PDA

View Full Version : The question that needs to be asked

Tom
01-30-2011, 12:06 AM
Saturday Night Live......why?

Does anyone not stoned or drunk watch the shows before they air?
Is there a garage strike in NY?
Am I dead and SNL is my Hell?

My Gawd, there is not one person on that show with an ounce of talent anymore. The DT Ward has better writers. I've seen funnier head-ons. In school zones. At recess.

Saturday night choices.....bed bugs, a rash, SNL........

:bang:

boxcar
01-30-2011, 12:20 AM

My Gawd, there is not one person on that show with an ounce of talent anymore. The DT Ward has better writers. I've seen funnier head-ons. In school zones. At recess.

There's always Netflix. Just watched Fractured with my favorite actor Anthony Hopkins. Classic Hopkins. Very enjoyable.

Boxcar

NJ Stinks
01-30-2011, 12:46 AM
What about Lockup? Lots of talented folks on show there.

Tom
01-30-2011, 12:56 AM
Never heard of it...what channel?

sandpit
01-30-2011, 01:01 AM
I think he means that human garbage show on MSNBC...for some reason, they have hours of programming of hardened criminals; in some twisted way, they are glorifying people who for the most part should not even be allowed to watch tv, let alone be on it.

johnhannibalsmith
01-30-2011, 01:14 AM
Never heard of it...what channel?

...he means that human garbage show on MSNBC...

STEP 1
Power on the television and press the "Menu" button on the television remote control.

STEP 2
Select "Settings," then "Channel." This brings up the channel options menu.

STEP 3
Choose either "Cable" if you have a cable/satellite connection, or "Antenna." Press "Enter," and the television scans through all the possible stations you may receive with the connection.

STEP 4
Exit the channel options menu once the scan has finished. The stations that had once been removed are now placed back into the television programming.

JustRalph
01-30-2011, 01:24 AM
What about Lockup? Lots of talented folks on show there.

how many did you put in there for not paying their taxes? See anybody you recognize ? :lol:

Rookies
01-30-2011, 10:12 AM
how many did you put in there for not paying their taxes? See anybody you recognize ? :lol:

A warning to all...

How quickly that personal info you personally laid out on the Net, will be wedged to anything, of any consequence, forever! ;)

NJ Stinks
01-30-2011, 12:50 PM
A warning to all...

How quickly that personal info you personally laid out on the Net, will be wedged to anything, of any consequence, forever! ;)

And to think I only fessed up because of that bastion of reality-based content - Sir Mostpost. :(

boxcar
01-30-2011, 04:51 PM
I think he means that human garbage show on MSNBC...for some reason, they have hours of programming of hardened criminals; in some twisted way, they are glorifying people who for the most part should not even be allowed to watch tv, let alone be on it.

Are you telling us that inmates are NJ's soul mates to which he so strongly relates? :D

Boxcar

NJ Stinks
01-30-2011, 07:59 PM

I was and I agree....a horrible waste of programming. :ThmbDown:

(I was just kidding in Post 3 above. :blush: )

Steve 'StatMan'
01-30-2011, 09:42 PM

Live TV. I remember a clip show with Lorne Michaels and the cast, talking about the show. Lorne had a great comment in it - "The show doesn't 'go on' because it's perfect and ready. It 'goes on' because it's 11:30 on Saturday Night."

JustRalph
01-31-2011, 01:07 AM
A warning to all...

I gotta believe that isn't the first time NJ has taken a jab due to his prior job?

skate
02-02-2011, 04:52 PM

Welp...i've not seen SNL lately, sure am glad to see your opinion on this sort.

for me, i find almost every comedy type show on TV to be in Decay, too mechanical, to say the least, minor leagues.

These other "cop" type shows are much the same.

I'd rather tune into BO, FishBellieBill or even Hiccups/underware-bomber with all their hemorrhoidal squirms, talk about funny.