PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Amendment in Dems' Cross Hairs...as Predicted

boxcar
01-27-2011, 06:56 PM
What Wasn't in Obama's State of the Union: Gun Control

Excerpt:

"Just two and a half weeks ago we had 13 people wounded,six killed including a Congresswoman wounded, a federal judge killed," Politico's Roger Simon said on CBS News' State of the Union webcast Tuesday night. "Democrats saw this as a way to renew the vigor and the argument about doing something small and sensible like banning high capacity magazines for handguns. President Obama doesn't seem to be signaling that he's getting on that."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20029587-503544.html

As predicted, the Dems would not allow a "good" tragedy to go to waste, any more than they would a good crisis. The Dems would want to capitalize on the shootings.

However, 2012 is very close and the Dems have far too many seats up for grabs, so this might not get the staunch support, even in the Senate, that bleeding heart lobbyists are hoping for. And I don't think this bill will go anywhere in the House. Hopefully, the House will make short order of this newest attack on our liberties and get on with far more pressing business.

Boxcar

Spiderman
01-27-2011, 07:20 PM
Gotcha, you've been reading NYTIMES. They had the same slant on possibility to modify gun law.

The Arizona shooter got off 30 rounds in 14 seconds. Do the math.

boxcar
01-27-2011, 07:57 PM
Gotcha, you've been reading NYTIMES. They had the same slant on possibility to modify gun law.

The Arizona shooter got off 30 rounds in 14 seconds. Do the math.

No, I haven't. I don't read that rag, except for specific purposes. I have my sources. I don't have to read the NY Slimes. In fact, for your info, I probably have not bought a newspaper in about 15 years or so. Seriously. Newspapers are sooooo yesteryear.

Now, here's a news flash for you: A savvy revolver user could get off just as many rounds in that time or even less with a speed loader.

And finally, those murders have nothing to do with "math". It has to do with a human being who chose to kill people. His gun didn't kill those people or injure them. He did. His gun was merely a tool and an inanimate object with no mind of its own. If we take your premise to its logical conclusion, we should also ban automobiles for their involvement in the deaths of thousands every year.

Boxcar

lamboguy
01-27-2011, 08:22 PM
well i like to look at the price of gold. it has dropped from a top of $1430 down to $1310 per ounce. what that tells me is that the conservetive republicans now like the president that is in office today. let me tell you this, i have never accused any republican of being smart. they are not so smart in this matter either, barrack obama is a two bit con-artist punk in my opinion. gold is going to $1600 no matter how many repulicans this man can fool. the rest of the world is not so dumb they will push the price of gold up and probably eliminate the dollar as the currency of reserve in due time.