PDA

View Full Version : Rolling Pick 3s 12% Takeout @ Sam Houston

FiveWide
01-30-2011, 11:26 AM
FYI

-Five

The_Knight_Sky
01-30-2011, 11:53 AM
That's great. http://i52.tinypic.com/1o2hdw.gif.

However I do look forward to a racetrack (any racetrack) that caters to spot players like myself with takeout reductions in the exacta and trifecta pools.

As it stands, I have little inclination learning new tracks
that wish to tie me and force me to handicap 4-5-6 races in a row.

Many of them which may not be my specialty races.

tbwinner
01-30-2011, 12:11 PM
Twinspires will give a rebate of the takeout to any winning ticket on Mondays for Sam Houston's rolling Pick 3s, so if you play Mondays with them it is an effective 0% take.

FiveWide
01-30-2011, 01:18 PM
That's great. http://i52.tinypic.com/1o2hdw.gif.

As it stands, I have little inclination learning new tracks
that wish to tie me and force me to handicap 4-5-6 races in a row.

Many of them which may not be my specialty races.

One of my main reasons why I prefer the vertical exotics myself!

-Five

mannyberrios
01-30-2011, 02:21 PM
I think we should get together, and help their handle abit

CincyHorseplayer
01-30-2011, 02:59 PM
First off,what is going on at this track?I looked at 4 days of results and it's been bombs away.

That said I only saw one P3 pay less than $100.00,and a sequence of 6/5,5/2,3-1 paid $244.00.

I think it's worth looking into.I'm getting better playing horizontally the older I get anyway.This sounds like a good deal.

FiveWide
01-30-2011, 04:18 PM
First off,what is going on at this track?I looked at 4 days of results and it's been bombs away.

That said I only saw one P3 pay less than $100.00,and a sequence of 6/5,5/2,3-1 paid $244.00.

I think it's worth looking into.I'm getting better playing horizontally the older I get anyway.This sounds like a good deal.

The meet just started so I think part of it is your typical start of meet bombs plus the horses are your bottom lvl ones. Nonetheless, I think SH does alot of things right. They even have free live streaming and archived videos from their web site.

Also, I think they offer .50 pick 3 too. I believe they were the first track to offer .10 supers so it doesn't surprise me they are doing some different things.

-Five

Si2see
01-30-2011, 06:37 PM
I am going to give them a shot tonight, i saw your post this morning and would have been done for the night but caught the last race double at gp. I have friends here that play sam houston because of the bombers, so maybe one of us will catch a nice payout tonight

The_Knight_Sky
01-30-2011, 10:25 PM
I took a look at Sam Houston's card on Saturday night.
Lots of shippers and layups mixing it up early.

There's also a lot of 7 day wheelbacks being utilized.
Sam Houston Park is famous for that.

I also noticed they're racing on MONDAY AFTERNOONS.
That fills a void on the weekly calendar.

And of course you have to like Martha Claussen. ;)

CincyHorseplayer
01-31-2011, 02:38 AM
The meet just started so I think part of it is your typical start of meet bombs plus the horses are your bottom lvl ones. Nonetheless, I think SH does alot of things right. They even have free live streaming and archived videos from their web site.

Also, I think they offer .50 pick 3 too. I believe they were the first track to offer .10 supers so it doesn't surprise me they are doing some different things.

-Five

You know I love the beginning of meets.A lot of players don't because they can't put them into the meat grinder of pace numbers over the same track yet.Simply by looking at past shippers' success and purse averages at shipping tracks,you can get locked into solid bets.Just off the top of your head what tracks ship into Sam Houston the most and/or have success?I can check result charts from this meet and last,would just like an idea of where to start and what to look at,because if this trend continues for even a week or two more one could make a fortune off the pick 3.

FiveWide
01-31-2011, 10:38 PM
You know I love the beginning of meets.A lot of players don't because they can't put them into the meat grinder of pace numbers over the same track yet.Simply by looking at past shippers' success and purse averages at shipping tracks,you can get locked into solid bets.Just off the top of your head what tracks ship into Sam Houston the most and/or have success?I can check result charts from this meet and last,would just like an idea of where to start and what to look at,because if this trend continues for even a week or two more one could make a fortune off the pick 3.

It's been awhile since I've played SH but for the most part Lone Star, Louisiana Downs, Remingington Park and Retama Park horse ship in the most. And my list is in no particular order.

I can't really say any of them have have better success than others although I'd give preference to LaD, RP, LS followed by Retama with the top 3 all being pretty close. I usually lean more towards some of the more successful trainers such as Broberg, Willis, Pish, Asmussen. Those I can think of off the top of my head.

-Five

BombsAway Bob
02-01-2011, 12:44 AM
Monday Afternoon @SamHouston-
Pick-3 Pools ranged from just under $4,000 to a high of $7,460 (on R789).
Pick-4 Pools were +$10,000 & +$14,000,even with double the takeout!
We Need to get SAM HOUSTON
MONDAY AFTERNOON HANA Pick-3 Pool Parties in February!
Absolutely no reason we couldn't double/triple pool size,and re-project
a Positive Efforts for racing Vibe for HANA, useful during their current
Boycott Battle with Santa Anita. "Everyone into the Pool...the Pool!"

CincyHorseplayer
02-01-2011, 01:43 AM
It was chalk city at Sam Houston today,but amazingly 4 of the 7 pick 3's paid 98.00 or better.If you have 2 winners floating between 3/2 and 1-1,with a 7/2 in the other leg paying $100 that's not bad.Here in Ohio it would pay about 27.00.

The Bit
02-01-2011, 09:10 AM
I hit the late pick 3 yesterday and was more than happy with the return ...

R7 - $3.60
R8 - $3.60
R9 - $27.80

$131.40 for $2.

Horseplayersbet.com
02-01-2011, 02:45 PM
I hit the late pick 3 yesterday and was more than happy with the return ...

R7 - $3.60
R8 - $3.60
R9 - $27.80

$131.40 for $2.
45% overlay. Good value.

FiveWide
02-01-2011, 07:02 PM
I might be mistaken but i think only the pick 4 is 12% takeout unless theydid not update their website.Correct me if i am wrong.

I haven't checked their website but I was watching their live feed the other night when they had that GIII race and it was streaming on the live feed about the pick 3s and takeout. So unless it has changed since then I'm pretty sure it's the rolling pick 3s.

-Five

fmolf
02-01-2011, 07:03 PM
45% overlay. Good value.
I am going to play their evening cards.I hopeeveryone plays and their handle goes way up.Maybe other tracks will take notice.

FiveWide
02-01-2011, 07:49 PM
I am going to play their evening cards.I hopeeveryone plays and their handle goes way up.Maybe other tracks will take notice.

I've always had good success at SH so I'll be playing some there as well.

-Five

netbet
02-01-2011, 08:44 PM
The Pick 3's have the 12% takeout. The Pick 4's are the same as the Tri's and Super's with 25% takeout.

I have been playing the evening cards and betting most of the P3's. I really like the turf course at SHRP.

FiveWide
02-01-2011, 09:11 PM
The Pick 3's have the 12% takeout. The Pick 4's are the same as the Tri's and Super's with 25% takeout.

I have been playing the evening cards and betting most of the P3's. I really like the turf course at SHRP.

I've heard that their turf course gets rave reviews and is one of the best around. Or at least used to be.

-Five

MNslappy
02-02-2011, 02:51 AM
They even have free live streaming and archived videos from their web site.

Sad, isn't it, that in 2011, with this sport/game on a steady decline for years and technology growing on trees for god's sake, that one would have to get excited about something like this.

This should be standard operating procedure for all tracks, everywhere. It should be a given.

Kevroc
02-02-2011, 03:06 AM
I'm getting better playing horizontally the older I get anyway.

http://www.clevelandleader.com/files/hughhefnergirls.jpg

I think I may need to get into the action.. the prices listed so far are very nice!

CincyHorseplayer
02-02-2011, 04:18 AM
http://www.clevelandleader.com/files/hughhefnergirls.jpg

I think I may need to get into the action.. the prices listed so far are very nice!

Man that is too funny!!!

Yeah I'm getting better at the other horizontal as I get older too!:D

JustRalph
02-07-2011, 05:07 PM
99 dollar horse blows up the board..........check the form out on that one.......?

The trainer and everybody on his cell phone just got paid!

I hope they enjoy my pik3 money.........

JustRalph
02-07-2011, 06:07 PM
caught the 35-1 shot in the 2nd leg with the Schrupp button.

Live to the 6 in race 10 for 179........

Horse has a huge pace advantage off last race, But has never put two races together, not even close. First on turf......too......... in for a dime, in for a dollar............ :bang:

**edit

Huge overlay on the 5 horse........gonna give him some action too

Stillriledup
02-07-2011, 06:23 PM
caught the 35-1 shot in the 2nd leg with the Schrupp button.

Live to the 6 in race 10 for 179........

Horse has a huge pace advantage off last race, But has never put two races together, not even close. First on turf......too......... in for a dime, in for a dollar............ :bang:

**edit

Huge overlay on the 5 horse........gonna give him some action too

EDNA!

JustRalph
02-07-2011, 06:25 PM
Wheeled the Winner in the exacta for a buck and cashed a $124 exacta. Toss on the 179 for the pik3 and it was fun. The Pool Party was grand!!

Thanks Bob..... good fun.

Deputy!

DeanT
02-07-2011, 06:49 PM
I think that is BS. I have been following this Justralph on twitter all day and I got given zero winners.

http://twitter.com/justralph

Good job (real) Just Ralph!

JustRalph
02-07-2011, 08:39 PM
I think that is BS. I have been following this Justralph on twitter all day and I got given zero winners.

http://twitter.com/justralph

Good job (real) Just Ralph!

I think he is a cab driver. There are two more out there somewhere. One threatened to sue me if I didn't sell him "Justralph.com" once. I told him he could have it for 500k. He wasn't very happy. :lol:

I don't tweet much but just throw an _ In front to get the real Justralph :lol:

Stillriledup
02-07-2011, 09:11 PM
Wheeled the Winner in the exacta for a buck and cashed a $124 exacta. Toss on the 179 for the pik3 and it was fun. The Pool Party was grand!!

Thanks Bob..... good fun.

Deputy!

That was a great race to play, the favorite was some deep closer who had no turf success and the race was at 5F. She was a great throwout, i'm not sure why she was 9-5, maybe the public didnt realize the race was on the turf? :D

olddaddy
02-07-2011, 11:01 PM
It is a fun track to play. I will be back again.

JustRalph
02-08-2011, 02:43 AM
That was a great race to play, the favorite was some deep closer who had no turf success and the race was at 5F. She was a great throwout, i'm not sure why she was 9-5, maybe the public didnt realize the race was on the turf? :D

Equisim and jcapper saw it that way too. Luckily the horse stayed in form for a record 2 in a row :lol:

Kevroc
02-15-2011, 06:29 PM
Twinspires will give a rebate of the takeout to any winning ticket on Mondays for Sam Houston's rolling Pick 3s, so if you play Mondays with them it is an effective 0% take.

Yup, can't beat 0% takeout!!

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y253/kevroc/HOU2-14.jpg