PDA

View Full Version : Zito has another one

Jasonm921
01-30-2011, 07:05 PM
I've never been a Zito fan...mainly because His horses never really run consistent performances. I have to say though it is amazing how this guy always has a 3 year old colt up his sleeve. Once Dialed In gets his head straight he will be extremely tough on that Churchill stretch.

MickJ26
01-30-2011, 07:47 PM
Looks like a very strong group of 3yos.
Crossbow for Darley/Kiaran may be a major player as well.

point given
01-30-2011, 08:05 PM
Very impressive run after a slow start and giving the field 10-15 lengths, leparoux now has 2 hosses, after riding the john ward hoss earlier in the card and coming up a length short on that one.

nijinski
01-30-2011, 11:29 PM
Looks like one to watch , but lets see how he progresses .
His Sire could go 10f but the Dam side falls way short of
the Classic distances.

JustRalph
01-31-2011, 12:58 AM
Zito? in the Belmont is the only time I pay attention to him.

I guess I better watch this replay. Lots of chatter on twitter etc

picojim
01-31-2011, 01:52 AM
Very impressive run after a slow start and giving the field 10-15 lengths, leparoux now has 2 hosses, after riding the john ward hoss earlier in the card and coming up a length short on that one.

yeah maybe Julien wins the derby and the oaks with them

nijinski
01-31-2011, 02:44 AM
Zito? in the Belmont is the only time I pay attention to him.

I guess I better watch this replay. Lots of chatter on twitter etc

If this horse runs true to his breeding Zito needs another for the
Belmont , But I'm definately interested to see what he can do with
this talented one.

NY BRED
01-31-2011, 09:15 PM
Sure looked good yesterday at GPX and built to run all day!

Nicky is finally back for the Derby!

:jump: :jump: :jump:

Striker
02-01-2011, 01:06 PM
yeah maybe Julien wins the derby and the oaks with them
IMO Julien will be on Kathmanblu in the Oaks for McPeek over the Ward filly if she turns up there.

joanied
02-01-2011, 09:08 PM
How about this...a thread that is giving Dialed In his due...I really liked him for several reasons...and although some others here are arguing his numbers and all that, I looked at his maiden win, his works, his pedigree and the fact Zito trains and Julien aboard...that kid has the aptience of a saint...regardless of his numbers or anything else, when the gate opened and he had that horrible start, I got so mad...then there he goes, picks himself up, gets to cruisin' with those patient hands on the reins and comes home like gangbusters...and seemed to me, didn't turn a hair.
He's on my Derby list.

Dahoss9698
02-01-2011, 09:18 PM
How about this...a thread that is giving Dialed In his due...I really liked him for several reasons...and although some others here are arguing his numbers and all that, I looked at his maiden win, his works, his pedigree and the fact Zito trains and Julien aboard...that kid has the aptience of a saint...regardless of his numbers or anything else, when the gate opened and he had that horrible start, I got so mad...then there he goes, picks himself up, gets to cruisin' with those patient hands on the reins and comes home like gangbusters...and seemed to me, didn't turn a hair.
He's on my Derby list.

Dialed In had a horrible start in the Holy Bull? Have you seen the race?

redshift1
02-01-2011, 10:23 PM
IMO Julien will be on Kathmanblu in the Oaks for McPeek over the Ward filly if she turns up there.

Leparoux has some decision making to do. Riding for Zito, Mcpeek, Maker and a few others he has multiple options for both The Derby and Oaks.

joanied
02-02-2011, 10:52 AM
To clarify...15 lengths behind is IMO, a pretty bad start...even for a late runner.

elysiantraveller
02-02-2011, 11:52 AM
Dialed In had a horrible start in the Holy Bull? Have you seen the race?

Obviously not.

joanied
02-02-2011, 12:08 PM
I have my opinion...you have yours...no need to get nasty about it. Jeeze.

CincyHorseplayer
02-02-2011, 12:58 PM
I'm skeptical just yet.The race was loaded with early speed and the first 2 quarters went in 23.4 and 22.2.A perfect setup for closers,in which the horses running 9th and 8th finished 1st and 3rd and in a slow time at that.

The horse who ran the best race was Sweet Ducky.he was actually leading before the 1/4 mile and settled back about 2 lengths off those fast splits,went about 6 wide entering,got the lead briefly and fought off the 3rd place finisher.

Somebody mentioned the Raise A Native line the other day as being successful in the Triple Crown Series.This guy has it on both sire and dam side.What do you think??

http://www.equineline.com/Free-5X-Pedigree.cfm?page_state=ORDER_AND_CONFIRM&reference_number=8310222&registry=T&horse_name=Sweet+Ducky&ASCID=1443262

cj
02-02-2011, 12:59 PM
I have my opinion...you have yours...no need to get nasty about it. Jeeze.

If you post opinions, people will usually comment on them on a message board. What is the point if they don't? Obviously, the poster thought your opinion was silly, like it or not. It wasn't against the TOS, so you can respond or move on. Crying about it won't accomplish anything.

Charlie D
02-02-2011, 01:05 PM
Think Dahoss may be refering to break out of gate where Dialed In broke well and on terms and Joinied is commenting on Dialed In being left behind after this.

Lost in transalation kind of thing going on.

Dahoss9698
02-02-2011, 01:55 PM
Think Dahoss may be refering to break out of gate where Dialed In broke well and on terms and Joinied is commenting on Dialed In being left behind after this.

It's possible, but Joanied's follow up comment contradicts this, which is why I'm still wondering if she has seen the race.

For the record, he broke well and fell behind early because he seemingly has very little early speed, at least in sprints or elongated sprints. All closers don't break bad. They just have little early speed which is why they find themselves at the back of the field.

joanied
02-02-2011, 02:38 PM
If you post opinions, people will usually comment on them on a message board. What is the point if they don't? Obviously, the poster thought your opinion was silly, like it or not. It wasn't against the TOS, so you can respond or move on. Crying about it won't accomplish anything.

Who's crying? I said we each have our opinions...and certainly one can disagree...just leave out the sarcasm is all.
I sure don't need any comments about it from you.

joanied
02-02-2011, 02:43 PM

from what I saw at the break, he broke towards the outside rail...and in so doing, lost ground right out of the gate...maybe I didn't have a good enough view of the angle of his break, and it obviously didn't hurt him, being a come from behind horse, but still, 15 lengths out of it is alot to make up, regardless of how the pace shaped up...and that is my opinion of it.

There is no lost in translation going on, Charlie...just a good reason to tell me my view of the race was, as someone else said, silly.

cj
02-02-2011, 02:49 PM
Who's crying? I said we each have our opinions...and certainly one can disagree...just leave out the sarcasm is all.
I sure don't need any comments about it from you.

There is no rule against sarcasm.

Crying, whining, bitching, complaining, whatever you want to call it, your post was it.

You may not need my comments, or even want them, but I'll still give them.

redshift1
02-02-2011, 02:55 PM
The DRF chart says unhurried after breaking sluggishly. The Gulfstream feed focused on the leaders and Dialed In was out of the picture for most of the race. Any other replays of the HB available?

cj
02-02-2011, 03:01 PM
The DRF chart says unhurried after breaking sluggishly. The Gulfstream feed focused on the leaders and Dialed In was out of the picture for most of the race. Any other replays of the HB available?

He did not break sluggishly.

Dahoss9698
02-02-2011, 03:26 PM
I'm waiting for one of Stillriledup's personalities to check in with an analysis of the race. Then this entire thing will be complete.

Charlie D
02-02-2011, 03:26 PM
from what I saw at the break, he broke towards the outside rail...and in so doing, lost ground right out of the gate...maybe I didn't have a good enough view of the angle of his break, and it obviously didn't hurt him, being a come from behind horse, but still, 15 lengths out of it is alot to make up, regardless of how the pace shaped up...and that is my opinion of it.

There is no lost in translation going on, Charlie...just a good reason to tell me my view of the race was, as someone else said, silly.

Fair enough. I'll keep my nose out in future :)

He broke well and on terms and you can see this, he only started losing ground because he was 1) lacking in Early pace or 2) the intention was not to chase wide, but drop in or 3) a combination of 1 and 2

I personally did not see a "bad start"

joanied
02-02-2011, 03:56 PM
Fair enough. I'll keep my nose out in future :)

He broke well and on terms and you can see this, he only started losing ground because he was 1) lacking in Early pace or 2) the intention was not to chase wide, but drop in or 3) a combination of 1 and 2

I personally did not see a "bad start"

You can put your nose in anytime, Charlie...I know you were trying to be nice, and that is appreciated.
I didn't catch the race on TV, but in the replay on line, it's hard to see exactly how he broke...just looked to me like he was heading for the outside rail...and right, had to get him over away from the outside lanes, but being that far back was probably not what they wanted...this time it happened to work out well.

joanied
02-02-2011, 03:57 PM
He did not break sluggishly.

Now you know more than the chart maker...tell me, are you ever wrong about anything? Must be pretty nice to be so perfect...or to think you are!

Dahoss9698
02-02-2011, 04:00 PM
Now you know more than the chart maker...tell me, are you ever wrong about anything? Must be pretty nice to be so perfect...or to think you are!

Are you ever right about anything?

CincyHorseplayer
02-02-2011, 04:01 PM

CJ made a pace fig on how fast you would respond to this and it was +12 for the class level.Or lack of class level!:D

joanied
02-02-2011, 04:02 PM
There is no rule against sarcasm.

Crying, whining, bitching, complaining, whatever you want to call it, your post was it.

You may not need my comments, or even want them, but I'll still give them.

Of course you will...you're so high on yourself it's almost funny, almost because it's really rather pathetic.

Charlie D
02-02-2011, 04:02 PM

Didn't break sluggishly at all as you can see on replay, so i'm no sure why CC states he did, he was unhurried though and this resulted in him losing lengths in a matter of strides with him eventually dropping out of view.

cj
02-02-2011, 04:07 PM

I know chart makers make mistakes, lots of them. It isn't that they aren't good at the job, but they have a big time crunch to get the charts out...you should know this of course. It has nothing to do with me being high on myself, whatever that means.

I'm wrong about plenty of things, don't have a problem with it. Not putting you on ignore is probably one of them, but the comedy is too good to pass up.

PhantomOnTour
02-02-2011, 04:14 PM
Let's wait and see how he does around two turns. He's been impressive and put up a decent 96 Beyer in the Holy Bull. He runs (and finishes) like the extra distance and two turns won't be a problem, but many a one turn closer has flattened when going longer and two turns.
What impressed me was the way he ranged up on them at the 1/4 pole while just cruising. I don't think J Lep even got into him in the stretch.

elysiantraveller
02-02-2011, 04:20 PM

He didn't break poorly. He veered outside at the start from the outside post but broke in good standing and was level with the field. He just doesn't have any early speed. He is always going to spot 10 lengths at the quarter.

redshift1
02-03-2011, 12:01 AM
Didn't break sluggishly at all as you can see on replay, so i'm no sure why CC states he did, he was unhurried though and this resulted in him losing lengths in a matter of strides with him eventually dropping out of view.

Agreed he was taken to the rail and dropped back by Leparoux which is Julian's usual style. I still would like to see a head on shot of the start to see what the chart man was talking about.

CincyHorseplayer
02-03-2011, 04:46 AM
Here's a good link from the Bloodhorse about him;

http://cs.bloodhorse.com/blogs/truenicks/archive/2011/02/02/derby-threat-dialed-in.aspx