don't have their own job, or are just scared of him. An abuser will often threaten the victim's family members also. They are manipulative.

Relwob Owner
02-01-2011, 11:41 AM

I'm not saying one is better or worse than the other, but okay actually I am. If I were judging, I would ride coa before I would ride pval. Coa has never indicated he endangered other riders (At least because of being intoxicated)

I wouldnt ride either on one of my horses.

Question-has it ever been proven that Pval rode drunk or high? I know off the track it has but I am not sure that it has been shown he has done it while riding.

If Coa did what he did and in addition has an alcohol problem, that shows that he is a danger to other riders every time he is on the track. First, hitting a woman shows a complete lack of self control and disregard for others, a quality which would put others at risk during a race. Next, it raises the question of whether he has ever been hungover or drunk during his rides which both would be dangerous. Did you take those into account in your analysis?

pandy
02-01-2011, 11:49 AM
I could never understand how a man could hit a woman. As for drinking, people who get angry when drunk shouldn't drink; the purpose of getting drunk is to have a good time.

AgainstAllOdds
02-01-2011, 11:51 AM
If you have to drink to have a good time, you already have a problem.

magwell
02-01-2011, 01:01 PM
[QUOTE=.

That's why pot is so great! You ever hear of domestic abuse cases under the influence of marijuana? Maybe fighting over the last piece of pizza. :)[/QUOTE] Classic.....:cool:

Grits
02-01-2011, 01:05 PM
Domestic abuse is what it is, and horrible. Something I've not ever been a victim of. Still, there's two sides to every story.

One thought that does occur, there are many woman, in a rage of anger, who will either slap the living hell out of a man or knock the daylights out of him with nearest thing she can get her hands on. Anything in an attempt to knock his brains out.

THESE ARE NOT SMART WOMEN, matter of fact, they are profoundly stupid women. They, often, are begging for trouble, blatantly so. As commonly too, they can be as big a drunks as any male, and as impulsive and out of control.

As a female, you couldn't give me enough money to make me hit a man, therefore, angering him to the point of reacting in a way that can be, most often, impulse, instant reaction, the human nature of males.

A woman opens herself up completely to violence if she hits a man. Male and female are built and wired differently. Something a woman shouldn't ever forget or test the validity of.

Women can get out. Not all women stay out of fear, lack of education or work. Some stay for the money and the lifestyle; this I have seen. Not all are downtrodden, poor and uneducated.

Things can be two sided.

How many of you know men who've called the police, gone downtown filed spousal abuse charges, and knocked on the door of the abuse shelter, stating, "my wife beat the living hell out of me. I've got 8 stitches in the back of my head. Can I stay here??

This is rare, this is an embarrassment for a male, I would think. It, most likely, goes unreported. Still, it happens.

Bluto Blutarsky
02-01-2011, 02:15 PM
I'm a woman and it would be the last punch he ever threw. I could take out his little bad ass in a heartbeat(: There is no excuse in this world for physical abuse towards people or animals. I have a zero tolerance policy for that crap.

Please wait until Coa is asleep. He was a 5 time judo champion between the ages of 8 and 18.

Cardus
02-01-2011, 02:21 PM

You needn't have self-incriminated to make your point, you know.

toussaud
02-01-2011, 02:55 PM
You needn't have self-incriminated to make your point, you know.
you are defiantly barking up the wrong tree my friend. Just do your self a favor and read what grits so eloquently stated and get back to me. I just so happen to live in the real world and know that there is usually alot more to any situation than meets the eye and I'm willing to wait to pass judgment.

If that makes me a woman beater in your silly little world than so be it. Because there is absolutely no way to get back at a guy like coa for pissing you off, or whatever the case may be, than to hit him where it really hurts, the horse track. There is no physical injury she could have given him, that hurts more than that blood horse article. I'm not saying that is the case, but hell hath no fury... If he did hit her he will get what's coming to him.

Let's look at the not too distant news.. people already forgot about it.

The coach at Pittsburgh for like a week lol, he was leaving south bend, and their was a domestic violence call from his baby mama lol. she said, in the report she was hit, and he beat her. They locked him up, his job was terminated, his new job paying like 1.5 million dollars a year, was terminated.

low and behold, after all the media affairs had blown over

http://www.wndu.com/hometop/headlines/Haywood_victim_speaks_in_court__113633329.html

now, she is saying under oath that he "never posed a threat" and "didn't' want him arrested" But now, the damage is done. he lost his job. how can a guy who allegedly beat you not pose a threat lol? I can tell you when, when you weren't beaten in the first place. He said all along, the truth will come out.. but she got what she wanted in the deal and no one gives a crap about him anymore.

So yes, I will hold out utnil I hear what really happened, either way. Things are never as they appear. As handicappers you all should know that.

onefast99
02-01-2011, 03:24 PM
At the bottom of that story there is an advertisement....

Win dinner for two. Share your love story and you could win! (http://interactive.sun-sentinel.com/entertainment/holiday/valentine/2011?track=ss-mark-ent-promo-valentine)

Who would ever advertise something like this under a story about domestic violence.

bigmack
02-01-2011, 03:54 PM
Unfortunately, most of the women that call the police and have their partner arrested fail to follow through with the charges. They get thinking about the loss of income, etc., and of course the promises that it will never happen again (but it will-again and again.) If she drops charges he could be back riding before long to be honest.
It doesn't work that way anymore. Cops see injury, charges are filed and they stay filed.

Cardus
02-01-2011, 04:26 PM
you are defiantly barking up the wrong tree my friend. Just do your self a favor and read what grits so eloquently stated and get back to me. I just so happen to live in the real world and know that there is usually alot more to any situation than meets the eye and I'm willing to wait to pass judgment.

If that makes me a woman beater in your silly little world than so be it. Because there is absolutely no way to get back at a guy like coa for pissing you off, or whatever the case may be, than to hit him where it really hurts, the horse track. There is no physical injury she could have given him, that hurts more than that blood horse article. I'm not saying that is the case, but hell hath no fury... If he did hit her he will get what's coming to him.

Let's look at the not too distant news.. people already forgot about it.

The coach at Pittsburgh for like a week lol, he was leaving south bend, and their was a domestic violence call from his baby mama lol. she said, in the report she was hit, and he beat her. They locked him up, his job was terminated, his new job paying like 1.5 million dollars a year, was terminated.

low and behold, after all the media affairs had blown over

http://www.wndu.com/hometop/headlines/Haywood_victim_speaks_in_court__113633329.html

now, she is saying under oath that he "never posed a threat" and "didn't' want him arrested" But now, the damage is done. he lost his job. how can a guy who allegedly beat you not pose a threat lol? I can tell you when, when you weren't beaten in the first place. He said all along, the truth will come out.. but she got what she wanted in the deal and no one gives a crap about him anymore.

So yes, I will hold out utnil I hear what really happened, either way. Things are never as they appear. As handicappers you all should know that.

Whoa, big fella!

First, just focus on what I highlighted in the post that I quoted. (Not this post, the prior post.) I was joking about the way you worded that sentence. I saw humor in that sentence alone, which is why I highlighted it.

Secondly, there was nothing defiant in my barking.

AgainstAllOdds
02-01-2011, 06:47 PM
Please wait until Coa is asleep. He was a 5 time judo champion between the ages of 8 and 18.

I have a black belt in karate. I probably also have 5 inches in height on him and about 20 lbs. or better. I think I can take care of the little man without him being asleep. I'll just knee him in the jaw...because it appears that's where the knee will land in his case anyway. :lol:

AgainstAllOdds
02-01-2011, 07:04 PM
It doesn't work that way anymore. Cops see injury, charges are filed and they stay filed.

I'm so glad to hear that. I do know a lot of women come with their children to the shelters and have never called the police. Many of the same women show up over and over again, and always they give in to the "sweet talk" when the guy sobers up and they go back to the same situation. I'm glad to hear if you take the steps to call the police that they follow through and procecute. I'm glad she had the courage to file charges. I'm guessing this isn't the first time this has happened, but I bet it just might be the last.

Thanks for the update.

Greyfox
02-01-2011, 07:17 PM
I have a black belt in karate. I probably also have 5 inches in height on him and about 20 lbs. or better.

Eibar Coe Height: 5'3"; Weight: 112;

From what you've said above:

AgainstAllOdds - that must put you at about 5'8 and 132 lbs.

Assuming that you are male AgainstAllOdds, that puts you at least 8 lbs under the lightest weight you should be if you have a small frame. If you have a medium frame or large frame you are at least 20 lbs under weight.
Oh, my Gawd...you're starving.

cj
02-01-2011, 07:52 PM

I think Greyfox misses this one.

sister mikki
02-01-2011, 07:58 PM

Assuming that you are male AgainstAllOdds, that puts you at least 8 lbs under the lightest weight you should be if you have a small frame. If you have a medium frame or large frame you are at least 20 lbs under weight.

AgainstAllOdds is female . Not starving, even though muscle weighs more than fat .

It is a safe assumption that a black belt in karate comes with a low fat body mass .

Cardus
02-01-2011, 08:09 PM
AgainstAllOdds is female . Not starving, even though muscle weighs more than fat .

It is a safe assumption that a black belt in karate comes with a low fat body mass .

Muscle does not weight more than fat. A pound of muscle is more dense than a pound of fat -- which has more volume -- but muscle does not weigh more than fat.

This is a myth.

(Does a pound of feathers weigh more than a pound of lead?)

Your sister never would have posted such rubbish.

Greyfox
02-01-2011, 08:23 PM
I think Greyfox misses this one.

Yes. Ooops. :blush:
Sorry AgainstAllOdds.
That said, you are a lean fighting machine for a lady for sure, albeit within range for a small frame.

toussaud
02-01-2011, 08:27 PM
Muscle does not weight more than fat. A pound of muscle is more dense than a pound of fat -- which has more volume -- but muscle does not weigh more than fat.

This is a myth.

(Does a pound of feathers weigh more than a pound of lead?)

Your sister never would have posted such rubbish.
On a volume basis, muscle DOES weigh more than fat. It's roughly 20% denser.

All Sister was trying to convey is that if you took a regular 5'8 132pound person and took the poster who has more muscle at 5'8 132, she would be bigger. All 132 pounds is not equal, just like all 112 pounds is not equal.

A 132 pound person whose mass is made up of muscle, and not fat, would have a drastic advantage over the other person. Also becuase muscle is more compact they would look bigger than 132pounds

AgainstAllOdds
02-01-2011, 08:29 PM

__________________________________________________ ____

I'm a woman, and I'm 5'8" and 135 lbs. I'm not starving at all. My BMI is perfect as a matter of fact. I still bet I can take him down:)

Cardus
02-01-2011, 08:31 PM
On a volume basis, muscle DOES weigh more than fat. It's roughly 20% denser.

I didn't discuss this on a volume basis: muscle does not weight more than fat. Sister Ni... Mikki, the way that she presented it, was wrong.

And muscle is denser than fat.

toussaud
02-01-2011, 08:33 PM
I didn't discuss this on a volume basis: muscle does not weight more than fat. Sister Ni... Mikki, the way that she presented it, was wrong.

And muscle is denser than fat.
Everyone KNOWS that a pound is a pound. And Im fairly sure that you knew what she MEANT when they said it. It's just a stupid semantic argument---usually on-line---trying to embarrass or shame someone becasue they didn't say, "Of the same cubic volume of muscle and fat, muscle weighs more."

bigmack
02-01-2011, 08:47 PM
It's just a stupid semantic argument---usually on-line---trying to embarrass or shame someone becasue they didn't say, "Of the same cubic volume of muscle and fat, muscle weighs more."
It certainly seems petty and unnecessary. Then again, I can vouch for the fact Cardus is anti-semantic. :rolleyes:

Bluto Blutarsky
02-01-2011, 08:51 PM
__________________________________________________ ____

I'm a woman, and I'm 5'8" and 135 lbs. I'm not starving at all. My BMI is perfect as a matter of fact. I still bet I can take him down:)

I can see it now....

MAIN EVENT- AgainstAllOdds vs Eibar "the alleged" Coa

undercard- Bluto "Body Beautiful" Blutarsky vs "Mr. Lonely" Tom

BE THERE

AgainstAllOdds
02-01-2011, 09:04 PM
This will probably be Coa's first legal fight. VEGAS BABY? I'm in!! The undercard sounds hillarious. :lol:

Cardus
02-01-2011, 09:36 PM
Everyone KNOWS that a pound is a pound. And Im fairly sure that you knew what she MEANT when they said it. It's just a stupid semantic argument---usually on-line---trying to embarrass or shame someone becasue they didn't say, "Of the same cubic volume of muscle and fat, muscle weighs more."

You're giving her too much credit... and me too little, my friend.

Cardus
02-01-2011, 09:40 PM
It certainly seems petty and unnecessary. Then again, I can vouch for the fact Cardus is anti-semantic. :rolleyes:

This has become a "Have Cardus, will Bigmack" kind of thing here, no?

And I have read petty and unnecessary here: in the Off-Topic: General room. Lots of that there, my friend. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

AgainstAllOdds
02-01-2011, 09:43 PM
It's true that 5 lbs. of fat weighs exactly the same as 5 lbs. of muscle. I can tell you though that 5 lbs. of muscle looks a heck of a lot better, because it's toned and has no cellulite.....if it "looks better" it looks like less to be honest. This is a silly argument. Anyone with half a mind would prefer the 5 lbs. of muscle compared to the 5 lbs. of fat.

Cardus
02-01-2011, 09:49 PM
It's true that 5 lbs. of fat weighs exactly the same as 5 lbs. of muscle. I can tell you though that 5 lbs. of muscle looks a heck of a lot better, because it's toned and has no cellulite.....if it "looks better" it looks like less to be honest. This is a silly argument. Anyone with half a mind would prefer the 5 lbs. of muscle compared to the 5 lbs. of fat.

Thanks, Capt. Obvious. 'ppreciate it.

AgainstAllOdds
02-01-2011, 09:54 PM
You are most welcome for my astute observations. Now back to your regularly scheduled programming. Continue bantering and battering over trivial stuff, because I think we left the subject matter, which was Coa, a long time ago. Oh what a tangled thread....

Cardus
02-01-2011, 09:57 PM
You are most welcome for my astute observations. Now back to your regularly scheduled programming. Continue bantering and battering over trivial stuff, because I think we left the subject matter, which was Coa, a long time ago. Oh what a tangled thread....

I don't know if you are Winter Triangle, but some of your posts in this thread are Winter Triangle-esque, without question.

AgainstAllOdds
02-01-2011, 10:07 PM
I don't know if you are Winter Triangle, but some of your posts in this thread are Winter Triangle-esque, without question.

I hate to disappoint you, but I'm clueless who or what a Winter Triangle is (except for the one I'm living in.) I'm just a woman that found this subject matter interesting because I volunteer at a battered womens' shelter.

I' m sorry, but I'm just me. You, on the other hand, seem to like trouble and arguing and I'm not going to be the one to oblige you on this one, so you will have to carry on without me.

Cardus
02-01-2011, 10:11 PM
I hate to disappoint you, but I'm clueless who or what a Winter Triangle is (except for the one I'm living in.) I'm just a woman that found this subject matter interesting because I volunteer at a battered womens' shelter.

I' m sorry, but I'm just me. You, on the other hand, seem to like trouble and arguing and I'm not going to be the one to oblige you on this one, so you will have to carry on without me.

Not at all.

bigmack
02-01-2011, 10:50 PM
=And I have read petty and unnecessary here: in the Off-Topic: General room. Lots of that there, my friend.
Tell me about it. Like you insisting a thread be closed because you can't handle an adult discussion and telling people to gfy.

Stay classy my chump. :ThmbUp:

Bullet Plane
02-01-2011, 11:14 PM
Maybe they can check him into the Betty Ford Clinic and get this poor guy some help.

Valuist
02-02-2011, 01:29 AM
I have a black belt in karate. I probably also have 5 inches in height on him and about 20 lbs. or better. I think I can take care of the little man without him being asleep. I'll just knee him in the jaw...because it appears that's where the knee will land in his case anyway. :lol:

Thats interesting because in post 18 of this thread you said there's no excuse for violence against animals or humans. Which is it? I get it; its ok if YOU are dishing the violence out. You're a proven hypocrite and all the evidence is right here in this thread.

JustRalph
02-02-2011, 01:49 AM
I can think of a couple places adding five pounds of fat to a lady could look pretty good....................
:lol: :lol:

BlueShoe
02-02-2011, 10:19 AM
I can see it now....

MAIN EVENT- AgainstAllOdds vs Eibar "the alleged" Coa

BE THERE
Better still, how about matching Eibar against Calvin "get out of my way" Borel?:cool: :ThmbUp:

joanied
02-02-2011, 11:20 AM
Man, it's unbeleivable that some people have to always have something nasty and unnecessary to say, even if it means bringing in a member that has been long gone from this forum.

AgainstAllOdds
02-02-2011, 11:29 AM
Thats interesting because in post 18 of this thread you said there's no excuse for violence against animals or humans. Which is it? I get it; its ok if YOU are dishing the violence out. You're a proven hypocrite and all the evidence is right here in this thread.

I make exceptions for wife beaters. I don't consider them even remotely human. If that makes me a hypocrit, so be it.

joanied
02-02-2011, 11:33 AM
I've never understood violent drunks. When I used to get four sheets to the wind I was the happiest guy in the world. Everyone's different, I know -- I guess if you're predisposed to being violent it will come out under the influence of alcohol.

That's why pot is so great! You ever hear of domestic abuse cases under the influence of marijuana? Maybe fighting over the last piece of pizza. :)

Some humor in a thread about something very serious...:cool: that's hilarious, really...
but, true...if pot was legal and alcohol not, things would be much better...if Coa had smoked too much, he would never have hit his wife...he would have been raiding the refrigerator:) ...

serioulsy, though, how long have they been married? Do they have children?
I know all about alcoholics, my dad was one...and he got violent when he was drunk...in my experience, most drunks have a violent side and it comes out when they drink...as some here have said, I also beleive a person's true colors come out when they drink.
There is always two sides to a story like this...maybe she got in his face (I know a lot of women will do that, although for the man to react with violence is unacceptable), but to try and hide in the bathroom kinda tells you she was scared of Coa that night...and rightfully so, you cannot reason with someone who is drunk...
was this the first time
he ever hit her? That will play a part is whatever sentence he gets...but the bottom line for me is, if this is true, and with police photos, you know it is...then he deserves to be punished by the full extent of the law...I hope he's completely ashamed of himself...yeah, he needs help, but IMO, 'we' don't get tough enough when it's someone that has any celebrity at all, and that just ain't right.

AgainstAllOdds
02-02-2011, 11:49 AM
Joanied, some of these guys are like dogs with bones. I don't believe in abuse of animals or people, but that doesn't mean for one second I wouldn't defend myself against someone/something who started the abuse. If a pit bull had my dog by the neck I wouldn't hesitate to shoot the pit bull. That's called preservation in my book. Defending yourself against an abuser is self-preservation. I would love to take little men like Coa down a peg. I think he suffers from "little guy's syndrome" which is pretty common. It's like my little dog that looks in a mirror and sees a lion:) There is no excuse for phyical violence, but you also have to protect yourself. That's why women should carry pepper spray, and yes I'm 100% behind the right to bear arms. I wouldn't hesitate to take someone down that was coming at me with a weapon or breaking into my home. Because I don't believe in abuse doesn't mean I won't protect myself and my family from predators. That's stupid to think any other way.

Like I said, you give some of these guys a bone and they will gnaw at it and pick apart anything that was said for ages. They love a good fight it appears, but unfortunately you would have to be childish enough to indulge them. Would I have defended myself against some little guy like Coa...you can bet on it. Some people on this forum live to fight. What miserable little lives they must live.

Beachbabe
02-02-2011, 12:27 PM
Coa actually picked up an extra mount today; riding the :3: in the first.

AgainstAllOdds
02-02-2011, 12:32 PM
Coa actually picked up an extra mount today; riding the :3: in the first.

The people that think this will hurt his racing career are wrong I think. He's out on bail and free to ride, and owners are still using him. In time, it will all be forgotten. It reminds me of the Charlie Sheen thing...everyone listens, but not many people dislike him or the show.:) It's a blip for Coa. It's a big one for me, but for most people...meh. It means little.

joanied
02-02-2011, 01:09 PM
Joanied, some of these guys are like dogs with bones. I don't believe in abuse of animals or people, but that doesn't mean for one second I wouldn't defend myself against someone/something who started the abuse. If a pit bull had my dog by the neck I wouldn't hesitate to shoot the pit bull. That's called preservation in my book. Defending yourself against an abuser is self-preservation. I would love to take little men like Coa down a peg. I think he suffers from "little guy's syndrome" which is pretty common. It's like my little dog that looks in a mirror and sees a lion:) There is no excuse for phyical violence, but you also have to protect yourself. That's why women should carry pepper spray, and yes I'm 100% behind the right to bear arms. I wouldn't hesitate to take someone down that was coming at me with a weapon or breaking into my home. Because I don't believe in abuse doesn't mean I won't protect myself and my family from predators. That's stupid to think any other way.

Like I said, you give some of these guys a bone and they will gnaw at it and pick apart anything that was said for ages. They love a good fight it appears, but unfortunately you would have to be childish enough to indulge them. Would I have defended myself against some little guy like Coa...you can bet on it. Some people on this forum live to fight. What miserable little lives they must live.

I hope you didn't think that I think it's wrong to protect yourself:eek: I agree with what your take is on this thing...
I am also an animal person, and would not think twice about shooting a dog that had one of mine in a death grip...I would not think twice about shooting a person that was beating up on a loved one, and I would not think twice about defending myself....and have done so. I also beleive in the right to carry arms, and in fact, we own many guns and I know how to use them...I'm a very goos shot, and I'm also very strong and know how to fight:) ...

now sometimes, in a domestic fight such as Coa's, if the woman strikes back and especially if the man (and in this case, I use that term loosely) is drunk, hitting him back will only serve to drive him to hitting you more/harder...if at that particular time I was Coa's wife, a good kick to his groin would have takem him to his knees...every situation like this is different, I think you'd agree with that.

I can't say, or even venture to guess, what type pf person Coa is...but any man, small in stature or large is not a man if he strikes any person that cannot or will not defend himself/herself.

Coa is a Pinhead:)

Greyfox
02-02-2011, 01:11 PM
Geez, you two..ahem Ladies...are talking more about violence on this thread than I've seen in a long time.

AgainstAllOdds
02-02-2011, 01:14 PM
I think he's way to short for me to connect with his groin, so I guess I'll take aim at his chin.:) No, I didn't mind your reply at all. I was striking back at Valuist's statement about "my not believing in abuse", and I don't....but by no means does that mean I am beyond defending myself or my loved ones.

I think his skewed thinking sucks to be honest, and he's just looking for an argument.

joanied
02-02-2011, 01:58 PM
I think he's way to short for me to connect with his groin, so I guess I'll take aim at his chin.:) No, I didn't mind your reply at all. I was striking back at Valuist's statement about "my not believing in abuse", and I don't....but by no means does that mean I am beyond defending myself or my loved ones.

I think his skewed thinking sucks to be honest, and he's just looking for an argument.

Guess that's between you and Vaultist then...but you used my name, so I replied...I think we're on the same page:)

Dahoss9698
02-02-2011, 02:02 PM
What an interesting thread this turned into.

For the record, I'm a super hero that is not only able to fly, but also shoot fire our of my hands. I'd like to see someone top that.

AgainstAllOdds
02-02-2011, 02:04 PM
[QUOTE=joanied]Guess that's between you and Vaultist then...but you used my name, so I replied...I think we're on the same page:)[/QUOTE

Sorry Joanie, I was simply agreeing with your thread. The fact that I felt Valuist spoke unfairly is another story. I think he is looking for things to pick at, but he isn't worth the trouble of arguing with. It appears there are people on this forum who are just on the attack all the time. It's nothing you did or said at all.:)]

joanied
02-02-2011, 02:06 PM
Geez, you two..ahem Ladies...are talking more about violence on this thread than I've seen in a long time.

Not violence in general and neither of us (guess I can actually just speak for myself here) are violent persons...maybe you are being funny, but if you are serious you are missing the point, Greyfox...
we're talking about defending against violence...ya gotta be real here and the fact is, someone is violent against you or a loved one, including your animals, it takes (in almost every case) violence to protect one's self, loved ones or animals...that is all we mean, protection & defense.
Me...I've never started a fight in my life...but I have finished some, and come to the aid of one that is weaker than the one doing the violence upon them.
Protection & defense:)

AgainstAllOdds
02-02-2011, 02:06 PM
What an interesting thread this turned into.

For the record, I'm a super hero that is not only able to fly, but also shoot fire our of my hands. I'd like to see someone top that.

Get back to me when you can shoot sprarkly rainbows out of your butt.

Cardus
02-02-2011, 03:05 PM

Sharp post.

joanied
02-02-2011, 03:47 PM
[QUOTE=joanied]Guess that's between you and Vaultist then...but you used my name, so I replied...I think we're on the same page:)[/QUOTE

Sorry Joanie, I was simply agreeing with your thread. The fact that I felt Valuist spoke unfairly is another story. I think he is looking for things to pick at, but he isn't worth the trouble of arguing with. It appears there are people on this forum who are just on the attack all the time. It's nothing you did or said at all.:)]

Hey, no problem, AAO...we are on the same page with this domestic violence thing, and in general, any type violence against one's person, loved ones or animals:) ...
and you're right, there are folks here on the attack all the time, and will actually go through the trouble of seeking out any post that they can make digs at, and certain folks here are their preferred 'targets' :faint:

PaceAdvantage
02-02-2011, 06:53 PM
Get back to me when you can shoot sprarkly rainbows out of your butt.This isn't taking long... :rolleyes: